• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store slowly starting to roll out cloud saves implementation

Kazza

Good for them. More competition is better for the industry overall.

I'm glad that they are slowly implementing all the features that people were asking for (including regional pricing earlier this year). It would be good to have another fully-featured store in the mix. As you said, more competition.

Kagey K

Banned
I still don't want to give any money to Epic. Another game became Epic exclusive yesterday, beating out Steam players.
Do you have to buy new hardware to use the Epic store? Is there some gigantic hurdle where spending 30 on Steam is great but spending 30.00 on Epic fries your PC and gets you banned from Steam?

I think people forget how bad Steam was when it first released, and how most PC gamers hated it at the time also.

The world is going to keep moving, with or without you.

Zaffo

So instead of telling everyone about, why not explain it to them?

Or do you just want to be dismissive?

What is there to explain? people are just looking to be dismissive about a problem that doesnt affect them.
There is no Steam exclusive becase Steam does not pay for exclusivity contracts? not that hard, developers chose the platform for it's feature set and use base, while being totally free to publish the game elsewhere.

Kagey K

Banned
What is there to explain? people are just looking to be dismissive about a problem that doesnt affect them.
There is no Steam exclusive becase Steam does not pay for exclusivity contracts? not that hard, developers chose the platform for it's feature set and use base, while being totally free to publish the game elsewhere.
So why is it a problem if a developer chooses to publish their game elsewhere?

If you are a fan wouldn’t you respect the dev and follow their choices?

Zaffo

So why is it a problem if a developer chooses to publish their game elsewhere?

If you are a fan wouldn’t you respect the dev and follow their choices?

Not going to hold a grudge against a developer getting an offer he cannot refuse, on the other hand if it worsen my experience as consumer, i'm not going to support this kind of practices with my own money.
Everything will eventually come to a platform i'm comfortable with, no need to support anti consumer practices in order to play a game 6 months earlier.

Kagey K

Banned
Not going to hold a grudge against a developer getting an offer he cannot refuse, on the other hand if it worsen my experience as consumer, i'm not going to support this kind of practices with my own money.
Everything will eventually come to a platform i'm comfortable with, no need to support anti consumer practices in order to play a game 6 months earlier.
Were you always comfortable with Steam? Why are you comfortable with it?
What would it take for you to “betray” Steam?

Are these all real questions? If you thought about any of them for more then half a second, you might be more of a fanboy then you realize.

Zaffo

Were you always comfortable with Steam? Why are you comfortable with it?
What would it take for you to “betray” Steam?

Are these all real questions? If you thought about any of them for more then half a second, you might be more of a fanboy then you realize.

Betray? Fanboy?
Aren't you a little out of line?

I simply enjoy having all my stuff into a single library and i make use of lots of steam features.
Living with my girlfriend family sharing it's a great tool to share games and keep costs down, i play lots of PC ass PC games and having access to the workshop it's a very easy way to access mods without all the fiddling around, community and community guides a click away are great if something doesnt work and you just need to find a quick fix, all the cloud saves for all my games are there, and least but not least i use a whole lot of strange and niche controllers from flight sticks, to fight sticks, retro controllers and such, and having the steam controller utility turning everything into Xinput or Dinput it's a godsend when i want to use my retro controllers on some dumb modern retro game that doesnt play well with strange input methods.

So yeah, i have been thinking about all the things i love about my platform of choice, what is that you love so much about Epic, other than the chance of being a contrarian when people are displeased at this whole exclusivity deal?

Kagey K

Banned
Betray? Fanboy?
Aren't you a little out of line?

I simply enjoy having all my stuff into a single library and i make use of lots of steam features.
Living with my girlfriend family sharing it's a great tool to share games and keep costs down, i play lots of PC ass PC games and having access to the workshop it's a very easy way to access mods without all the fiddling around, community and community guides a click away are great if something doesnt work and you just need to find a quick fix, all the cloud saves for all my games are there, and least but not least i use a whole lot of strange and niche controllers from flight sticks, to fight sticks, retro controllers and such, and having the steam controller utility turning everything into Xinput or Dinput it's a godsend when i want to use my retro controllers on some dumb modern retro game that doesnt play well with strange input methods.

So yeah, i have been thinking about all the things i love about my platform of choice, what is that you love so much about Epic, other than the chance of being a contrarian when people are displeased at this whole exclusivity deal?
You are playing on a PC right?

Wouldn’t all your games be converged in a little place called the C: drive?

