• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ePES 2020 |OT| This is eFootball

cormack12

Gold Member
fL9n2rD.png

FVx7heF.png

cKEFmyd.png

5EmfwGl.png

FGv6LKK.png

eXmLdpB.png

RTHKXDd.png

1Se8uhz.png

egxUchu.png

z1h4DYi.png

DyNHcrF.png

GIFS
giphy.gif

BarrenOpulentAurochs-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

ReflectingImaginaryFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

I hope for better things this year. I think PES has reached a point where its once main advantage over FIFA (gameplay) has deteriorated enough where it can't overcome the other advantages FIFA has.

Game looks great this year. The demo was solid. A lot of learning curve compared to FIFA. OT looks amazing. Looking forward to the release date.

jts

...hate me...
eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer.

The naming if totally weird.
It is, but they can’t be picky about name sponsoring. eFootball is a company owned by Piqué, bringing in the bucks.

Some people think it’s just PES coming up with a name change to shake things up and show a new direction, but no. eFootball is literally a trademark.

Sleepwalker

Graphically it looks great but the gameplay has been lacking for a while now. Didn't like the demo for pes 2020 and their online environment needs s lot of work. I prefer FIFA this gen.

Although as a Juventus supporter, pes having the exclusive licensing stings a bit.

cormack12

Gold Member
Anyone been playing? Waiting to get home to play? I've been having a blast today, games are much closer and tighter.

There are already players with their myClub maxed out with legends everywhere as well, literally must have dropped like the price of another game :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GC_DALBEN

Great game, im bad at it but im having a lot of fun playing with my team PALMEIRAS!

If you are from Brasil and a casual, just PM me if you want to play some games :)

Nightrunner

Played 4 matches with my mates and really liking PES 2020 except for the dribbling which is really clunky imo. I haven't played since PES 6 so not sure if they changed something or PES never had dribbling like FIFA to begin with.

RAIDEN1

1 or 2 reviews are saying the fouls are outrageous in this version with your player flying in an over the top fashion...and that the AI is a bit off, for those that have purchased the game, have you found that to be the case? Is this game worth the upgrade from 2019? Or is it best to wait a bit for a patch?

cormack12

Gold Member
1 or 2 reviews are saying the fouls are outrageous in this version with your player flying in an over the top fashion...and that the AI is a bit off, for those that have purchased the game, have you found that to be the case? Is this game worth the upgrade from 2019? Or is it best to wait a bit for a patch?

Not sure on that. You get the odd clash where the player collisions are a bit sketchy but nothing that's made me think 'this is outrageous'. If you put the time into learnign dribbling, it's worth it imo. If not, you might be happy staying with 2019

Nightrunner

CPU VS AI is a bit off but that's always been the case according to my friend who has been playing PES since 2011. The collisions as well as the strength battles are much better than what one usually sees in FIFA. You can of course add more variety to the AI playing style by editing their advanced tactics but that's too much hassle IMO. As far as local play is concerned PES 2020 is very enjoyable when you're playing with your friends which is why I keep heading over to play it with my mate.

Top Bottom