• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime (Update: All Charges Dropped. Records Sealed. Chicago Mayor Not Happy.)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

“Juicy Smollay” said:
With all due respect brother, y’all can clown me all you want but my story has actually never changed and I haven’t lied about a thing. Y’all can continue to be misinformed, internalized sheep, who believe what actual proven liars feed you or you can read the actual docs. Either way, I’mma be alright. I know me and what happened. You don’t. So carry on. All love
He sounds exactly like a ResetEra post.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Dec 15, 2011

Kim Foxx, now campaigning for re-election, starts to drop dead weight with, at best, half a mea-culpa.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: matt404au

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Kim Foxx, now campaigning for re-election, starts to drop dead weight with, at best, half a mea-culpa.
Those comments are pretty based tho

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008

If they re-elect her I vote we force Cook county to cede from the US.

Oct 26, 2018
I guess so much for laying low and letting the storm pass

Jussie suing Chicago

Wow.

It's like a robber getting away with theft, and then goes back to the store trying to refund the goods for cash.

Got to admit he has balls. Dumb as rocks, but ballsy.

Reactions: Shmunter

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Friends in high places tend to build hubris.
What friends in high places? Who'd want to associate with this idiot after how radioactive his reputation has become?

My only wish is to see how Dave Chappelle will make fun of him for this latest misadventure.

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
The friends that got him off with everything.
And look at what's happened. Kimm Foxx is under scrutiny for her role in getting him off and is now being investigated. They're also questioning his ties to the Obama's and Kamala Harris.

Why would any of them risk their public reputation over a second rate actor/singer from a soon to be cancelled TV show? It's a stupid hill to die on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
And look at what's happened. Kimm Foxx is under scrutiny for her role in getting him off and is now being investigated. They're also questioning his ties to the Obama's and Kamala Harris.

Why would any of them risk their public reputation over a second rate actor/singer from a soon to be cancelled TV show? It's a stupid hill to die on.
Maybe they misplayed their hand at the outcome. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Reactions: autoduelist

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Maybe they misplayed their hand at the outcome. Wouldn’t be the first time.
Perhaps they thought he'd be a martyr that would unite black and gay people against Trump?

I think Charles Barkley and Dave Chapelle made it clear what most black people think of Juicy Nugget.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Perhaps they thought he'd be a martyr that would unite black and gay people against Trump?

I think Charles Barkley and Dave Chapelle made it clear what most black people think of Juicy Nugget.
Chicago has been corrupt for longer than we’ve been alive. This was hubris all around, just some at the very top know they are untouchable, even when their names are brought up.

The lessers will take the fall as a fail safe.

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Chicago has been corrupt for longer than we’ve been alive. This was hubris all around, just some at the very top know they are untouchable, even when their names are brought up.

The lessers will take the fall as a fail safe.
Perhaps you're right. I'm not familiar with the local politics of Chicago so perhaps you have a better grasp of the situation than I do.

Still, I think it's monumentally stupid of Juicy to bring himself back into the spotlight like this. I really hope he gets his comeuppance soon.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
What I don’t get is that it seems so slam dunk against Smollet- such an obvious fake at the start- then everything coming out- there must be something more to it. Because no way he just walks from this unless there was gross ineptitude from the cops on this one.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
What I don’t get is that it seems so slam dunk against Smollet- such an obvious fake at the start- then everything coming out- there must be something more to it. Because no way he just walks from this unless there was gross ineptitude from the cops on this one.
Have you not kept up with the story? Corruption in the Prosecutor’s office.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Have you not kept up with the story? Corruption in the Prosecutor’s office.
I just read up on it I definitely have not been keeping up.

just seems ridiculous all round. So sick of cops overstepping their bounds and losing cases due to their own bullshit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I just read up on it I definitely have not been keeping up.

just seems ridiculous all round. So sick of cops overstepping their bounds and losing cases due to their own bullshit.
What are you talking about?

It’s been well documented that the police conducted a thorough investigation, found a mountain of evidence and presented an open and shut case to the prosecutor’s office who then inexplicably gave the hoaxing cunt a slap on the wrist and sealed the case despite all precedents.

The corrupt bitch that is head of the prosecutor’s office was the reason.

What have you been checking? CNN?

Last edited:

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
What are you talking about?

It’s been well documented that the police conducted a thorough investigation, found a mountain of evidence and presented an open and shut case to the prosecutor’s office who then inexplicably gave the hoaxing cunt a slap on the wrist and sealed the case despite all precedents.

The corrupt bitch that is head of the prosecutor’s office was the reason.