Most of the features you listed weren’t there for most of Steams life. Some of them being very recent, and might not have come if the Epic store didn’t start pressuring them.

And you might think those words were strong, but yes they now apply to you master PC race.

Welcome to the fold.

Lanrutcon

It can’t be essential if it’s locked behind a paywall. Or does that make the paywall essential?

Unsure what you're getting at. Anything can be locked behind a paywall.

Edit: Nevermind. You're obviously on medication or something.

Last edited:

Zaffo

Guess it's my fault for trying to field a reasonable argument against someone who is only interested in proving a point, yeah buddy my online distribution platform of choice it's my C: dive, and all the steam features i've been using for years are there only as a cobbled together response to the Epic threath :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

But then is it essential?

Most people won’t pay, so I guess it becomes not essential?

Or does the paywall become essential?

Dude. Stop. Take a deep breath.

Your posts legitimately come off like nonsensical babble from a drugged person. Let's try one post without any questions and take it from there.

Blancka

But whether it's steam or EGS exclusive, regardless of the reasoning, the outcome is literally the exact same for consumers; exclusivity to one platform.

How is it anti-consumer on EGS but not on steam when the end result is literally the exact same. Whether EGS pays someone for a game, or they choose EGS exclusively on their own, the result is literally the exact same to the end consumer.

That's not even getting into the fact that EGS is the only real competition steam has ever had, which is objectively good for consumers, as competition benefits consumers all the time. "Anti-consumer" has become the gaming equivalent or SJWs calling everything they disagree with racist. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong, and your logic is completely flawed here.

Not saying you have to like EGS, but you points are extremely hypocritical of eachother

But whether it's steam or EGS exclusive, regardless of the reasoning, the outcome is literally the exact same for consumers; exclusivity to one platform.

How is it anti-consumer on EGS but not on steam when the end result is literally the exact same. Whether EGS pays someone for a game, or they choose EGS exclusively on their own, the result is literally the exact same to the end consumer.

That's not even getting into the fact that EGS is the only real competition steam has ever had, which is objectively good for consumers, as competition benefits consumers all the time. "Anti-consumer" has become the gaming equivalent or SJWs calling everything they disagree with racist. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's wrong, and your logic is completely flawed here.

Not saying you have to like EGS, but you points are extremely hypocritical of eachother

At the current pace, the Epic store will be "literally exactly the same" in 2036.
I am willing to accept Steam because it provides solid service, tools and features. Meanwhile the other day Epic couldn't finish downloading Fortnite without a mysterious "Unreal crash", whatever that is. Many developers use Steam not only because of its reach, but because of these useful features. Other platforms like GOG can't compete, and since players and developers are not charities they'll use what's best for their needs.

Steam Cloud rolled out on November 3, 2008, when Steam had 15 million users. Origin and Uplay have cloud saves since at least 2012. Origin and Uplay are perfectly fine clients - in fact, Ubisoft's Epic adventures only made everyone buy from Uplay.

Steam as a store has plenty of competition - there are so many other places to shop, often with better prices.
Epic games are available on a single store. How is that competition? When a game is exclusive to a store, that store is not an option.

Blancka

At the current pace, the Epic store will be "literally exactly the same" in 2036.
I am willing to accept Steam because it provides solid service, tools and features. Meanwhile the other day Epic couldn't finish downloading Fortnite without a mysterious "Unreal crash", whatever that is. Many developers use Steam not only because of its reach, but because of these useful features. Other platforms like GOG can't compete, and since players and developers are not charities they'll use what's best for their needs.

Steam Cloud rolled out on November 3, 2008, when Steam had 15 million users. Origin and Uplay have cloud saves since at least 2012. Origin and Uplay are perfectly fine clients - in fact, Ubisoft's Epic adventures only made everyone buy from Uplay.

Steam as a store has plenty of competition - there are so many other places to shop, often with better prices.
Epic games are available on a single store. How is that competition? When a game is exclusive to a store, that store is not an option.

You called exclusivity anti-consumer. Don't change the goalposts now because you've been called out on the exact same thing happening on steam. Once in-game, the experience is near the same. You can even use the steam overlay with any EGS game. BTW is McDonalds anti-consumer because only they sell the big mac but I prefer the seats at subway?

Not arguing EGS is better, it needs improvements, but attempting to compete isn't anti-consumer. Steam has no real competition. GoG, origin and uplay are in no way a threat to steam and never have been. EGS exclusives are giving steam legit competition.

It's competition the same way Burger king competes with McDonalds by selling variations of the same thing. Burgers. Only in this case it's videogames

Reactions: Fuz

Lanrutcon

It's competition the same way Burger king competes with McDonalds by selling variations of the same thing. Burgers. Only in this case it's videogames

When your argument relies on comparing two wildly differently products from different industries, it's time to rethink the argument. There's no "only" in that case. Millions of places sell burgers. I can make my own burgers. When it comes to burgers I have many, many options to choose from in terms of quality and price. That's exactly what the Epic store situation isn't offering. No matter how many threads we have about this it keeps having to be restated: exclusivity is not competition. If McDonalds were suddenly the only place in the world to sell cheeseburgers and it was impossible to make them at home, then we'd have an apt comparison.

Zaffo

Man love me some false equivalencies, what if Steam was a pizzeria and Epic a shoe store? will this support anybody's disinformed opinion about platforms they dont use daily?

brian0057

Banned
You called exclusivity anti-consumer. Don't change the goalposts now because you've been called out on the exact same thing happening on steam. Once in-game, the experience is near the same. You can even use the steam overlay with any EGS game. BTW is McDonalds anti-consumer because only they sell the big mac but I prefer the seats at subway?

Not arguing EGS is better, it needs improvements, but attempting to compete isn't anti-consumer. Steam has no real competition. GoG, origin and uplay are in no way a threat to steam and never have been. EGS exclusives are giving steam legit competition.

Exclusivity is not competition. It's a byproduct of copyright law since you obviously need to make money with your creations.

Also, your "Burger King Vs McDonalds" analogy is flawed since both businesses make hamburgers. They might taste different due to the preparation or the ingredients they use but at the end of the day you still get a hamburger. Metro: Exodus is not just another videogame. You can't buy the "Steam version" of Metro: Exodus because it doesn't exist. For your analogy to work, there would have to be a game on Steam that people can buy to replace the "videogame" that is Metro: Exodus.

Blancka

When your argument relies on comparing two wildly differently products from different industries, it's time to rethink the argument. There's no "only" in that case. Millions of places sell burgers. I can make my own burgers. When it comes to burgers I have many, many options to choose from in terms of quality and price. That's exactly what the Epic store situation isn't offering. No matter how many threads we have about this it keeps having to be restated: exclusivity is not competition. If McDonalds were suddenly the only place in the world to sell cheeseburgers and it was impossible to make them at home, then we'd have an apt comparison.
McDonalds is the only place to get a big mac though. Nowhere else sells a burger that tastes like that.

Plenty of stores sell videogames. Plenty sell FPSRPGS. None of them are exactly like borderlands 3 though. They all serve the same purpose of entertainment, but they're still different. Same as how food tastes different from different places, and some are trademarked and can't be replicated by other restaurants.

Blancka

Exclusivity is not competition. It's a byproduct of copyright law since you obviously need to make money with your creations.

Also, your "Burger King Vs McDonalds" analogy is flawed since both businesses make hamburgers. They might taste different due to the preparation or the ingredients they use but at the end of the day you still get a hamburger. Metro: Exodus is not just another videogame. You can't buy the "Steam version" of Metro: Exodus because it doesn't exist. For your analogy to work, there would have to be a game on Steam that people can buy to replace the "videogame" that is Metro: Exodus.

Your analogy doesn't work because it only considers those who are into gaming, and not those who are into food. If I want a big mac, no other restaurant can give me something for that craving. I can get a burger, but it won't be the same at all, even if it's the same combo of lettuce, onions, 2 pattys and burger sauce, it won't taste the exact same as a big mac.

"No but this is different because I like this thing and I say it's more different than these other things" isn't an argument. If we need to use other industry's for example though, many clothes brands are exclusive to one chain of stores. If you want the same jacket/jeans of a specific type/design, there's often only 1 place to get that specific item from. Just as you want a specific game when there's many other similar games, but not quite the same, the same scenario applies to people who like other things like food, clothes, etc.

brian0057

Banned
I can get a burger,

Yes. That's my point. You're still getting a burger regardless of the store you choose. Neither McDonalds nor Burger King have a monopoly on what a burger is.
With Epic and Steam, the only way to get Metro: Exodus is through Epic since they have the monopoly on it.

"No but this is different because I like this thing and I say it's more different than these other things" isn't an argument.

Nice strawman. "Videogames" is not the equalizer. Resident Evil is not the same as Need For Speed.
A Big Mac and a BK quarter pound are still hamburgers.

If we need to use other industry's for example though, many clothes brands are exclusive to one chain of stores. If you want the same jacket/jeans of a specific type/design, there's often only 1 place to get that specific item from. Just as you want a specific game when there's many other similar games, but not quite the same, the same scenario applies to people who like other things like food, clothes, etc.

You're still getting clothes regardless of the brand. It doesn't matter if the shirt is a Lacrosse, Ralph Lauren or a hand-my down from a flee market. None of those places have a monopoly on the shirt.
Epic vs Steam is like Gap having the exclusive rights to "shirts" so Wal-Mart can't sell "shirt", brand be damned.
Different types of burgers or clothes is competition.
Exclusive rights to products that can't be purchased anywhere else and can't be replaced with something similar? Monopoly and anti-consumer.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

McDonalds is the only place to get a big mac though. Nowhere else sells a burger that tastes like that.

Plenty of stores sell videogames. Plenty sell FPSRPGS. None of them are exactly like borderlands 3 though. They all serve the same purpose of entertainment, but they're still different. Same as how food tastes different from different places, and some are trademarked and can't be replicated by other restaurants.

Again, the comparison doesn't work because there are tens of thousands of burgers available from tens of thousands of places across the world. If you can definitively prove that absolutely no burger in this massive pool can serve as a Big Mac then I'll buy it.. Fuck it, blindfold someone and feed em some Burgerking and I'd lay down money they couldn't tell the difference most of the time. As consumers we are spoiled for choice when it comes to burgers. Borderlands 3 will be available from one single source, with no competition at all, and good luck trying to find an alternative or making your own.

You're trying to liken a food product that a minimum wave slave can ready in 4 minutes to digital entertainment that took dozens of professionals years to make. Regardless of your stance on Epic, Steam and the entire debacle: the comparison is just dumb.

Blancka

Yes. That's my point. You're still getting a burger regardless of the store you choose. Neither McDonalds nor Burger King have a monopoly on what a burger is.
With Epic and Steam, the only way to get Metro: Exodus is through Epic since they have the monopoly on it.

Nice strawman. "Videogames" is not the equalizer. Resident Evil is not the same as Need For Speed.
A Big Mac and a BK quarter pound are still hamburgers.

You're still getting clothes regardless of the brand. It doesn't matter if the shirt is a Lacrosse, Ralph Lauren or a hand-my down from a flee market. None of those places have a monopoly on the shirt.
Epic vs Steam is like Gap having the exclusive rights to "shirts" so Wal-Mart can't sell "shirt", brand be damned.
Different types of burgers or clothes is competition.
Exclusive rights to products that can't be purchased anywhere else and can't be replaced with something similar? Monopoly and anti-consumer.
McDonalds do have a monopoly on the big mac though, which tastes different from other burgers...

If "videogames" can't be an equalizer then how can "burgers" be? Just how RE differs from NFS, a big mac differs from a whopper. Do you have a better argument than "That's a strawman! It's different!" or are you just gonna keep sticking your fingers in your ears singing LALALALALA?

You're still getting videogames regardless of the brand. It doesn't matter if it's GTA, Overwatch or a second hand ps2 game from a flea market. None of these places have a monopoly on videogames.
EPIC and steam both sell videogames of different design similar to how differing stores sell clothes of different designs. "I want all the videogames tho" is not a game changer here.

Exclusive rights to a product that can't be purchased anywhere else and can't be replaced with something similar? McDonalds Big mac. You can't tell me that a big mac vs a cheap knock off isn't equivalent to something like diablo vs torchlight.

Blancka

Again, the comparison doesn't work because there are tens of thousands of burgers available from tens of thousands of places across the world. If you can definitively prove that absolutely no burger in this massive pool can serve as a Big Mac then I'll buy it.. Fuck it, blindfold someone and feed em some Burgerking and I'd lay down money they couldn't tell the difference most of the time. As consumers we are spoiled for choice when it comes to burgers. Borderlands 3 will be available from one single source, with no competition at all, and good luck trying to find an alternative or making your own.

You're trying to liken a food product that a minimum wave slave can ready in 4 minutes to digital entertainment that took dozens of professionals years to make. Regardless of your stance on Epic, Steam and the entire debacle: the comparison is just dumb.

It can't. McDonalds has a taste I've not had anywhere else.

