• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store Mega Sale. May 16-June 13. $10 off games $14.99 and up.

fermcr

There must be some kind of mistake on the store... unreleased games are on sale: Borderlands 3, Control, Bloodlines 2, Phoenix Point, etc.
Someone is going to get fired...

ethomaz

Banned
There must be some kind of mistake on the store... unreleased games are on sale: Borderlands 3, Control, Bloodlines 2, Phoenix Point, etc.
Pre-orders can have discounts... that happens in others stores too... Castlevania for example was 20% off for some days on preorder.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Its no mistake. Its a damn good sale is what it is.

EGS stays winning.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Very nice of them. Now, if the store only was working, it would be even better.

Hinedorf

Banned
What's a discount worth on games I have no interest in playing? World of Goo is a good description of EGS's offerings right now.

Borderlands 3 was actually a bit cheaper ($2 for Super Deluxe) on GMG the week pre-orders went live.

But it's looking like GMG will never have it on sale again. They're now running a 10-game bundle offer.

Leonidas

Pre-orders are a part of this. And if anyone bought a game in the past two weeks it looks like they'll get the sale discounts as well.

Epic Store only a few months old and this first sale seems promising(and it's retroactive for two weeks). I've not seen anything like this on PlayStation Network, XBL or Steam in their 10+ years of existence.

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn, not a fan of the Epic Game stores but between the sale and the regional pricing there's some great deals.
Control is up for pre order for $23.99
Detroid is $9.99

Kadayi

Banned
giphy.gif

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

Ha-ha, fuck off!:messenger_pouting:
I don't even need these (and other) games for free as long as they're available in this shitty store only. Fuckin' hell, I won't take them for free even if they'll offer me money:messenger_angry:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
satisfactory looks like a great game for 20
borderlands 3 for 50
metro for 35

epic sale indeed

i cant remember how many years ago i actually paid 50 for a pc game tho .

Fbh

Ahh. And that's the U.S. equivalent of $24? Jealous if so. That's awesome.

I still see the prices in USD so I guess they haven't implemented my local currency yet. But it auto detects my country and adapts the prices.
Same with GOG.

Steam on the other hand charges in my local currency but it's pretty hit and miss with the prices. Some stuff is definitely cheaper while other stuff is actually more expensive than in the US (like Rage 2 is the equivalent of $66 right now)

Holammer

I find it noteworthy that Shakedown: Hawaii is already 50% off and Operencia: The Stolen Sun at 75% and both have only been a month on the platform.
Two games I found interesting, but I've already burned the ship. Maybe I'll get the new Bubsy game instead? :p (holy shit, it's made by the BIT.TRIP devs!)

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
pr0cs pr0cs there's no point in saying everything else about EGS that's been said already - legitimate complaints, like, 195791875981753 times. So I've said what I've meant and that's the end of it. No amount money in the world will make me go against my principles and support this shitty store and shitty company. Not in this universe and no way in hell.

pr0cs

pr0cs pr0cs there's no point in saying everything else about EGS that's been said already - legitimate complaints, like, 195791875981753 times. So I've said what I've meant and that's the end of it.
Good, so does this mean that you will avoid all egs related threads from now on?

Dunki

Holy Shit this shit is so funny.

They basically have this for every game on the store. Paradox already REMOVED their game (Bloodlines 2) from the site until the sales are over.

It is also not found on the store anymore because of the sale because developers have NO possibilities to not be included in the sale

Also note Epic is paying for the differences. It is fucking ridiculous

Last edited:

ROMhack

Man I really hate the layout of their store. They needed to a lot more UI design/testing before this thing went live.

Last edited:

Ragnaroz

Guess the store wasn't doing too well since they're going back on their position of no sales ever. Still, this is the first good thing they've done for consumers, so kudos from me. Now stop doing exclusivity shit and make your goddamn launcher secure, and I might consider installing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom