• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store 2019 exclusives sales

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Control's low sales are sad as hell...

I really want to play the game on PC, but I refuse to support the Epic store. Did they go with a full year of exclusivity to EGS?

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I was going to say that REALLY isn't saying much considering how well of a known IP Borderlands is. Then you got World War Z not TOO far under it, lmao.

TacosNSalsa

Feels super low to me.
Even BL3 selling 2 Mil is quite low, for a BL game.

I read that as 2000 ! I was like holy crapcrackers that's low! Last I remember reading is that it sold 5mil total across all platforms so 2mil wouldn't be bad at all

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stat nerds are getting a rush from this, I find Metro selling less than a million on Epic game store a bit low.

Given they recently announced how much people had spent on the store, I think it's pretty much confirmed that they lost money on third party titles. IIRC the amount spent on third party titles was around 250 million. Epic gets a 12% cut, so they keep around 30 million. 10 million of that was spent getting exclusivity for Control, and Borderlands was almost certainly significantly more expensive than that. Add the money they shelled out for all those other exclusivity deals (everything from RDR2 to indie titles) and there's no way they'd come out ahead.

Top Bottom