'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime (Update: Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts for alleged hoax)

Aug 30, 2014
What’s going on in that video?
A gang of [redacted] beat the everliving shit out of a 15 year old white kid, kicking him multiple times in the head after he's clearly already knocked out. A security guard moseys over doing absolutely nothing because he is a complete coward. The media looks the other way because of important reasons.

Aug 30, 2014
Portland can be a fucked up place. "of all the places" yes it could definitely happen there.
Beg to differ. Portland does have a history, but if we are talking this decade? Big no. Or at least, if two random people did this, there was something else going on. I mean, sure, any two random people anywhere can do something this dumb. But to present Portland as a place where this is common, and where people look the other way, is absurd. Practicaly every store in Portland has at least one 'everybody welcome' sign up, every third house has signage like that, it's a huge antifa hotspot, the schools are incredibly LGBTQ + and trans friendly, you will likely see a trans person behind a register if you randomly go to one or two supermarkets or big stores. Again, sure, its remotely possible 2 people did this, but if it did there's absolutely no way the city looked the other way. This is the same city that forced its police to stand down verses antifa.

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Beg to differ. Portland does have a history, but if we are talking this decade? Big no. Or at least, if two random people did this, there was something else going on. I mean, sure, any two random people anywhere can do something this dumb. But to present Portland as a place where this is common, and where people look the other way, is absurd. Practicaly every store in Portland has at least one 'everybody welcome' sign up, every third house has signage like that, it's a huge antifa hotspot, the schools are incredibly LGBTQ + and trans friendly, you will likely see a trans person behind a register if you randomly go to one or two supermarkets or big stores. Again, sure, its remotely possible 2 people did this, but if it did there's absolutely no way the city looked the other way. This is the same city that forced its police to stand down verses antifa.
There’s a reason Louis Theroux chose Portland for his Altered States doco

Apr 15, 2018
Isnt Portland the birth of antifa? The first time I saw beckbeards with bandanas running around throwing trash cans and bike locks at people it was in Portland

Unless I’m misremembering
Antifa started overseas. It's birthplace isn't in the states.

However Portland is probably where they have the most political power. The mayor supports them

Oct 24, 2017
Update

Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts by grand jury

"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been indicted by a grand jury in Chicago on 16 felony counts after allegedly lying to police about being the victim of a racist and homophobic hate crime.
Smollett was charged last month with felony disorderly conduct for the allegedly false report he made with Chicago police on Jan. 29, according to the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. In it he claimed he was assaulted by two masked men who hurled racist and homophobic slurs.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...-on-16-felony-counts-by-grand-jury/ar-BBUxYYb

Aug 30, 2014
Antifa started overseas. It's birthplace isn't in the states.

However Portland is probably where they have the most political power. The mayor supports them
Portland is a hotspot. They ruled the streets for a bit, like you said, they mayor literally told the police to stand down. There us plenty if video if armed antifa in the streets, antifa assaulting people, antifa even directing traffic [and berating drivers, chasing cars] while police watched.

Nearby in ugene, they had that 'smash the patriarchy and chill' parent getting killed while shooting [first] at cops, a real bomb at a police station, etc.

Fuck antifa. Truly fascists, despite the name.

Jun 12, 2018
Oct 9, 2013
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
I mean I feel like at a certain point he should have been going for any kind of plea bargain he could get. Is that too late now?
When all the info came out weeks ago. He should have scrapped the whole thing and admitted it was a hoax. No doubt his punishment would have been less severe. I think if he came out admitting to it after all the info came out, he'd still get less punishment. Anything to appease the courts and convict faster should get some brownie pts from the courts.

But if he's going all-in hoping to convince everyone he's still right and everyone else is wrong, he'll get maximum punishment.

It's like poker. Sometimes you got to fold.

Jun 12, 2018
I thought these had to be the federal charges for the letter with white powder, but nope these are all local charges of felony lying to the police. So he additional has the federal charges yet to be filed.

Maybe this case and the Covington lawsuits will make future hoaxers and the biased media think twice about running a racist hoax and how it's reported.

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
I can't see the 16 counts sticking. 1 for each crime he said was perpetrated against him and for each officer he told it to (2). So 8 crimes to 2 officers for 16 counts.

But, if he is guilty he should be sent away for however long is possible.

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Considering what this crook tried to pull off, I think this is a fitting punishment. He wasn't just trying to scam people, he was trying to fuel racism and hatred for our president and his followers.

He was knowingly perpetrating this deceitful Behavior throughout the entire ordeal even trying to come off as the victim well after the pieces begin to fall into place for the authorities, this chucklehead deserves nothing less.

When there's already such a thick air of tribalism in today's society antics like what he tried to pull are unacceptable!

Oct 9, 2013

Considering what this crook tried to pull off, I think this is a fitting punishment. He wasn't just trying to scam people, he was trying to fuel racism and hatred for our president and his followers.

He was knowingly perpetrating this deceitful Behavior throughout the entire ordeal even trying to come off as the victim well after the pieces begin to fall into place for the authorities, this chucklehead deserves nothing less.

When there's already such a thick air of tribalism in today's society antics like what he tried to pull are unacceptable!
Yep.

Also, the way things sounded he was willing to file charges against some innocent people.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
I can't see the 16 counts sticking. 1 for each crime he said was perpetrated against him and for each officer he told it to (2). So 8 crimes to 2 officers for 16 counts.

Depends on the circumstance, it bears more weight coming from a grand jury rather than the prosecutor flying solo.

Aug 30, 2014

16 is enough that its dangerous to go to court because enough might stick that he would be absolutely fucked.

This puts pressure in him to plea, but with 16 he likely can't just plea down to 1 or 2.

Looking forward to the federal charges too.

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Damn now I'm craving Subway LOL

Footlong chicken breast sub with bacon and chipotle sauce, jalapenos, olives, lettuce, salt and pepper and just a hint of banana peppers toasted mmm mmm

That's good eating, although normally I'm a Quiznos man myself LOL