What have you been checking? CNN?
please. I don’t buy into conspiracy theories like what you are peddling here. The simplest explanation is often the true one- it was bungled. I did misspeak here- I said cops but I meant the justice system. If it’s so slam dunk on smollett one prosecutor couldn’t just tank the case. I reckon he faked it but I reckon these idiot cops or prosecutors either coerced a confession from someone when they didn’t need to or did something else so wrong they knew they’d lose the case otherwise.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
please. I don’t buy into conspiracy theories like what you are peddling here. The simplest explanation is often the true one- it was bungled. I did misspeak here- I said cops but I meant the justice system. If it’s so slam dunk on smollett one prosecutor couldn’t just tank the case. I reckon he faked it but I reckon these idiot cops or prosecutors either coerced a confession from someone when they didn’t need to or did something else so wrong they knew they’d lose the case otherwise.
Nice troll. 2/10

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Cops did nothing wrong on this one. Both Smollett and the corrupt DA, Kim Foxx, have links to Kamala Harris and the Obamas. Cops did their job, presented a slam dunk case to the DA’s office, and Foxx just let him walk. The records were then sealed by a judge.

Your prejudice is showing though.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Cops did nothing wrong on this one. Both Smollett and the corrupt DA, Kim Foxx, have links to Kamala Harris and the Obamas. Cops did their job, presented a slam dunk case to the DA’s office, and Foxx just let him walk. The records were then sealed by a judge.

Your prejudice is showing though.
A presidential conspiracy to protect some no name actor? Why?

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014
Welcome to the most corrupt city in America for pretty much forever.

Dada55000

Oct 24, 2018
A presidential conspiracy to protect some no name actor? Why?
Not to protect the actor. Nobody gives a particular shit about him. It was several levels of cronyism and interests just coinciding at the same time. Kim Foxx's selective love for criminals alongside racial lines,she's rotten from the word go even without anything else going on. Now on top of this, Kamala Harris introduced a lynching bill prior to Juicy's ploy, which really seemed to be a fortunate occurence before it unravaled as a giant shitshow. The whole bill was to set up the racial angle for her election campaign, except now it got poisoned by Smollet's retardation. The affair needed to be dealt with fast, favours were blatantly called and so it was, and then memoryholed, which didn't work out. (The more conspiratorial version of this story, is that Jussie's self lynching was to validate the bill itself, and thus Harris, but I just think Jussie was retarded. This is the thing about the pictures.)

Obama comes in because at the time there were rumours of him endorsing Kamala. She looked to be the front runner for the DNC. Hence, additional pressure to sweep all this under the rug.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Not to protect the actor. Nobody gives a particular shit about him. It was several levels of cronyism and interests just coinciding at the same time. Kim Foxx's selective love for criminals alongside racial lines,she's rotten from the word go even without anything else going on. Now on top of this, Kamala Harris introduced a lynching bill prior to Juicy's ploy, which really seemed to be a fortunate occurence before it unravaled as a giant shitshow. The whole bill was to set up the racial angle for her election campaign, except now it got poisoned by Smollet's retardation. The affair needed to be dealt with fast, favours were blatantly called and so it was, and then memoryholed, which didn't work out. (The more conspiratorial version of this story, is that Jussie's self lynching was to validate the bill itself, and thus Harris, but I just think Jussie was retarded. This is the thing about the pictures.)

Obama comes in because at the time there were rumours of him endorsing Kamala. She looked to be the front runner for the DNC. Hence, additional pressure to sweep all this under the rug.
Obama’s name was also mentioned because of the leaked texts in an exchange with Foxx that had the Obamas mentioned in them, if I remember correctly.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

To add, don't forget how Hollywood and news-media responded to the unfolding story and showed what kind of hypocrites they are.

To draw a comparison, I would liken it to the crime-lord's nephew accidentally getting a parking ticket, throwing a violent tantrum that gets caught on camera, the police investigate, but then suddenly the D.A. and the media all run cover for the nephew.

I'm not implying that Jussie Smollett's chain of favors goes "all the way to the top" (I remember hearing theories he had ties to Michelle Obama), but the situation began to stink of greater collusion among the elites. It wasn't just Kim Foxx. It wasn't just the Democrats' reaction. It was also the media and Hollywood.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
To add, don't forget how Hollywood and news-media responded to the unfolding story and showed what kind of hypocrites they are.

To draw a comparison, I would liken it to the crime-lord's nephew accidentally getting a parking ticket, throwing a violent tantrum that gets caught on camera, the police investigate, but then suddenly the D.A. and the media all run cover for the nephew.

I'm not implying that Jussie Smollett's chain of favors goes "all the way to the top" (I remember hearing theories he had ties to Michelle Obama), but the situation began to stink of greater collusion among the elites. It wasn't just Kim Foxx. It wasn't just the Democrats' reaction. It was also the media and Hollywood.
Remember the tweets from the studio (running cover) saying they can’t wait to have Jussie back on the show...

That worked out so well, dinnit?

Last edited: