• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games announces the opening of a new studio Led by the founders of Factor 5 in Cologne, Germany.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Epic Games today announced the opening of its newest studio located in Cologne, Germany. Led by the founders of Factor 5 – creators of the Turrican and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron franchises – Epic Games Cologne is joined by F5’s principal members and serves as part of the company’s expanding focus on emerging forms of interactive media and streaming technologies.

Prior to joining Epic, the Factor 5 team, including Epic Games Director of Online Technology Julian Eggebrecht and Cologne Studio Director Achim Moller, has been on the forefront of media delivery, working with Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, as well as serving as technology partners for both Nintendo and Sony.

“At the core of Epic’s success are highly-skilled and passionate individuals,” said Julian Eggebrecht, Director of Online Technology. “Germany is a nation at the forefront of technology and we look forward to extending our local presence as we fill newly created roles and hire exceptional talent.”

Zannegan

This news has me all kinds of conflicted:
  • I'm glad Factor 5 is being resurrected--they are a talented group who got done dirty by the 2008 financial situation and George Lucas.
  • I'm sad that the jokers over at Epic are behind it.
  • I'm happy to see Epic investing in creating more original content from the ground up instead of purchasing timed exclusives at the end of development.
Definitely a net positive, but it's a weird place to be in. Hope the games are fantastic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom