• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. Its used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's tenth birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

i'd buy it tbh

jem0208

FUCK ME.

Day 1.

Edit: Apparently Day zero is a thing, sign me up.

Edit 2: Argh! I'm so excited! This better be true. The fact that this backs up ntkrnl's claim makes me so happy :3

A7Lx0Be.gif

Reach is garbage, Good riddance.

Now bring on Halo 2 Anniversary and tell me its multiplayer is 1:1 with OG Halo 2. Whisper it into my ear, all sexy like.

If they actually put effort into these HD ports, I'm fucking in day 1, will buy an Xbone for this.

This had also better include Halo: CE Anniversary, I've already played through Halo 1 a million times, but never played Halo CEA

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fRmMH1k.jpg

If they could get the remaster of 1 and 2 and the re-render of 3 and 4 on there for $60, that's a phenomenal deal.

MarkusRJR

Halo: CE will be the anniversary version or the OG Xbox version? I'd kill for anniversary CE, anniversary 2, 1080p 3, and 1080p 4.

WJD

Oh god yes please. Is asking for Halo 2 and 3 to be remastered with the Halo 5 engine a bit cheeky?

Just don't touch that multiplayer!

Top Bottom