• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entertaining normal-left youtubers

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alright so we are going here, right-wing youtubers are all over youtube and they are most often pretty cringe, outside of Crowder. Are my left-leaning folks here have some recomendation? And I am talking about leftist, not wokesters or liberals. Obvious pick is Jonathan Pie, however I recently went into rabbit hole of finding some entertainment on the left and I found Vaush, Hasan Piker and few others which are pretty bad. Do you guys know some others, I want some entertainment, where I could learn, disagre, be trigger and etc.

And for the record, this contains left in a sense of European left, don't go at me with some woke shit.

teezzy

Banned
Bill Maher is my favorite liberal talking head. He has clips of his show on YT which I like to keep tabs on.

You know they're good when they manage to piss of Conservatives and Liberals simultaneously.

M1chl

Bill Maher is my favorite liberal talking head. He has clips of his show on YT which I like to keep tabs on.

You know they're good when they manage to piss of Conservatives and Liberals simultaneously.
That's true, I forgot, I watch Bill Maher a lot. This is the video which introduce me to him...wait I cannot find it fucking youtube.

I guess we can include in this thread Bill Burr and old time Jimmy Jefferies.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why have right wing YouTubers found so much success whereas left wing YouTubers haven't?

Other than Bill Maher and The Young Turks (do they still exist?) I can't think of any.

M1chl

Why have right wing YouTubers found so much success whereas left wing YouTubers haven't?

Other than Bill Maher and The Young Turks (do they still exist?) I can't think of any.
The Young Turks are pretty terrible and yes, left wing have hard time with geniuty and comedy. But that's the same situation on the right. What kind of right-wing comedians you know? Crowder probably and that's about it...

What wat?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jimmy Dore is often quite good and at least entertaining.

Mistake

I like to watch Louis Rossmann, not sure what he counts as. Someone asked him the other day what party he is, and he said “I stay out of that, because I manage to piss off everyone”

I’ll find more later

M1chl

I like to watch Louis Rossmann, not sure what he counts as. Someone asked him the other day what party he is, and he said “I stay out of that, because I manage to piss off everyone”

I’ll find more later
He definitely counts, but I would not really count him as a enteritainer outside of tech repairs.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah, Bill Maher was great that one time he wanted the entire American economy to crash, because he didn’t like who was President.

That’s my issue with ‘moderate’ leftists. It’s just watered down versions of the same woke thing. As much as I love it when Maher occasionally makes a superb point, there’s far too much insanity to take him seriously.

To me, a good leftist commentator would be a classical liberal (frankly, this might as well be a right-wing position at this point, and will even be treated as such by leftists) that sanely critiques and suggests policy from a traditionally left-leaning perspective. Something like a Clinton-era leftist.

I have not found that.

teezzy

Banned
There's this really underground classical liberal philosopher I like named Joe Rogan

Maybe you've heard of him, he's pretty niche

M1chl

Yeah, Bill Maher was great that one time he wanted the entire American economy to crash, because he didn’t like who was President.

That’s my issue with ‘moderate’ leftists. It’s just watered down versions of the same woke thing. As much as I love it when Maher occasionally makes a superb point, there’s far too much insanity to take him seriously.

To me, a good leftist commentator would be a classical liberal (frankly, this might as well be a right-wing position at this point, and will even be treated as such by leftists) that sanely critiques and suggests policy from a traditionally left-leaning perspective. Something like a Clinton-era leftist.

I have not found that.
I agree that part was really stupid, about crash the economy, since he would be safe at his position. However classic liberal is conservative at this year and age point of view. And for the record I don't exactly remember Cliton era, because I was little without ability to speak English.

There's this really underground classical liberal philosopher I like named Joe Rogan

Maybe you've heard of him, he's pretty niche
Yeah, but he is really nice

Last edited:

Mistake

He definitely counts, but I would not really count him as a enteritainer outside of tech repairs.
not entirely true. I watched some of his livestreams and he’ll bs with people on various things. To give you an idea, his cat is called Mr. Clinton because it would always try to rape his other cats :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

M1chl

I don't like watching politics on youtube, but every week I watch John Oliver with my mother, father and I and we love it! He's hilarious.

John Oliver provides a lot of good info, but his jokes fall flat in my opinion, he tries too hard.

not entirely true. I watched some of his livestreams and he’ll bs with people on various things. To give you an idea, his cat is called Mr. Clinton because it would always try to rape his other cats :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I never watch his stream, fair enough : )

Last edited:

Mistake

I don't like watching politics on youtube, but every week I watch John Oliver with my mother, father and I and we love it! He's hilarious.
I watched him occasionally until it became clear he’s a narcissist. I did like some things he covered before, like jail reform or toxic waste dumps

Top Bottom