• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enlightened Season 2 |OT| Even agents of change get cancelled sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Orange is a little too high, but so is this season of Mad Men.

The only shows on that list I haven't watched are Top of the Lake, Southland, and The Good Wife.

Top of the Lake is so overrated. Show started downhill after like episode 3 and kept spiraling. Ending was shit too.

I feel like rewatching this show now. It stings that Girls is coming back in a few weeks.

anaron

"Television seems, gradually, to be getting this message by designing episodes that will be GIF-able and meme-able."

lol! but you can't fault Enlightened for having naturally amazing GIF-able moments.:p

The argument is aimed at shows that are deliberate and so obvious about the way they construct scenes to catch on in those ways and that thankfully never really applied to this show.

Netflix needs to pick this series up. If this show is so worthless and expendable, then HBO should have no problem cutting it loose. It sucks that this show gets shafted and yet Lena Dunham's ample ass gets renewed for another year. Also, has HBO released season 2 on bluray? It just seems like such a slight even more if they've opted not to release it on bluray if this is the case?

nilbog21

Banned
Holy shit I am so late to this party but I just randomly started this show while browsing the Amazon prime selection and it is absolutely brilliant on so many levels. Pure genius really.. I absolutely hate every character on this show, especially Krista holy shit her face makes me want to beat it with a shovel, yet I'm madly in love with this show and everyone on it. Just hilarious, and smart. It contains so much truths about the human condition. I just finished season 1 and looking forward to season 2. So many times I have found myself laughing out loud so heartily I can't remember the last time I have done so during an American tv show..

I realize it's partly fault that it didn't get renewed but I can't really be blamed for never having heard about it from the media. All I hear in the media is praising of garbage shows like mad Men, bobs burgers, orange is the new black, etc..

inm8num2

Holy shit I am so late to this party but I just randomly started this show while browsing the Amazon prime selection and it is absolutely brilliant on so many levels. Pure genius really.. I absolutely hate every character on this show, especially Krista holy shit her face makes me want to beat it with a shovel, yet I'm madly in love with this show and everyone on it. Just hilarious, and smart. It contains so much truths about the human condition. I just finished season 1 and looking forward to season 2. So many times I have found myself laughing out loud so heartily I can't remember the last time I have done so during an American tv show..

I realize it's partly fault that it didn't get renewed but I can't really be blamed for never having heard about it from the media. All I hear in the media is praising of garbage shows like mad Men, bobs burgers, orange is the new black, etc..

Welcome! :)

Season 2 is really great - if you're already high on season 1 you're going to love it. I miss the show dearly, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy the ride with everyone in this thread.

Season 2 is even better. It's a damn shame the show never got a footing but the two seasons are some of the best in history.

Maengun1

All I hear in the media is praising of garbage shows like mad Men, bobs burgers, orange is the new black, etc..

Well damn, I was with you 100% until this. Mad Men and Bob's Burgers are both probably in my top 10 shows along with Enlightened (OITNB is also good). Not sure if trolling.

Enlightened is the most unique piece of television I think I've ever seen, though.

Bladenic

Well damn, I was with you 100% until this. Mad Men and Bob's Burgers are both probably in my top 10 shows along with Enlightened (OITNB is also good). Not sure if trolling.

Enlightened is the most unique piece of television I think I've ever seen, though.

Sneaky devil kept us reading till the end, and now we can't even say "stopped reading at"
Also seeing this thread bumped made me think it was getting resurrected somehow :(

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
^ Or maybe a movie like they did with Hello Ladies.

It is amazing and a half, but the shows you listed are not garbage (well, maybe just orange at times).

I wish the series would be revived somehow. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I recently rewatched this show with my housemates. Just a fucking treasure, through and through.

anaron

Crying inside thinking this was a Christmas gift announcement of a S3-like continuation

Happy people are still finding it though :)

Empty

seeing new people enjoying and appreciating this show is a nice christmas present :)

it deserves to be returned to and re-discovered for years to come, where it matters how many seasons it got about as much as how many pages your fav book is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom