'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
He didn't consent. The police announced that like a week ago. Same for his manager. They both refused access to phone records.
That wasn’t the story I read. I read they refused to hand over phones (the actual electronic decices) but were providing the records. Of course, that was days ago snd I never heard anything else

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
That wasn’t the story I read. I read they refused to hand over phones (the actual electronic decices) but were providing the records. Of course, that was days ago snd I never heard anything else
Yeah I read that they refused to hand over their phones but were “preparing records”.

1. How hard is it to just call your provider and get them to send it through? “Preparing” seems like a bit of an embellishment.

2. If they followed through on 1, the police wouldn’t have had to subpoena them.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Is it official that they are being subpoenaed or is it just a tweet from a DailyWire staffer?

I mean I got called out for assuming a TMZ report was concrete , which was a fair criticism. But unless I’m missing something, which is very possible, I just see a tweet from a DW staffer crediting a “friend on the force.”

I guess I feel it would be nice to start hearing more things either straight from Jussie’s people or the CPD themselves. This story has been an odd ride

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Is it official that they are being subpoenaed or is it just a tweet from a DailyWire staffer?

I mean I got called out for assuming a TMZ report was concrete , which was a fair criticism. But unless I’m missing something, which is very possible, I just see a tweet from a DW staffer crediting a “friend on the force.”

I guess I feel it would be nice to start hearing more things either straight from Jussie’s people or the CPD themselves. This story has been an odd ride
There’s that skepticism. I knew you had it in you 👍

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Jun 7, 2004
Memphis
Subpeonaing phone records is a real pain in the ass and takes forever. Maybe it's easier for the cops though.

I wonder how many man hours the Chicago PD has spent on this.

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah I read that they refused to hand over their phones but were “preparing records”.

1. How hard is it to just call your provider and get them to send it through? “Preparing” seems like a bit of an embellishment.

2. If they followed through on 1, the police wouldn’t have had to subpoena them.
I can actually go online and check my call logs. So I don't see why they would have to contact the provider. They should be able to log in to their account and print the phone records for the day. And all that will show is phone number and times it won't have transcripts so if he was calling other unsavoury characters it wouldn't matter.

But I am canadian so I don't know maybe US phone carriers are like 3rd world countries and don't have the same tech us super advanced sci fi living Canadians do ???

Dec 18, 2018
The police said they have identified the type of rope. They are checking security footage from all the stores in the area that sell it.

I can't wait till this tool is found on camera buying the rope. Dumbass probably used a debit card too.

Dec 18, 2018
They have between 12 and 20 detectives working on overtime and around the clock (on this case alone). They'll get it done.

Note that an actual murder case would have three teams of only 2 detectives working around the clock....

Jun 22, 2018
I can actually go online and check my call logs. So I don't see why they would have to contact the provider. They should be able to log in to their account and print the phone records for the day. And all that will show is phone number and times it won't have transcripts so if he was calling other unsavoury characters it wouldn't matter.

But I am canadian so I don't know maybe US phone carriers are like 3rd world countries and don't have the same tech us super advanced sci fi living Canadians do ???
Same here in Australia. I can go on my phone and my phone provider (Optus) will show (on the app) all numbers I've called and the length of time I was on the phone conversing for! Pretty basic stuff I'd have thought...

Feb 21, 2018
Same here in Australia. I can go on my phone and my phone provider (Optus) will show (on the app) all numbers I've called and the length of time I was on the phone conversing for! Pretty basic stuff I'd have thought...
USA is like Back to the Future 3 and Australia and Canada are like Blade Runner 2049 I guess LOL.

Even though we both pay out our asses for our telecoms and internet.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Of course it is trivial and takes almost no time at all to pull down your call records if you want to.

The key phrase here is "if you want to".

If you want to, then it is very easy and quick.
If you DON'T want to, then it can quickly get very very difficult and time consuming. Maybe even impossible.

Feb 21, 2018
Of course it is trivial and takes almost no time at all to pull down your call records if you want to.

The key phrase here is "if you want to".

If you want to, then it is very easy and quick.
If you DON'T want to, then it can quickly get very very difficult and time consuming. Maybe even impossible.
as impossible as finding 2 ski mask wearing MAGA loving bleach carrying ninja's when there 1000's of hours of video footage?

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Jussie is still a victim. How dare you guys make light of this heinous and totally real crime.
Absolutely. If he had not had his Subway Sandwich, frozen solid due to the sub arctic temperatures, he would not had a weapon
to fight these crazy lumberjacks off.

Have the cops analyzed the Subway Sandwich/Club for DNA traces for the perps yet?

Aug 30, 2014

If his lawyers haven't told him to stfu by now, he needs new lawyers.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not. The real takeaway is that he fought back against hatred and bigotry. He is the gay Pac.

One, two, three, and to the four
One Pac, two Pac, three Pac, four
Four Pac, three Pac, two Pac, one
You're Pac, gay Pac, no Pac, none

Apr 15, 2018
This would explain a lot of things. Why the story was dropped from every major website, why jussie has explained his story so many times, why the only one's who seem to still be reporting updates are two local beat reporters on twitter, why the CPD would dare float the possibility of Jussie lying.