• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enterbrain boss: Nintendo might announce a new DS model at E3 '08

F#A#Oo

Banned
I love you Nintendo but...I hate your philosophy of continually changing your handhelds every couple/few of years...

I'll probably buy it even if it just makes the screen brighter or something stupid like that...

ckeur

nightside said:
nintendo DS liter?

Well, there were rumors about removing GBA support, which would make it ... liter, as you put it. If this is true, very excited I would be. I don't have a DS yet, but would definitely like one. Just a PSP at the moment.

Davidion

DS air

/thread

F#A#Oo said:
I love you Nintendo but...I hate your philosophy of continually changing your handhelds every couple/few of years...

I'll probably buy it even if it just makes the screen brighter or something stupid like that...

That's more like...everyone.

I certainly wasn't expecting an announcement so early. But it makes sense. We got the GBA in 2000 and the DS in 2004, correct?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GBA support removed? I don't think so.

Given that their media conference just hyped Guitar Hero On Tour as a major summer third-party release, I don't think they're going to fucking knife it by making it incompatible with a new product they'll be hyping.

AniHawk

evilromero said:
I certainly wasn't expecting an announcement so early. But it makes sense. We got the GBA in 2000 and the DS in 2004, correct?

GBA- 2001
GBA SP - 2003
GBA micro - 2005

DS - 2004
DS Lite - 2006
DSNES - 2008

Nickovic

ckeur said:
Well, there were rumors about removing GBA support, which would make it ... liter, as you put it. If this is true, very excited I would be. I don't have a DS yet, but would definitely like one. Just a PSP at the moment.

Guitar hero and the browser all say no. They would keep the GBA slot.

AdamBot

The only reason for these "redesigns" is to put old hardware into a new plastic shell to avoid having to drop the price.

Day 1 purchase! :}

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
How well did the Micro do? I always think of the SP as the definitive GBA, Micro didn't really meet a need for me...cant see me feeling differently about a 3rd DS iteration unless they make changes more significant that just slimming it down.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
evilromero said:

I don't think it's a new platform just yet..

AniHawk

Ghost said:
How well did the Micro do? I always think of the SP as the definitive GBA...cant see me feeling differently about a 3rd DS iteration unless they make changes more significant that just slimming it down.

Micro was a huge bomb. They wrote it off as a holiday-only thing, but I think they wanted to drag it out for a good long while as their cheap alternative to the DS. I think it was half price a year after it was released.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll bite if it's compatible with my CycloDS Evolution. I'm enjoying having all my games in one tiny cart way too much to give that up for a smaller DS.

I'm happy with my DS Lite, unless they show something new that makes me unhappy with my DS Lite, because most of the time, that's always what happens, half of the time.

Davidion

AniHawk said:
Micro was a huge bomb. They wrote it off as a holiday-only thing, but I think they wanted to drag it out for a good long while as their cheap alternative to the DS. I think it was half price a year after it was released.

Quite frankly, anything that teaches the manufacturers to not make their gear so fucking microscopic is fine by me.

Tobor

AniHawk said:

I always saw it as Nintendo covering there bases in case the DS ultimately failed. They could stretch out the GBA lifecycle until a new Game Boy could be finished. Of course this wasn't needed in the least.

F#A#Oo

Banned
The DSLite hasn't even started to sell poorly (some weeks it can even be sold out) and Nintendo are already ready to release a newer edition?

What ever happened to using a new edition to extend the life-cycle...?:lol

Yes Boss!

I'll buy, whatever it is.

It would be nice if they made a higher-end model like the Micro and old Game & Watches and used some metal. Do away with the GBA slot and make it compete aesthetics-wise with things like the iPhone.

Tobor

Yes Boss! said:
I'll buy, whatever it is.

It would be nice if they made a higher-end model like the Micro and old Game & Watches and used some metal. Do away with the GBA slot and make it compete aesthetics-wise with things like the iPhone.

This, in the end, is the truth.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
GBA 2 please. I hate how Nintendo went the DS way when they saw it going succesful.

Top Bottom