• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games calls PS5 a "masterpiece of systems design"

Gamernyc78

Banned
let the games do the talking.

Because for now, I don't see any games at Hellblade 2 or UE5 level.

giphy.gif

Lol yeah those fabulous cutscenes do alot of talking 😂 we've all seen tht before. Hellblade one was repetitive and restrictive asf tht doesn't impress me. Horizon showed gameplay and still looks and sounds better than anything shown or mentioned so far for Xbox.

Their savior would be a great and fun looking Fable imo. And thts just to add them to the conversation.

He’s just saying the deal isn’t secret.
If it's not a secret, why would the guy he's responding to and others accuse him of avoiding the topic because he's trying to hide it? There does not need to be a deal in place for Epic to do what they have done. I think it's more likely that Sony just happened to deliver a console that is perfect for showing off their new tech, which just so happens to be extremely bandwidth-heavy.

Ahhhh anything thts positive about ps5 is a marketing deal yet we've heard from so many insiders as well as professionals that ps5 is just tht shit!!! Remember the GDC poll too? But nah Sony has marketing deals with them too 😂😂😂😂

Fuck you Sony lol
Funny how you laughed at people (on the next gen thread) & said the same thing about those who didn't believe the 13TF PS5 hype, and said we heard from many insiders (few names i can recall are) Klee, osirisblack, BG's etc... even jason from Kotaku said blablabla, don't fall for the same ""yet we've heard from so many insiders as well as professionals that ps5 is just tht shit!!!""

quest

Not Banned from OT
Epic is going to rave about both consoles, seeing as how the more consoles sold the more opportunity there is for EPIC to sell its engine and games.
Yep because that sarcastic tweet about the series x is some serious raving about it lol. Epic does not care about any platform but Sony right now. Actions and money spent make that crystal clear. They should just be honest about it.

If it's not a secret, why would the guy he's responding to and others accuse him of avoiding the topic because he's trying to hide it? There does not need to be a deal in place for Epic to do what they have done. I think it's more likely that Sony just happened to deliver a console that is perfect for showing off their new tech, which just so happens to be extremely bandwidth-heavy.
Yeah it just happened that Epic made something not common on PC's and by chance fit PS5 specs, they just took a random bet and said to themselfs "we don't care about money, we wont target the mass, let try making something to suit a fast ssd"

quest

Not Banned from OT
They are obviously being paid by Sony. Surely there is no other explanation. PS5 is trash man.
Of course that would be. Your selling a multiplatform engine but only talking positive about one platform and openly trashing one platform and ignoring the other. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the agenda behind this. If there was no hidden agenda they would be pumping up all 3 platforms not just 1 to sell their engine.

sublimit

Banned
Of course that would be. Your selling a multiplatform engine but only talking positive about one platform and openly trashing one platform and ignoring the other. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the agenda behind this. If there was no hidden agenda they would be pumping up all 3 platforms not just 1 to sell their engine.
Which one "they trashed" and which one "they ignored"?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This is a good thing for everyone.

If these guys are saying they are really happy with it, then its safe to say they actually mean it.

Epic don't need Sony's marketing money, and are primarily interested in selling Unreal Engine, a multi-platform offering. Meaning that bigging up any specific platform is only useful to them in regards to how well its output showcases their tech. Which is available cross-platform so its of benefit to all users.

As it should.

Still no one has said that PS5 is the most powerful machine because isn't true, what a lot of people has said is that PS5 is a fantastic and well rounded console.

Maybe in the future devs will praise the Xbox too, both machines are fantastic.
Agree ...wallets will be empty at Xmas

hemo memo

Gold Member
I still remember what developers said about the Wii U, Xbox One, Vita and pretty much the same for what they say for every game console that they working on before launch. It’s bullshit most of the time. Judge for yourself or wait for reviews.

Last edited:

Ascend

Then why is nobody saying that about Xbox?

Just accept the truth.
I can actually think for myself. I don't need others to tell me what to think, especially when things are so obvious.

That being said... Here's what developers have said about the XSX;
The most exciting thing for me is the addition of an SSD and the custom hardware surrounding it to help get data into memory faster. This is not only going to allow for better streaming and load times but also make it easier to work with larger data sets that don't easily fit into memory.

First and foremost, the Xbox Series X is a genuine and significant boost in performance from the Xbox One.

The SSD storage speed then lets us take those beautiful realistic environments and make them load in a flash. And we're talking about bigger environments than the ones we could create on Xbox One.

We have come to expect generational leaps in CPU, GPU, and memory performance with each generation. Xbox Series X more than delivers against these expectations. As a game developer, one of the most exciting improvements that far exceeds expectations is the massive I/O improvements on Xbox Series X.

Yeah yeah spare me the "but windowscentral!!!" comments.
So yeah... As I said. What is being said by EPIC as mentioned in the first post, is PR talk as usual...
Can YOU accept the truth....????!!

Last edited:

geordiemp

He’s just saying the deal isn’t secret.
He’s also the guy that said the PS3 was easy to develop for

Already went thru this on another thread, for those who didn't notice or try not to, basically they made a deal to make a Demo taylormade for sony to showcase the SSD, something that other developpers wont waste time & money to do.
Yes it's a deal to promote UE5 thru the PS5 to get a bigger coverage, the only video in Unreal youtube chanel that passed the 1000 view.

XtuoKTk.png

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I can actually think for myself. I don't need others to tell me what to think, especially when things are so obvious.

That being said... Here's what developers have said about the XSX;
The most exciting thing for me is the addition of an SSD and the custom hardware surrounding it to help get data into memory faster. This is not only going to allow for better streaming and load times but also make it easier to work with larger data sets that don't easily fit into memory.

First and foremost, the Xbox Series X is a genuine and significant boost in performance from the Xbox One.

The SSD storage speed then lets us take those beautiful realistic environments and make them load in a flash. And we're talking about bigger environments than the ones we could create on Xbox One.

We have come to expect generational leaps in CPU, GPU, and memory performance with each generation. Xbox Series X more than delivers against these expectations. As a game developer, one of the most exciting improvements that far exceeds expectations is the massive I/O improvements on Xbox Series X.

Yeah yeah spare me the "but windowscentral!!!" comments.
So yeah... As I said. What is being said by EPIC as mentioned in the first post, is PR talk as usual...
Can YOU accept the truth....????!!

So... they aren’t saying the same thing. You and others keep clout chasing but it is what it is.

Developers praise the advances in computing power but they aren’t exactly calling it revolutionary for example. It’s the words you see, they mean different things.

These systems are not the same.

Yeah it just happened that Epic made something not common on PC's and by chance fit PS5 specs, they just took a random bet and said to themselfs "we don't care about money, we wont target the mass, let try making something to suit a fast ssd"
This is like accusing every developer showing off their game on a 2080Ti of having a secret marketing deal with Nvidia.

Vasto

It does not matter what anybody says anymore. We have seen PS5's games and the performance of the console. The games looks good for early next gen titles but what concerns me is the 30FPS. :messenger_sad_relieved:

REDRZA MWS

Yep because that sarcastic tweet about the series x is some serious raving about it lol. Epic does not care about any platform but Sony right now. Actions and money spent make that crystal clear. They should just be honest about it.

Epic has already said UE5 will power Series X titles. What’s your point? Do you OT think UE5 powered games on series X will run/perform less than how they will perform on a lesser powered hardware?

My point is EPIC isn’t in the business of fanboy nonsense. Their own business and bottom line is behooved to have as many consoles in home’s period, no matter the brand. So you will never hear them speak negatively in any way about either console. If the hardware can run UE5 Sweeney loves it.

geordiemp

Epic has already said UE5 will power Series X titles. What’s your point? Do you OT think UE5 powered games on series X will run/perform less than how they will perform on a lesser powered hardware?

My point is EPIC isn’t in the business of fanboy nonsense. Their own business and bottom line is behooved to have as many consoles in home’s period, no matter the brand. So you will never hear them speak negatively in any way about either console. If the hardware can run UE5 Sweeney loves it.

I am sure UE5 nano and lumen will run fine on all consoles and Epic will find a way around the need for fast SSD streaming and small triangle rendering which Cerny says favours higher clocks.

Ps5 was chosen I believe as it met the criteria that Epic were looking for, fast streaming, fast culling and high clocks for small triangles. Epic have also sugegsted this in many tweets.

On lesser powered hardware do you mean Lockart ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom