'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime

Dec 15, 2011
*person has black eye*

THAT NOT PROOF YOU WERE PUNCHED!!!!!!!!

A colleague of mine got a black eye from a squash match - the ball hitting him in the face.
So, indeed, having a black eye isn't proof of being punched.

Even when we overlook the fact that you're using a strawman, your choice of strawman is exceptionally poor.
However, I thank you for providing such a clear demonstration of the flaws of using confirmation bias to the degree you do.

Last edited:
May 20, 2007
I don't understand this as an attack where he successfully fought them off or they intended to hang him, but an attack to quickly hurt him and induce panic. The rope served as a symbol, not as a device to hang him.
That's valid. The fact that they were able to identify him from his show that is not made for MAGA fans at 2 in the morning in the freezing cold with noose + chemical ready, were able to mug him outside of the view of any camera, did no lasting damage to his phone or sandwich while his manager listens in, then escaped in complete stealth... well... all that still leads me to believe that it's bullshit, especially given how public the area he was supposedly mugged in was.

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
*person has black eye*

THATS NOT PROOF YOU WERE PUNCHED!!!!!!!!

The only times I've seen someone get black eye have been from other things than being punched. So it in itself isn't a proof of being punched. Just as having broken ribs wouldn't be proof of someone hitting or kicking on ribs. Having a black eye would be consistent though with someone saying someone punched him. But being consistent isn't proof of anything yet.

That said, I think people shouldn't accuse him of lying. If he's not lying they'll have the most bitter crow to eat.

Aug 30, 2014
Nah fuck this shit. I'm tired of it. I have made every effort in this thread to update the OP as the situation evolved. Even responding to requests like I did above. And you people have done nothing but insult me, ridicule me and attack me every single step of the way. I'm tired of it. You people don't even try to follow the forum rules anymore when it comes to insulting or dog-piling other members
No wonder these stories affect you so, you're clearly very empathetic towards other professional victims. You should all form some sort of support group.

Aug 30, 2014
>"I get that small views may change, but I will be Left until the day I die. I would kill myself before I supported anything remotely Right leaning because I would know that will have lost my humanity if it ever came to that."

One day you're going to wake up and you'll finally be free of the cognitive dissonance that has devoured your mind. You will wonder how you ever supported the policies of the left and didn't realize how racist, sexist, and destructive they actually were.

Jul 5, 2018
>"I get that small views may change, but I will be Left until the day I die. I would kill myself before I supported anything remotely Right leaning because I would know that will have lost my humanity if it ever came to that."

One day you're going to wake up and you'll finally be free of the cognitive dissonance that has devoured your mind. You will wonder how you ever supported the policies of the left and didn't realize how racist, sexist, and destructive they actually were.
One day when you both grow up your going to release that this whole conversation was stupid.

Sep 3, 2014
SuperTed Pyjamas
Nah fuck this shit. I'm tired of it. I have made every effort in this thread to update the OP as the situation evolved. Even responding to requests like I did above. And you people have done nothing but insult me, ridicule me and attack me every single step of the way. I'm tired of it. You people don't even try to follow the forum rules anymore when it comes to insulting or dog-piling other members

@Keylime @Bill O'Rights @DGrayson

The police have video of him arriving at his apartment with the rope around his neck and they have evidence in the form of his clothes being stained from the chemicals. As well as his physical injuries.

The attack happened. Its time to stop pushing this bullshit narrative of him making this up.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
What it would take to prove he falsely reported this? It’s clear there is no video of the alleged attack, so either way that’s not in play.

If he wasn’t on the phone with manager when he said he was, that would kill his credibility but would it make the entire report fraudulent in the eye of the law?

Seems like it would require video/proof that he bought the rope or something.

I dunno.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018
No, actually, being capable of having informed discussions about important topics like race without resorting to calling the other side racists and fascists is actually vital to a healthy civilization.
You can't be pissy cause the other side calls you a fascist, if you call them racist, sexist and destructive..the only thing you were right about is Nobody being closed minded...unfortunately for you...your just as closed minded.

Sep 26, 2014
What it would take to prove he falsely reported this? It’s clear there is no video of the alleged attack, so either way that’s not in play.

If he wasn’t on the phone with manager when he said he was, that would kill his credibility but would it make the entire report fraudulent in the eye of the law?

I dunno.
Yea, the origin of the rope would be the only thing at this point. Though if he wasn't on the phone with his manager like he told police, they could go after him for obstruction as an alternative to false report charges. But I seriously doubt the case is going to go anywhere either way at this point.

Feb 21, 2018
You ever seen what soda does to teeth? Don’t sleep on it bro.

No but honestly I’m curious too. Reported that the chemical was being examined, right?
Thats what NI is saying so I am interested to see what type of chemical it was that left no marks on him.

"chemical" can mean anything. They could of thrown tide on him for all we know.

At finally the real details we gotta know, what kinda Sub was it? I hope to god it wasn't meatball because that thing would of froze. At -20 temperatures you gotta go with a cold cut classic.

May 20, 2007

I dunno.
I wholeheartedly agree. Even if he purchased a similar rope there is no way to be sure it was the exact same one.

I doubt this is a coincidence. Even if I do not believe his story, I do think he is smart enough to know how to avoid self incrimination.

Sep 28, 2018

I dunno.
They would probably need footage of him not getting attacked during the time period he claimed to have been attacked. It would be pretty hard otherwise to prove he wasn't attacked to then charge him with filing a false police report.

Jul 8, 2016
I love how it’s imposible to believe this could ever be a hoax, but not more than a few months ago we found out that a woman lied about who murdered her own daughter to the police and the media. That can happen, but a man with a wee itty bitty boo boo on his cheek? IMPOSSIBLE!!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Yeah I don't think there's ever going to be proof that he made this up. And it's looking more likely that there will never be proof that it actually happened, but that remains to be seen.

What's going to happen is that everyone will forget about this, but every now and then, people on the internet will include it in their race attack list wars.

Oct 1, 2006
I'm wondering if this was a domestic violence situation between him and a past boyfriend or something, with Jussie covering for him with a partially made-up story (the MAGA yell, possibly the noose).

It is not believable that he would inflict that much damage to himself, but it is also odd that there is no video yet. The attack would obviously get coverage regardless, so maybe this is a cover? The bleach part sounds so personal that it makes me think he knew the attacker well.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I'm wondering if this was a domestic violence situation between him and a past boyfriend or something, with Jussie covering for him with a partially made-up story (the MAGA yell, possibly the noose).

It is not believable that he would inflict that much damage to himself, but it is also odd that there is no video yet. The attack would obviously get coverage regardless, so maybe this is a cover?
The damage in the photos is not concordant with what the media was reporting though. He has a slight scratch on his face and apparently a bruised rib, but that's about it. He even admitted on stage that the reports of a broken rib and hospitalization were false.

Nov 5, 2016

It is not believable that he would inflict that much damage to himself, but it is also odd that there is no video yet. The attack would obviously get coverage regardless, so maybe this is a cover? The bleach part sounds so personal that it makes me think he knew the attacker well.
In this scenario why would he even alert the police if he wants to cover for the ex?

Nov 10, 2013
- There is video of him arriving at home with the rope around his neck

- There are his clothes that have been stained by chemicals

- There are physical injuries that were treated at a local hospital

How is that not proof an attack took place?
Anyone can toss a rope on without a fight or confrontation.

What chemical was poured on him? This also COULD be done by one's self.

The injuries could be anything, it was snowing which means ice. Then there is the misinformation about a broken rib, as someone who has had a broken rib, walking home would not be fun.

None of that is proof of an attack. It's proof that something was spilled on him, a rope was put around his neck by someone or himself, and the injuries could also be self inflicted or accidental in nature.

Not saying it WASN'T an attack but none of that is proof of an attack of which they can't find anyone in the area that would align with his story.

On a side note, was there any more found on the phone records that they were going after?

Nov 10, 2013
*person has black eye*

THATS NOT PROOF YOU WERE PUNCHED!!!!!!!!

You do know a punch is not the only way to cause a black eye. I once hit a baseball that was being pitched to me by my Teacher and clocked her dead center in her left eye. Not that he is out playing baseball but again, walking in the snow, he could have slipped and smacked something.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
You do know a punch is not the only way to cause a black eye. I once hit a baseball that was being pitched to me by my Teacher and clocked her dead center in her left eye. Not that he is out playing baseball but again, walking in the snow, he could have slipped and smacked something.
There was no black eye. There was one, singular, small scratch on his cheek.

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah I don't think there's ever going to be proof that he made this up. And it's looking more likely that there will never be proof that it actually happened, but that remains to be seen.

What's going to happen is that everyone will forget about this, but every now and then, people on the internet will include it in their race attack list wars.
Probably, unfortunately.

Nov 5, 2016
I love how it’s imposible to believe this could ever be a hoax, but not more than a few months ago we found out that a woman lied about who murdered her own daughter to the police and the media. That can happen, but a man with a wee itty bitty boo boo on his cheek? IMPOSSIBLE!!

I slipped hard my first year living in a place where it snows. I went full feet over head whiplash action.

Ice sucks

Nov 10, 2013
I slipped hard my first year living in a place where it snows. I went full feet over head whiplash action.

Ice sucks
I went to Canada once and was in a parking lot (wasn't fully paved) that had thawed a bit and then froze again. I stepped on a spot of Ice I didn't see and my feet went out first and I landed stretched out on my side with my arm all bent funny. I am lucky nothing broke. Needless to say, I don't live where it snows.

Aug 30, 2014
You can't be pissy cause the other side calls you a fascist, if you call them racist, sexist and destructive..the only thing you were right about is Nobody being closed minded...unfortunately for you...your just as closed minded.
You're calling me close minded because I'm responding to someone saying they would rather die then ever be on the right. Okay that makes sense. By the way, up until identity politics took over the left anyone would have considered my politics far left. Like seriously, I'd argue that in a room of a thousand people I'd have been in a top-10 far left. Identitarian intersectional politics pushed me away , because I am open-minded enough to realize I made a serious mistake in judgment about the motivations of the left in general. I. love that you have a cheerleader upvoting every post you make though.

The fact that I disagree with you does not make me close minded. The fact that someone said they would rather die then ever lean right is pretty much the definition of close-minded. Note that in this thread I waited until quite a bit of evidence came forward before I posted any thoughts on it. That's because I'm open-minded and don't typically fall quick to judgement.

But hey rather than address any specific issue you're just insulting me. Interesting right? Let's go head-to head on an actual topic and see where the dominoes fall rather than you just throwing goofy unsubstantiated insults from a distance without actually taking any actual positions or pointing out how calling out his post is in any way 'close minded'.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014

There was no bleach. The police report says that there were two pieces of clothing admitted into evidence and that neither of them was damaged.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You're calling me close minded because I'm responding to someone saying they would rather die then ever be on the right. Okay that makes sense. By the way, up until identity politics took over the left anyone would have considered my politics far left. Like seriously, I'd argue that in a room of a thousand people I'd have been in a top-10 far left. Identitarian intersectional politics pushed me away , because I am open-minded enough to realize I made a serious mistake in judgment about the motivations of the left in general. I. love that you have a cheerleader upvoting every post you make though.

The fact that I disagree with you does not make me close minded. The fact that someone said they would rather die then ever lean right is pretty much the definition of close-minded. You'll need even note that in this thread I waited until quite a bit of evidence came forward before I post it any thoughts on it. That's because I'm open-minded and don't typically fall quick to judgement.

But hey rather than dress any issue you're just insulting me. Interesting right? Let's go head-to head want an actual topic and see where the dominoes fall rather than you just throwing insults from a distance without actually taking any positions.
It wasn't even about being on the right, it was about supporting anything remotely right leaning. This was the quote from NI verbatim:

I get that small views may change, but I will be Left until the day I die. I would kill myself before I supported anything remotely Right leaning because I would know that will have lost my humanity if it ever came to that.

Jul 5, 2018

The fact that I disagree with you does not make me close minded. The fact that someone said they would rather die then ever lean right is pretty much the definition of close-minded. Note that in this thread I waited until quite a bit of evidence came forward before I posted any thoughts on it. That's because I'm open-minded and don't typically fall quick to judgement.

But hey rather than address any specific issue you're just insulting me. Interesting right? Let's go head-to head on an actual topic and see where the dominoes fall rather than you just throwing goofy unsubstantiated insults from a distance without actually taking any actual positions or pointing out how calling out his post is in any way 'close minded'.
I'm calling you close minded because it seems we the "current left" are supporting Racist, sexist and destructive policies

I dunno why every time I have a conversation people have to turn it into something else...I don't care about your stance on this crime as my first post in this thread was basically

"I'd rather just wait till all the chips are down before making an ass outta myself"

Considering they have not all fallen yet...I do not consider anyone wrong nor right

Though I will admit calling you as close minded as Nobody would be a great exaggeration so I'll apologize for that, sorry

Tho I still I do have problems with your initial post I quoted...also I don't mean malice intent...if I did I would have worded it like "close minded idiot or whatever"

In regards to Jarebear...one sec

@JareBear I'd rather you not like my post cause you think I'm on your side or whatever especially since my post are very off topic to begin with.

Nov 5, 2016
Interesting that the original police report does not mention anywhere about MAGA country. Where the hell did TMZ get that from?
I thought it was added to police reports upon further communication with Jussie or his manager.

I could be wrong though. I’ve lost track. Wild story.

Edit:

Oh, is the point that TMZ knew about MAGA accusation before cops? Is so, then yeah, I can’t explain that

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I thought it was added to police reports upon further communication with Jussie or his manager.

Edit:

Oh, is the point that TMZ knew about MAGA accusation before cops? Is so, then yeah, I can’t explain that
The MAGA comments were not reported in his first contact with police.

Then TMZ reported the MAGA comments.

Then the police called him back and asked about the MAGA comments.

Then he adjusted his statement to include the MAGA comments.

Feb 21, 2018

Edit:

I am going off the police report that was posted in that twitter. Maybe its not the full thing ? I don't know. But if you read it, it doesn't say MAGA country anywhere. So either Jussi didn't say that in the original report, or the cops left it off.

Nov 5, 2016
The MAGA comments were not reported in his first contact with police.

Then TMZ reported the MAGA comments.

Then the police called him back and asked about the MAGA comments.

Then he adjusted his statement to include the MAGA comments.
Right. I tried to adjust with my edit, I missed the point initially.

Yeah it’s not a great look.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
It's also interesting that TMZ apparently knew about the MAGA allegations before the cops around the same time that CNN apparently knew about Roger Stone's impending arrest before anyone else.

Nov 5, 2016
I take it you've stepped back from your metacommentary about "this board" from earlier in the thread? If so, that's a good thing. Skepticism is generally healthy.
All I know is that a dude just asked me to not like his posts. That has to be a GAF first. If whatever I was doing before led to the perception that my personal endorsement of one’s post is something to be ashamed of, then I need to course correct, quickly.

I wanted to believe Jussie at the beginning. I still do. I admit that I rushed to judgment. It’s hard for me to believe he would lie about this. I hope he hasn’t.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
I'm calling you close minded because it seems we the "current left" are supporting Racist, sexist and destructive policies
You do realize me not agreeing with the current platform of the left isn't close minded right? Disagreement does not make one close minded.

Let's take the wall. Those currently in charge of the left call it racist and immoral.

I would argue the main beneficiary of the wall are those legal residents competing for unskilled labor. That is, reducing illegal immigration would directly benefit economically depressed communities. Therefore, despite the proclaimations of Pelosi, I would argue the position of the left is far more detrimental to race relations long term. It's absolutely fair for you to disagree with me on this, but my position is far from close minded, in fact, had you asked me two years ago, before I researched the topic, I would have been vehemently against the wall.

As for racism? Identity politics is literally the definition of racism. The way sandmann was piled on was the result if racist ideologues on the left pushing intersectionalism. The left is constantly pushing policy that literally divides along identity lines. That is racist and sexist. Northram arguing men should have no say in laws affecting abortion is pure sexism.

And destructive? Well, yeah. The fact that is left seems hell-bent on racing towards socialism is pretty destructive. We live in the most successful economy to ever exist. The standard of living is far higher than it's ever been, even for those in poverty. And you got politicians in power literally crying to tear it all down. That's destructive.

And this is coming from someone who has been somewhat anti-capitalist and very anti-corporate for a very long time. The left has lost all semblance of logic in the past few years. Hell, the push from safe, legal, and rare to what we see in ny and Virginia, etc, had pushed me even further from the left. That's because I'm willing to change my mind when presented with evidence. And the evidence right now is screaming out that the modern left has become legitimately dangerous.

As for trump? I'm happy with his govt transparency program. I'm very anti war, so I'm elated by his Syria and Afghanistan position. The economy is booming. His prison reform is decent. He's done more progressive things already than Obama, imho.

Far from close minded, I'm literally evidence that a far left anarcho-syndicalist can change his mind when presented with evidence.

So yeah, tell me how I'm close minded because I told someone they are wrong for wanting death over being remotely right on issues.

Last edited: