• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies You Felt Bad For Killing

AMV

Neo Member
THE BOSS - MGS3

hMsb8XH.jpg

fart town usa

Gold Member
That game had one of the most cheesiest hometown music ever. Since you don't have the option to mute it, it grows on you!

I mean, just listen to this:

YEE-UH! UHH UHH! :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

The song is a slow burn. 1:17 is when the song hits it's stride and then it becomes awesome. I actually like that one quite a bit.

The New LA music that kind of irrigates me is the stuff that plays around Armory Alley (OOOOOOOO ba ba de, ba de do do do ba de do doo doo daaaa....I can't hear you....I can't see you....) That song can be a bit too much at times, lol.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
None.

I'm a complete genocidal maniac in games. If it can be killed, then it's getting killed, regardless if they're enemies or not. I don't care if they're harmless animals or friendly NPCs. They all die.

Death comes to all.

Barnabot

none. i've actually commited war crimes while being a mercenary fighter plane pilot in vidya games. do you honestly think i'd think twice before getting that additional score for shooting down some civilian factories?

Really the ultimate example of this. Shame a lot of people didn’t play it because of the muscly lady lol.

Honestly, I dont blame anyone who didnt play the game after the leaks.

I spoiled myself in the leaks, I indulged in it, I too wanted to boycott the game at the start.

But I refused to not play the game and not at the least experience it for myself from a developer that hasn't failed me just yet.

I love the game, but the criticisms are valid because the game itself heavily relies on what a person may feel while playing the game.

Me and you may have felt what the developers wanted to achieve by the end of it, but humans are different enough from one another to not share the exact emotion we may have felt.

The controversy surround the game was to be honest, asked for.

Good or bad from the outcome of such a gamble, we can only judge how the following games will be.

dyergram

Honestly, I dont blame anyone who didnt play the game after the leaks.

I spoiled myself in the leaks, I indulged in it, I too wanted to boycott the game at the start.

But I refused to not play the game and not at the least experience it for myself from a developer that hasn't failed me just yet.

I love the game, but the criticisms are valid because the game itself heavily relies on what a person may feel while playing the game.

Me and you may have felt what the developers wanted to achieve by the end of it, but humans are different enough from one another to not share the exact emotion we may have felt.

The controversy surround the game was to be honest, asked for.

Good or bad from the outcome of such a gamble, we can only judge how the following games will be.
I mean they knew what they were doing with the way they treated Joel and it’s hard to not think they were pandering making you play the game as a ‘strong woman’ and the trans character nd definately made their own bed so to speak.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
none. there are there to be killed. i have no regrets and will kill them again over and over again.

"iTs JuSt PiXeLs!!!"

Last edited:
The song is a slow burn. 1:17 is when the song hits it's stride and then it becomes awesome. I actually like that one quite a bit.

The New LA music that kind of irrigates me is the stuff that plays around Armory Alley (OOOOOOOO ba ba de, ba de do do do ba de do doo doo daaaa....I can't hear you....I can't see you....) That song can be a bit too much at times, lol.

You mean this? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

FeldMonster

Sesa 'Refumee (Halo 2)

In addition to looking awesome, flying around with a jet pack, and having a powerful, distinctive voice (courtesy of the late, great Miguel Ferrer), he WAS RIGHT! Pity the Arbiter was blind, perhaps even dumbstruck by the lies of the Prophets until it was too late.

I hate having to fight him, as I want him to win.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Half the Dark Souls bosses are good people who don't deserve me running through them.

Unfortunately for them, the devs gave them an arena and life bar.

Banned
every type of cat. i love cats, and I love basically every type of cat...

Ubisoft open world games are really bad in that regard since their wildlife is unrealistically hostile towards you.

on one hand they want to be "realistic" and grounded, but on the other hand EVERY FUCKING MOUNTAIN LION OR EVEN DEER IS OUT TO KILL YOU ON SIGHT!

I kid you not, the first thing that killed me in AC Valhalla was a fucking deer! I climbed up a hill, turned the camera to the right and up comes a deer that insta kills me.

stop it Ubisoft!

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Half the Dark Souls bosses are good people who don't deserve me running through them.

Unfortunately for them, the devs gave them an arena and life bar.
tbf if you didn't know their story reading they would just be random monsters 🤭 except maybe that giant puppy 🐕

Last edited:

Arachnid

tbf if you didn't know their story reading they would just be random monsters 🤭 except maybe that giant puppy 🐕
Yeah that's true, but I always go out of my way to learn the bosses lore right after my first encounter with them. I like understanding the world and the opponents nature in these games since the lore is so good

Matt_Fox

When I see NPCs camping in RDR2 I always go and say hi to them. 99% of them are rude and tell me to leave, then they threaten me with weapon so I have to kill them. I feel bad about it. I only wanted to hang out by the fire.

Early in RDR2 some friendly chap beside a trail invited me to a bird shooting contest, and the controls were so unfamiliar and janky that I literally blew his head off.

Now I know how Dick Cheney felt, it was monstrous.

I don't know what to say, OP. Great topic, but I think you hit on every major character I had thought of before I opened the thread.

Shadow of the colossus' whole plot was about how gray your decisions are throughout the entire game, right?

Last edited:

Luc2010

When I was young and played Super Castlevania IV. I found a secret room with a ghost and his dog. When you killed the dog. The ghost would cry and then eventually disappear. This always made me a little sad. Below is a short video of the part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom