• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West maybe getting a re-release

According to VGA 247

The Australian Classification Board posted an entry for something called Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition yesterday.

The details match exactly with that of the original release of the game, with Ninja Theory as developer; Namco Bandai as publisher; a multi-platform release (the original appeared on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360); and an M rating for science fiction violence.

Source

===============

Personally I loved Enslaved story, it was something special, I enjoyed the game over all and wished to see a sequel.

If this is true, maybe Namco Bandai is considering a sequel ?!

Ein Bear

Enslaved was a fantastic game, but felt incredibly constrained by the hardware it was running on. I would love a next-gen/PC release, where it could really shine.

Odrion

Banned
Could they be reselling it with the whole "The same game director made The Last of Us?" as a marketing premise?

morpix

This game ran like total ass on the PS3. Kinda ruined it for me. I'll double-dip for a PC or PS4 version.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The game is fantastic when you're not playing it(the acting,cut scenes), unfortunately it's terrible once you take control of it.

Why. Such a terrible game. And I like to give games a fair shot, this was so bad I fell asleep.

edit: Unpopular opinion - Heavenly Sword was better than this trash

Enslaved was a fantastic game, but felt incredibly constrained by the hardware it was running on. I would love a next-gen/PC release, where it could really shine.

Pretty random game to get a next-gen port, since it didn't come out even remotely close to the end of the current-gen life cycle, but if it did find its way to the PS4 for whatever reason then I'd snap up a copy.

It was more constrained by shitty game mechanics and laggy as fuck controls than anything else, better hardware is not going to make up for that.

The difference in quality between Enslaved and DmC is astounding and showed that Ninja Theory can make a really good game if they've got someone looking over their shoulder.

Unfortunately they didn't have that for Enslaved.

Woah wait M rating? Wasn't the original rated T?

Story says Australian classification board. We don't have a T rating here.

Oemenia

Banned
Such an excellent game and so overlooked here on GAF because it's done by Ninja Theory. The breathtaking visuals, rythmic and brutal combat and the solid writing made the whole experience a joy.

If I see Tameem on the street, I'll give him a kiss!

shink

I have this game but have never put it in my PS3. Sounds like it's a decent game so I'll give it a try when I have time.

Miker

Dull combat and equally dull platforming actually didn't stop me from enjoying this one quite a bit. I liked the vistas, the story, the virtual acting, the voice acting, and even the ending.

Loved this game, would love a PC release even more. Never expected this to get a re-release. It really should do it's underrated.

ramb0211

Banned
Could they be reselling it with the whole "The same game director made The Last of Us?" as a marketing premise?

I thought Enslaved was much more enjoyable gameplay wise with a better story, characters, and performances. Definitely deserves to be remembered.

V_Ben

Banned
Great game, a PC version would certainly improve upon the console versions in a major way. Didn't run great on either platform.

FlyFaster

loved this game so much. Both Trip and Monkey were great characters and the ending was excellent.

Always had hope that a sequel would come out sometime, would love to spend more time w/ both of them.

JohngPR

Would LOVE a PC version. It was a flawed game but still enjoyed it quite a bit. Would love to see it in 1080p/60FPS`

Oemenia

Banned
I thought Enslaved was much more enjoyable gameplay wise with a better story, characters, and performances. Definitely deserves to be remembered.
I remember NT saying that it only need a million or so to break-even but ended up doing about 860k. If Namco just promoted the thing a little bit it could've been quite a success since its basically the melee version of Uncharted (only it's better).
Would LOVE a PC version. It was a flawed game but still enjoyed it quite a bit. Would love to see it in 1080p/60FPS`
The input lag wasn't as much of an issue as it was in Heavenly Sword but it still made the exploration a bit cumbersome. Sonic Generations is another game that really benefits from running at a smooth 60 FPS on PC.

Uthred

Game was mediocre at best, the ruined city locales were the best but you didnt spend long enough in them, there were tons of pointless time wasting sections but worst of all the story was just so damn dull and its "twist" predictable and uninspired.

Minions

I liked the game, was hoping for a sequel. Having paid $10 for the first, I'd actually pay $30 if a sequel came out. (which is more than 80% of the games I purchase)

Top Bottom