• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enchanted Portals - The Cuphead clone, that isn't a Cuphead clone, that is totally a Cuphead clone

Stuart360

Its almsot like a 2D asset flip lol. The backgrounds dont seem as good quality as the characters, and dont match up well like Cuphead.
I think its fine to take inspiration from a game, even heavy inspiration, but this almost looks like the same game, just worse.

brap

Banned
OMG DOGE THIS IS SO EPIC!!!
QuBv4at.jpg

The human characters look awful.

wondermega

I mean it's obviously a money grab. That being said it looks like a good effort, and good business sense - it will do quite well. Expect a bunch of other (lower quality) knock-offs to follow..

Sentenza

Well, it's a blatant clone, there's no denying that.
But nothing boarding copyright infringement and there seems to be a genuine amount of effort behind.

Can't say I have any issue with this.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
I wonder if the devs of Cuphead would have a legitimate claim if they accused them of copying, it’s not 100% accurate but a lot of it is striking similar just not as good quality.

Frankly, it is a clone of a sorts... But then again, that was the case with all the Doom clones that appeared back in the day too. Once there is enough clones, it is no longer cloning but become a genre by itself. Hence, Doom Clones become "First Person Shooters".

Is this that new Cuphead ROM hack I heard about in the annals of my asshole?

Oh....

Well, is it free?

....ooooooh

...and a Kickstarter at that. Youch!

Welp, best of luck to these lads. They better lawyer the fuck up tho.

Top Bottom