• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies You Felt Bad For Killing

I've been playing Halo: Master Chief Collection, and I always feel guilty killing the grunts as they'd be running around helplessly. It's funny, but sad. Very sad.
I might as well mention some of the obvious:

Grunt from Halo
zjxtsxs.jpg

Sif The Great Grey Wolf from Dark Souls
gSAeaB0.jpg

Maiden Astraea and her bodyguard Garl Vinland from Demons Souls
VWXarMY.jpg

Every Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus
NBjo27m.jpg

The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3
OC2FHXa.jpg

From the countless games I've played, these are the only ones that pop into my head. Do you guys know of any other?

Last edited:

Jeeves

Symphony of the Night has an enemy type that's a falconer or something. He sends his bird after you and if you kill the bird first he'll kneel where it died and mourn for his lost companion (which also makes for a great window to kill him).

Didn't stop me from doing what I needed to do but I wasn't feeling great about it.

sainraja

I think the only I remember that had this kind of effect on me is Shadow of the Colossus and this was at a time I would finish any game I would get but I just couldn't do it. I told my friend this and he played through that without much of an issue but he did mention that it's not easy.

TLOU2.

The third half of the game while playing as Abby made killing your enemies feel a little hard because of the story beat.

And the ending "battle" which to me was because great because leading up to it even I was tired of the violence and death and so that really made me reluctant to participate in what was asked of me towards the very end.

Personally, a great game to me that I will never touch again because I'm not a masochist.

Maiden Astraea and her bodyguard Garl Vinland from Demons Souls
VWXarMY.jpg

From the countless games I've played, these are the only ones that pop into my head. Do you guys know of any other?
She had it coming... so many knight bodies in a pool of plagued blood. I made sure to double tap that evil cunt after her corporeal body was gone. King Allant on the other hand did bring out pity feelings.

Helios in God of War 3.... shieeet. Makes me think about it... God of War series had some brutal kills you just reflect upon after being done. Kratos is a fucking savage.

Shadow of the Colossus giants - too many to count.

I didn't want to do it either in the end. Worked out well for me.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Shadow of the Colossus the thread (although some of them Colossi were so annoying i was a bit too glad to put them out of their misery :p).

And of course the most typical answer in these type of threads Maiden Astrea and Garl Vinland...

When I see NPCs camping in RDR2 I always go and say hi to them. 99% of them are rude and tell me to leave, then they threaten me with weapon so I have to kill them. I feel bad about it. I only wanted to hang out by the fire.
“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.” ― T.S. Eliot.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

AJUMP23

The colossi is SotC.

there were several in the Dark Souls series. Especially after watt the Vidyaa videos.

joke answer: HITLER look alike in Bionic commando.

Top Bottom