'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Attacked in Possible Hate Crime

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
This would explain a lot of things. Why the story was dropped from every major website, why jussie has explained his story so many times, why the only one's who seem to still be reporting updates are two local beat reporters on twitter, why the CPD would dare float the possibility of Jussie lying.
He didn't touch on the Kamala Harris connection. Isn't it extremely suspicious that Harris was involved in new anti-lynching legislation last year, her and Smollett have worked on activist campaigns together, Smollett is the face of an LGBTQ anti-violence campaign, and Harris recently announced her 2020 run?

Jun 20, 2018
The problem is that there are a lot of people that need this to be true. There will be no gotcha moment, this will just fade away. It served its purpose.
"Politically Correct Force Field" -- since he is gay, black, leftist, and hates trump some people need this to be true no matter what and if it ends up not true it wont matter because it "at least started the conversation" lolol and they will push it as true for months anyway so that in a year it is "accepted" it happened. There are still people selling the kava=rapist angle and pretend they have been right.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019
Why is this thread still going? There is 0% chance there were "white supremacist Trump supporters attacking a poor innocent gay minority at 2am in Chicago." First it was the "blonde, blue-eyed man" who "murdered a poor innocent 7 year old" (nope, it was the neighborhood thugs.) Then it was "racist white supremacists threatening poor innocent blacks and native americans" (nope, it was racist blacks and racist indians starting shit with white kids and leftists calling for violence because they're anti-white scum fuck.) How many times will some non-white make up a claim, with zero evidence, only to have the media pretend they never lie?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019
Nov 10, 2013
So you can point to the thread about it?
I’m not saying there is a thread but saying you think there is a conspiracy to not talk about it. If you haven’t noticed this isn’t the fastest forum anymore at posting stuff and i actually only saw that story this morning.

As far as the thread you are in, like maybe 2 people believe straight up this is a legit hate crime. The rest of us are very skeptical towards the story as a whole.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Nov 10, 2013
I'm just tired of noticing a pattern. Depending on the races, it's either a top story for weeks/months, or it gets memory holed after a day.
If you were talking about NeoGAF years ago or Resetera I would agree with you. That not quite what its like now a days. We just literally are super slow at posting and most stuff like that and its relation to Restera style craziness is usually maintained in the Off Topic Community page.

Also, have you read this thread? You are coming across like everyone believes every word about this story. I am thinking you haven't.

Last edited:
May 20, 2007
Why is this thread still going? There is 0% chance there were "white supremacist Trump supporters attacking a poor innocent gay minority at 2am in Chicago." First it was the "blonde, blue-eyed man" who "murdered a poor innocent 7 year old" (nope, it was the neighborhood thugs.) Then it was "racist white supremacists threatening poor innocent blacks and native americans" (nope, it was racist blacks and racist indians starting shit with white kids and leftists calling for violence because they're anti-white scum fuck.) How many times will some non-white make up a claim, with zero evidence, only to have the media pretend they never lie?
I believe it is because people are incapable of noticing they are lied to if it is from a source they trust. It is actually kind of fascinating.

Aug 30, 2014
That's what I thought.
Yet this got its own special thread.
That's because there are a handful of intersectional die hards here that will throw up a thread whenever they think a story will push their narrative. If you actually read this thread, it's a massive backfire because almost everyone saw through the hoax.

The reason nobody posted a story about the murder is likely because most people aren't trying to push a narrative of racial divide in this country, and the people who are trying to push that ignore these stories [white victims]. Yes, that was a horrible senseless murder and they should throw the book at those kids. I'd even bet it was racially motivated. But if was going to blame someone [in addition to the actual killers of course] I'd blame mainstream media and all of the holier than thou sorts who sell a toxic brand of racism they rebranded as justice. So, like the 'kill all whites' serial killer who slew 6 white hikers, it gets relatively ignored. But if we stop looking at just the media highlighted stories, and agenda driven bullshit, the actual stats tell a very different story. Were doing pretty darn good. But that doesnt get clicks or sell papers.

I can only hope that all these lies and hoaxes, all these stories like this hoax, Covington, Virginia, the green New Deal, and the rest cause more and more people to wake up from the mass hysteria they are embroiled in. The hatred of trump has blinded millions to the point they can no longer tell right from wrong.

I think they finally overplayed their hand though. More people do seem to be waking up. We'll see in 2020.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
I'm just tired of noticing a pattern. Depending on the races, it's either a top story for weeks/months, or it gets memory holed after a day.
Keep on mind this thread wasn't created out of any want for justice. This was nobody important hoping it would turn into a cudgel for his "all Trump voters are racist" beliefs. That it exploded in his face is funny, but not really a good litmus for how most threads here are created.

This is a troll thread that backfired

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Make a thread about it then? I don’t think there is an agenda. There used to be though, and the intersectionalists want there to still be one, but this is a good example of them getting btfo.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
Q
The smart folks (like myself) are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the truth to come out. We don't want it to go any particular way, just that the ultimate truth comes out and is reported fairly.
I'll be honest, I 'want' it to go a particular way. Why? Because I think it's better for our nation, and for race relations in general, for Americans to realize we can actually coexist peacefully together. That there aren't roving bands of maga hat wearing racists beating gay black people simply for existing. That isnt to say racists dont exist- clearly some do. Smollet may very well be a prime example.

But I'd much rather live in a world where this is a hoax. Where he wasn't beaten for who he is. Where his story might remind people to take pause before believing every accusation. Where we wait for actual evidence before grabbing pitchforks. Where people might remember things aren't nearly as bad as some want us to believe. Where wearing a hat or supporting the president isnt viewed as some racist act. The world in which people insist this must be true is actually worse then the world in which this is a hoax, which makes me wonder why some people want this to be real so bad.

Obviously, people should wait until the evidence is in. Personally, I waited quite a while before I posted this thread for that very reason. But at this point the answer is fairly clear. Not 100% clear, but.... yeah, it's not looking good for smollett. And that's a good thing.

It's just a shame that so little "official" information is coming out and it is doing so at such a slow pace. Might as well speculate and have fun with it instead of pretending it doesn't exist for weeks at a time. Besides, if this is confirmed to never have happened, very few people will be left talking about it at that point anyway.

The only way this gets a lot of coverage and interest from here on is if it's proven that it really did happen. Then all the mainstream news sites can feel safe reporting on it and the "I told you so! Everyone is so racist they wouldn't believe his story" narrative will be in full force.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I'm saying there is 0% chance this story is anything but made up. Speaking to that, I haven't noticed any threads about the 5 black teens who robbed and murdered a white musician in Nashville. But I'm sure it never being talked about here was just an accident.
This is a small politics board attached to a gaming forum. We aren't going to cover every act of violence carried out through the world. We have a thread for Smollett because it made national news due to him being a celebrity, and the details in the story are interesting/questionable.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
I wonder if this ever goes any farther. I think everyone involved is just going to slowly let it fade away into obscurity. I doubt the CPD ever charge him for false allegations.

Most likely they will just say they can't find the perps and let it die in the wind and the media will forget all about it. SJW's/Leftis/REEEEEE's will still point to it as proof of those racist MAGA hatters, like the disproven Covington issue.

Each time the thread is updated I come in to see if the truth of this story will come out, but we don't see any closer to hoax or truth than we were a week ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I'm saying there is 0% chance this story is anything but made up. Speaking to that, I haven't noticed any threads about the 5 black teens who robbed and murdered a white musician in Nashville. But I'm sure it never being talked about here was just an accident.
There is no thread like that because it would not fit Nobody Important's agenda and he would not be able to use it as a weapon against conservatives/white-people/others he deeply hate.

Jun 20, 2018
Speaking to that, I haven't noticed any threads about the 5 black teens who robbed and murdered a white musician in Nashville. But I'm sure it never being talked about here was just an accident.
I get where you are coming from, the media certainly doesn't make big news stories out of crimes against people who happened to have white skin color by a perceived victim group even violent crime like murder, rape and torture and hell they dont even report crimes in ghettos that have in two or three weekends about the same victim number than your average quarterly shooting that gets covered non stop in the media for a month.
But thats not the case in here, this forum isnt the shit mainstream media or reddit downvoting anything that threatens far left fantasy land.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
But I'd much rather live in a world where this is a hoax. Where he wasn't beaten for who he is. Where his story might remind people to take pause before believing every accusation. Where we wait for actual evidence before grabbing pitchforks. Where people might remember things aren't nearly as bad as some want us to believe. Where wearing a hat or supporting the president isnt viewed as some racist act. The world in which people insist this must be true is actually worse then the world in which this is a hoax, which makes me wonder why some people want this to be real so bad.
Exactly. I want this to be a hoax because the America I want to live in DOESN'T have roving bands of gay bashing minority hating MAGA hat wearing thugs.

I also want this to be a hoax because there is no freude like schadenfreude and the tears will be delicious when he comes out to apologize or goes to jail for making false statements.

May 19, 2010
There's like less than 300 people here on a daily basis, it's not exactly the most up-to-the-minute place for news. If you're so concerned about that musician, why don't you ask someone to make a thread about it? Triggered again, lol

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
There's like less than 300 people here on a daily basis, it's not exactly the most up-to-the-minute place for news. If you're so concerned about that musician, why don't you ask someone to make a thread about it? Triggered again, lol
whats with this recent attempt by liberals here to co-opt the term triggered?

Also, the irony to say that in this thread is just....delicious

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
whats with this recent attempt toby liberals here co-opt the term triggered?

Also, the irony to say that in this thread is just....delicious
New subroutine? I believe the blackface, rape accusation, infanticide, and anti-semitism subroutines also recieved last minute patches. This was all rushed though due to the so called 'cow fart virus' that took them down for a day. Honestly, I can't keep up and then they took the patch notes down after accidentally posting them, then taking them down, then accusing the Republicans of forging them, and then finally admitting they were legit but that they were just a conversation starter.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2015
Finland
whats with this recent attempt by liberals here to co-opt the term triggered?
This happens with all of the buzzwords aimed to insult the other side.
Happened with snowflake too ("lol, they are the real snowflakes").
I called it to happen with NPC too and only a few days after I saw someone from the left call someone from the right NPC.
And while the right doesn't call the left nazis they are already calling them fascists.

That's one of the reasons I'm not into these types of "insult" words as they really don't mean much and can often be used by both sides arguing.

Mar 3, 2014
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-smollett-update-20190211-story.html

Chicago police on Monday confirmed that representatives for “Empire” actor Jussie Smolletthad turned over phone records nearly two weeks after he reported being assaulted by two strangers near his Streeterville apartment.

But a spokesman for police Superintendent Eddie Johnson by late evening said that the records “are not sufficient and do not meet the burden of a criminal investigation,” and that police may require more assistance from the actor.

The New York Post’s “Page Six” column first reportedthat phone records for Smollett and his manager, whom he told authorities he was speaking with during the attack, were turned over to Johnson’s chief of staff on Monday.

Investigators had sought Smollett’s phone records since shortly after he reported the attack Jan. 29 in the 300 block of East North Water Street.

But police described Smollett’s phone records as a heavily redacted document file and his manager’s records as a screenshot of phone calls that provide limited information to investigators. Chief police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said police were “appreciative” of Smollett’s cooperation in providing the records but said detectives will likely need additional data from Smollett to crack the case.

A representative for Smollett wasn’t immediately available for comment.
*sigh* Jussie, Jussie, Jussie. Nice try, kid.

Oct 24, 2017
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Hey dear Journalist It would be nice to be able to read your articles but since you guys are not dsgvo confirm i can not visit your sites anymore...

Aß for the case. I can not See him being Attacke anymore. IT either a date gone wrong or some shitty PR since IT is now Black history month
Look at the Kamala Harris connection