• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Release Date; Oct 5th in NA

FrankT

Namco Bandai Games is pleased to announce today the release date of Ninja Theory’s Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Developed by the creators of Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West will be coming to North America this October 5th on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

“Developed by Ninja Theory Ltd., ENSLAVED takes players on a gripping, surprise-filled journey as two dissimilar characters form an uneasy union in order to survive their way through a perilous, post-apocalyptic America. In ENSLAVED, players take on the role of Monkey, a strong and athletic, yet solitary figure, who has been captured by one of the mysteri­ous slave ships, which harvest the remaining population and take them out west never to return. Trip, a technologically savvy young woman who has also been imprisoned by the same ship, manages to escape. She quickly realizes that Monkey, with his raw strength and power, is her only hope to survive the perilous journey back to her home. She hacks into a slave headband and fits it on Monkey, linking them together – if she dies, he dies… Her journey has now become his and Monkey must now travel west alongside Trip as they traverse a demolished world, under constant threat of capture and mortal peril.”

http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/07/09/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-released-date-pinned-down/

October 8th in Europe;

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39940/Enslaved-gets-Euro-date

2vtnoxv.jpg
smpt36.jpg

23mmwxi.jpg
2llm0c5.jpg

More;

http://scrawlfx.com/gallery/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west/july-9-2010/

Pooya

Dead Rising 2
Enslaved
Fallout New Vegas
FIFA
Vanquish

all coming out in October, I expect another 'May' month of bombs.

FrankT

miladesn said:
Enslaved
Dead Rising 2
Enslaved
Fallout New Vegas
FIFA
Vanquish

Enslaved twice, but yea. Fable 3 as well. If Castlevania hits in October as well my wallet is going to get rocked.

I see an E. Odyssey, I get excited, I leave somewhat disappointed.

Ah well, I liked Heavenly Sword well enough, I'll probably give this a try as long as I can find a reasonable price on it.

Seventy5

KZObsessed said:
I think this game looks excellent.
I agree, but it makes me hate current gen pricing. Dunno if I'll pick it up for $60, but I probably would have bought it last gen at $40-$50 without too much thought. I really think a lot of games would do much better if they came out at a $40 or $50 price point. I doubt this game had the budget of a Bad Company 2 or RDR (or replay/longevity), so why shoot yourself in the foot and price it that way out of the gate when sales are so front loaded?

FrankT

hxa155 said:
I'm keeping an eye on this.

Yup, same here. This is very close to potential buy for me. Just want to see lots more of it. Which reminds me hey Namco/Ninja Theory can we get some vids of this thing on the MP already. There are none.

Seventy5 said:
I agree, but it makes me hate current gen pricing. Dunno if I'll pick it up for $60, but I probably would have bought it last gen at $40-$50 without too much thought. I really think a lot of games would do much better if they came out at a $40 or $50 price point. I doubt this game had the budget of a Bad Company 2 or RDR (or replay/longevity), so why shoot yourself in the foot and price it that way out of the gate when sales are so front loaded?

Money. If you drop the price by a third you have to sell 1.5 times the amount of games at 40. Do you think dropping the price will result in that many more sales?

Add on inventory costs, shipments, etc. and you have to sell more than 1.5 times the amount you sell at 60 bucks to get the same amount of profit.

Or they could limit the scope/cost of the game to target the $40 price point.

Seventy5

Da1nonly J said:
Money. If you drop the price by a third you have to sell 1.5 times the amount of games at 40. Do you think dropping the price will result in that many more sales?

Add on inventory costs, shipments, etc. and you have to sell more than 1.5 times the amount you sell at 60 bucks to get the same amount of profit.

Or they could limit the scope/cost of the game to target the $40 price point.
Well, yes I think that dropping the price would result in quite a bit more sales, and I think that the scope/cost is lower than other games that are huge successes at $60. It just seems to me that every publisher is waiting for that CoD effect with their games, and I think we've seen way too many games this gen that have put the publishers or developers out of business to continue that model. NFL2k dropped their price to $20 last gen and had a huge increase in sales. I know that's not feasible this gen, but $40 or $50 for a brand new game looks a lot more attractive on the new release wall than a similar game at $60, especially if the game doesn't have online multiplayer or some reason to continue to play after the 6-10 hour campaign is done.

I honestly don't know for sure if it would work, but I wish someone would try it. Not every car is a Lexus and not every game is Uncharted 2, so why not exploit the range in between? Wii has shown that TONS of software can be moved at a lower price.

miladesn said:
Dead Rising 2
Enslaved
Fallout New Vegas
FIFA
Vanquish
Fable
Pro Evolution Soccer ( 22 oct in Europe)
Medal of Honor
Star Wars Force Unleashed ( 26 oct)

Fixed

with more games :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks like it might be good, I never played Heavenly Sword but what I've seen of this looks intriguing. Aside from Vanquish and maybe DR2, there aren't any October games I'm into so this has a chance.

slider

Heh, I was always ready to give this a shot (mainly based on HS' production values and story). Glad to see there's a bit of a positive buzz around it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This game is so similar to PoP 2008 (especially the girl's attitude and background). I like the visual style.

Top Bottom