• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Endless Ocean 2 announced (in the most sneaky manner)

kizmah

I think this sneak announcement of the year deserves it's own thread. Endless Ocean 2 was shown as a brief 5 seconds long clip an the Nintendo Oct 2 Conference.

Check the reel here. Look for EO2 at the 3:15 mark.
>> http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40713.html

Youtube version.
>> http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1_9eqUNtg

Jump over to the official thread of the first game, complete with beautiful pics from Tab0203.
>> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204226

How could you not crave a sequal to this (thanks to Tab0203):
6ntgmrt.jpg

6twr8t1.jpg

6pg3sra.jpg

8c301af.jpg

Coming 2009. FUCK YES!

Dascu

Let's stop talking about the whining and let's start talking about the awesome new Endless Ocean featuring more Penguins.

farnham

Banned
VideoMan said:
EO2.jpg

Fantastic news.

I wonder if EGM will refuse to review this one too.
why the hell did they refuse to review this

shane bettenhausen was all over the PS3 version (Aquanaut holiday or something)

hirokazu

Wii said:
Please don't suck like Endless Ocean 1 :(
I have zero hope for this. And Cosmic Walker looks like it's the same engine, same thing, but in outer space instead of underwater. Because space is totally just like underwater, right?

That's why I have little hope for Cosmic Walker also.

Kuran

Banned
I forgot that EGM refused to review the first one.. damn. Unforgivable.

I hope they'll enjoy not reviewing the second one!

farnham

Banned
Wii said:
Please don't suck like Endless Ocean 1 :(
what the hell

hirokazu said:
I have zero hope for this. And Cosmic Walker looks like it's the same engine, same thing, but in outer space instead of underwater. Because space is totally just like underwater, right?

wat?

EmCeeGramr said:
Improvements I hope to see-
-more effort and creative solutions for catalouging wildlife
-less fog
-interspecies interaction
-expand on the photography gameplay and add slightly more complexity to the "other stuff" you did in the first game.

Im extremely happy that despite the poor performance of the first outing Arika is getting a second shot at a userbase that has exploded.

well the first one did not sell that badly

it is quite popular in europe and the sales in the US was called a success by the 1up yours crew... In Japan it did better then previous Arika titles

For the Improvements

well a better mp3 integration please.. and better navigation

-less fog
-expand on the photography gameplay and add slightly more complexity to the "other stuff" you did in the first game.

Im extremely happy that despite the poor performance of the first outing Arika is getting a second shot at a userbase that has exploded.

hirokazu

farnham said:
what the hell

wat?
What? Some of you love it to death, I know, but Endless Ocean sucks big time. That is my opinion.

My impression of Cosmic Walker is from what I gather from the video footage, I have not read any details about it, so it's my early speculation.

hirokazu said:
What? Some of you love it to death, I know, but Endless Ocean sucks big time. That is my opinion.

My impression of Cosmic Walker is from what I gather from the video footage, I have not read any details about it, so it's my early speculation.

Generally I dont participate in threads for games I didnt like. I think of it as trolling or attention whoring.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Also anyone who doesn't like Endless Ocean has no heart.

I wonder what differences we will see compared to the first EO, gameplay wise. Hopefully we'll get a nice, long and partially exciting story this time, I just loved the you-know-which-one-part of EO1.

NotWii

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I was really hyped for Endless Ocean, and I bought it.
But it is pretty damn boring, especially when all you want to do is jump straight into the deep sea night diving.

That and the load times and horrible 3D humans kill me, Endless Ocean had a lot of potential, but EUGRH

hirokazu said:

I got a similar vibe, but I think Cosmic Walker will have you doing more interesting things.

NotWii

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
-less fog

THIS!

Also I wish they'd let you jump into the deep sea diving right away or gave you a seadoo

kizmah

EmCeeGramr said:
-expand on the photography gameplay

Yes please. Make photography a bigger part of the game. And let me post the photos on Wii Message Board so I can send them to my friends who don't have the game.

Did anyone care all that much for the humans? The diver animated well enough imo and the hub/boat stuff was just an elaborate menu. The on-board-animations did give me a laugh though when I first saw them :lol .

kizmah

Phife Dawg said:
Did anyone care all that much for the humans?

Well no, not really. But better looking humans this time around to me signals better effort overall and that is always welcome.

hamzik said:
Well no, not really. But better looking humans this time around to me signals better effort overall and that is always welcome.
Sure, but tbh I'd rather have them concentrate their whole effort on the diving part and just make a menu and drive the story through stills. But that's just me.

hirokazu

EmCeeGramr said:
Generally I dont participate in threads for games I didnt like. I think of it as trolling or attention whoring.
I bought the fucking game, because everyone was raving on it and it did look pretty cool. I played it for a bit, and I hated it. I said this in the previous official thread and asked if there was anything that I hadn't experienced in my 2 hours of play that would redeem it, but no one replied.

I tried to like it, you know, because aside from the shitty people and bad on-deck animation, it looked pretty cool. My biggest issue was that there almost almost no variety in ways to interact with the animals, yet you had to interaction in order to get their data and add them to your log book. Too damn repetitive.

So my conclusion was that the game is utter shit, and I didn't check back in that thread after that. I respect your opinion, good sir, but I don't agree with it and I think I'm entitled to hold my judgement. I was merely replying to someone whom I had mentioned this to previously that I don't have my hopes up like they do, and then adding that I thought Cosmic Walker seemed very similar.

If that comes across to you as trolling, then sorry, I will refrain from further comment.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you didn't like Endless Ocean, you won't like this. This might be Endless Ocean 2, but it's not the second game in the series; Everblue 1 and 2 for the PS2 precede Endless Ocean. I'm sure this will contain some big improvements (hopefully better mp3 support, better above-ground graphics, bigger areas) but it'll still be the same core game and if you don't like it you don't like it.

Scrubking

2906576779_96296322d3_o.gif

YES!!

I thought this game would never see a sequel. Glad I was wrong!

Things I would like to see:

- Ability to share pics with others and store on SD card
- 2X animals
- More realistic animal behavior
- Better SD card music playback
- More varied jobs
- More stuff to unlock
- Lots of hidden, secret areas
- Better camera stability, control
- More animal interaction
- Better, more varied animations

- Less Fog
Um, thats what the ocean really looks like.

why the hell did EGM refuse to review this
Because they are a bunch of fucking idiots who were apparently butt hurt by the Wii and its games

I'd also like to add that, contrary to popular belief the first game did not use all of the Wii's capability. The game can look a whole lot better, but its a budget title so don't expect it to.

VAIL

Capndrake said:
Humans look much better this time.

Which is a very good thing, going up on the ship was a distraction the first time around.

A great day for Wii owners.

Nocebo

hirokazu said:

Cosmic walker is a shooter. What are you on?

Top Bottom