Saying food doesn't count because it's fast is like saying videogames don't count because it takes a machine 30 seconds to put it on a disk. Specific recipes takes months or years to perfect too. Big Macs are available from one specific source. Like how you're not paying for "a videogame", but a specific one, I'm not paying for a "burger", but a specific kind

Zaffo

Got a better analogy for all you fast food folks, what if Steam was a competent digital distribution platform with lots of features and comforts, while Epic was a barebone storefront that gets his business by virtue of purchasing exclusivity deals?
That should fit better than fast food chains, restourants and ice cream shops.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Saying food doesn't count because it's fast is like saying videogames don't count because it takes a machine 30 seconds to put it on a disk. Specific recipes takes months or years to perfect too. Big Macs are available from one specific source. Like how you're not paying for "a videogame", but a specific one, I'm not paying for a "burger", but a specific kind

No, I'm saying a burger is a terrible comparison to a videogame because one of those things can be reproduced by unskilled labor in a matter of minutes with Google and access to a supermarket. Not only have you picked the potentially shittiest burger known to our species, you're clinging to its taste being this amazing non-reproducible miracle of science because you know that's the only way your crazy comparison even gets close to approaching anything reasonable. You're so desperate to make a point that suddenly a McDonalds burger is this unique foodstuff from the gods that no other burger in the world could possibly compare to.

I don't think I have the vocabulary to adequately express how stupid your argument is. You've given me a headache. Only the politics forum is supposed to give me headaches.

brian0057

Banned
If "videogames" can't be an equalizer then how can "burgers" be? Just how RE differs from NFS, a big mac differs from a whopper. Do you have a better argument than "That's a strawman! It's different!" or are you just gonna keep sticking your fingers in your ears singing LALALALALA?

The equalizer for burgers is "burger" not "food".
The equalizer for Metro: Exodus is "Metro: Exodus", not videogames.
Find me a replacement for Metro: Exodus on Steam that offers basically the same things and then you may have a point. And when I mean "the same things" I mean the same story, characters, weapons, game mechanics, enemies, setting, and lore.
(Hint: You won't find it.)
And, no. McDonalds isn't different from Burger King or In-N-Out. They're still buns with meat and other assorted ingredients. The difference you're buying is the preparation and the type of ingredients used. But at the end of the day, you're still getting a burger.

You're still getting videogames regardless of the brand. It doesn't matter if it's GTA, Overwatch or a second hand ps2 game from a flea market. None of these places have a monopoly on videogames.
EPIC and steam both sell videogames of different design similar to how differing stores sell clothes of different designs. "I want all the videogames tho" is not a game changer here.

"Hey, I wanna play Metro: Exodus."
"Here, you can get it on the Epic Game Store."
"Uhm, can I get it on Steam?"
"Sorry, no can do. Why don't you play Brutal Legend on Steam?"
"But I wanna play Metro: Exodus on Steam."
"Maybe play Fallout: New Vegas?
"They're not even remotely similar."
"Why don't you shut up? You're still getting videogames."

Exclusive rights to a product that can't be purchased anywhere else and can't be replaced with something similar? McDonalds Big mac. You can't tell me that a big mac vs a cheap knock off isn't equivalent to something like diablo vs torchlight.

You're still getting a burger. It doesn't matter that Burger King can't call theirs "Big Mac".

If anyone else doesn't like the taste of a Big Mac, they can get burgers somewhere else.
If anyone else doesn't like Epic, they can't get Metro: Exodus anywhere else or find a replacement that offers the same experience.

You're still getting a burger. It doesn't matter that Burger King can't call theirs "Big Mac".
"Oh, but McDonalds uses especially grown tomatoes for their burgers. That means they're completely different.
You're still getting a burger.

Last edited:

ookami

what if Steam was a competent digital distribution platform with lots of features and comforts
Yeah, sure. Steam is a software having almost 16 years of continuous development with each main features and comforts developed, then added on a yearly basis. Of course, EG could have waited to get a more complete store... And miss a lot of opportunities for games getting out this year. They have their roadmap with similar features planned to only accommodate steam users.
I don't even care anymore since 2011 I always felt like I was losing my time with those features instead of simply... Playing my games.

Although I understand EGS strategy with exclusive deals to compete against Steam while having almost no features, I find sad that they introduced so aggressively the concept of exclusivity to PC gaming.
We really didn't need that. Well... At least those store are free to access from any devices.

Blancka

No, I'm saying a burger is a terrible comparison to a videogame because one of those things can be reproduced by unskilled labor in a matter of minutes with Google and access to a supermarket. Not only have you picked the potentially shittiest burger known to our species, you're clinging to its taste being this amazing non-reproducible miracle of science because you know that's the only way your crazy comparison even gets close to approaching anything reasonable. You're so desperate to make a point that suddenly a McDonalds burger is this unique foodstuff from the gods that no other burger in the world could possibly compare to.

I don't think I have the vocabulary to adequately express how stupid your argument is. You've given me a headache. Only the politics forum is supposed to give me headaches.
The making of an actual burger is more akin to burning a game to a disk, which is done en masse in a matter of minutes.

What makes it different is the recipe, which is unique, and can take months or years to develop fully, similar to game development

brian0057

Banned
The making of an actual burger is more akin to burning a game to a disk, which is done en masse in a matter of minutes.

What makes it different is the recipe, which is unique, and can take months or years to develop fully, similar to game development
You're still getting a burger. It doesn't matter if you made it yourself or if you bought it from In-N-Out.

Lanrutcon

Again, no it isn't. See previous posts.

Blancka

The equalizer for burgers is "burger" not "food".
The equalizer for Metro: Exodus is "Metro: Exodus", not videogames.
Find me a replacement for Metro: Exodus on Steam that offers basically the same things and then you may have a point. And when I mean "the same things" I mean the same story, characters, weapons, game mechanics, enemies, setting, and lore.
(Hint: You won't find it.)
And, no. McDonalds isn't different from Burger King or In-N-Out. They're still buns with meat and other assorted ingredients. The difference you're buying is the preparation and the type of ingredients used. But at the end of the day, you're still getting a burger.

"Hey, I wanna play Metro: Exodus."
"Here, you can get it on the Epic Game Store."
"Uhm, can I get it on Steam?"
"Sorry, no can do. Why don't you play Brutal Legend on Steam?"
"But I wanna play Metro: Exodus on Steam."
"Maybe play Fallout: New Vegas?
"Why don't you shut up? You're still getting videogames."

If anyone else doesn't like the taste of a Big Mac, they can get burgers somewhere else.
If anyone else doesn't like Epic, they can't get Metro: Exodus anywhere else or find a replacement that offers the same experience.

"Oh, but McDonalds uses especially grown tomatoes for their burgers. That means they're completely different.
You're still getting a burger.
The difference is the recipe, which has thousands of variants, similar to how different genres of games have many different variants/clones within.

"Hey, I wanna big mac"
"Here, you can get it in McDonalds."
"Uhm, can I get it at burger king?"
"Sorry, no can do. Why don't eat a whopper at burger king?"
"But I wanna eat big mac."
"Maybe eat a bacon king?
"Why don't you shut up? You're still getting a burger."

The burgers are not the same though. You valuing games more than food doesn't change that the product is different.

"Oh but metro has a gas mask system! That means it's completely different!"
You're still getting a videogame

brian0057

Banned
The difference is the recipe, which has thousands of variants, similar to how different genres of games have many different variants/clones within.

"Hey, I wanna big mac"
"Here, you can get it in McDonalds."
"Uhm, can I get it at burger king?"
"Sorry, no can do. Why don't eat a whopper at burger king?"
"But I wanna eat big mac."
"Maybe eat a bacon king?
"Why don't you shut up? You're still getting a burger."

The burgers are not the same though. You valuing games more than food doesn't change that the product is different.

"Oh but metro has a gas mask system! That means it's completely different!"
You're still getting a videogame

McDonalds and Burger King aren't competing because they both sell "food". They're competing because they sell the same thing: burgers.
Metro: Exodus is not the same as Fallout: New Vegas.

You're still getting a videogame, doesn't matter if you buy doom or wolfenstein from EGS or steam

Again, "videogame" is not the equalizer.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. wasn't competing with Seinfield just because they're both "T.V. shows.". They're were competing because they're both comedies set in New York following the antics an ensemble cast of friends.
Call of Duty and Battlefield are competing.
Call of Duty and Doom are not competing.

Blancka

McDonalds and Burger King aren't competing because they both sell "food". They're competing because they sell the same thing: burgers.
Metro: Exodus is not the same as Fallout: New Vegas.

Again, "videogame" is not the equalizer.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. wasn't competing with Seinfield just because they're both "T.V. shows.". They're were competing because they're both comedies set in New York following the antics an ensemble cast of friends.
Call of Duty and Battlefield are competing.
Call of Duty and Doom are not competing.
Hence why every example I used had "burgers" instead of food.
I agree with you. Also a Big mac is not the same as a whopper.

See now you're splitting by genre, and I'm pretty sure EGS hasn't got a monopoly on any genre

Top Bottom