• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store - Winter Sale - Free Games Every Day, $10 Coupons Are Back

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Free today:

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So Gaf any online games worth it?

BF2042 is for 30 euros but everyone says its shit and it looks so bland.

RDR2 is full of cheaters.

So is there really anything interesting for an online gamer? It doesn't work with MTX stuff like zen in neverwinter right?

Last edited:

Interfectum

So is there really anything interesting for an online gamer? It doesn't work with MTX stuff like zen in neverwinter right?
Halo: Infinite, Fortnite and Rocket League (the latter two on EGS) are my goto online games. All bring different quality to the table.

People like to shit on Fortnite because of its popularity, crazy skins and the amount of kids that play it but solo playing a game of BR is one of the better modern online experiences nowadays IMO.

The_Mike

Halo: Infinite, Fortnite and Rocket League (the latter two on EGS) are my goto online games. All bring different quality to the table.

People like to shit on Fortnite because of its popularity, crazy skins and the amount of kids that play it but solo playing a game of BR is one of the better modern online experiences nowadays IMO.
Out of those only halo interests me.

I had a ok time with fortnite because of TR, but after it wasn't possible to do the battle pass with it, or at least a lot of objectives, then I left because I don't enjoy battle royale.

bargeparty

Tomorrow is Tomb Raider (probably the whole trilogy)

EGS_15DaysofGames_wrapped_1920x1080_day15_1920x1080-46b1e1548ae6d2638f113802676b75ba

I've tried to google this and it seems to be the consensus. But the other games aren't on the store, and certainly not the 2013 Definitive Edition, which was console only. I would be pretty happy if they ended up finally releasing the Tomb Raider 2013 Definitive Edition on PC. Sure I can play it on console, but you can't do anything bout the horrid camera shake in.

GHG

Gold Member

Insurgency Sandstorm or hell let loose.

Other than Halo Infinite those are the only 2 online shooters that are any good at the moment.

Picked up AC Valhalla. Played at launch via the monthly Ubi thing which I subsequently canceled. Decent for $20 but I think the larger price is the time you spend playing.

One thing I’ve noticed is the absolute MASSIVE SIZED HANDS on the current day character. 😳😳😳 Is this part of the lore? There’s no way this person was born female. We’re talking NBA power forward sized hands. It’s downright distracting.

Picked up AC Valhalla. Played at launch via the monthly Ubi thing which I subsequently canceled. Decent for $20 but I think the larger price is the time you spend playing.

One thing I’ve noticed is the absolute MASSIVE SIZED HANDS on the current day character. 😳😳😳 Is this part of the lore? There’s no way this person was born female. We’re talking NBA power forward sized hands. It’s downright distracting.

s7mnOhs.png

bargeparty

What's wrong with you

The_Mike

Insurgency Sandstorm or hell let loose.

Other than Halo Infinite those are the only 2 online shooters that are any good at the moment.
I want both games, but neither of them can be bought on epic store yet.

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
I want both games, but neither of them can be bought on epic store yet.

So... Get them on steam. They are both on sale there at the moment with sizable discounts.

Halo isn't on the epic launcher, how are you playing that?

Vagswarm

Anyone else waiting for the free games to end (or close to) before pulling the trigger on some discounted titles? The only one I purchased so far is Guardians of the Galaxy because they won't be giving that away for free. Still planning on getting a few more games if they aren't free, lol.

Last edited:

The_Mike

So... Get them on steam. They are both on sale there at the moment with sizable discounts.

Halo isn't on the epic launcher, how are you playing that?
Well, we are in a thread about epic games store. Why act surprised that I wanted to purchase them here?

It's like a friend saying he wants a McDonald's burger and you're like "yeah me too let's go to burger King"

The gift coupon for each game makes them cheaper than steam.

Skifi28

Anyone else waiting for the free games to end (or close to) before pulling the trigger on some discounted titles?
Always. But then I get impatient and pull the trigger only to regret it a few hours/days later. It's an endless cycle of impatience and regret.

GHG

Gold Member
Well, we are in a thread about epic games store. Why act surprised that I wanted to purchase them here?

It's like a friend saying he wants a McDonald's burger and you're like "yeah me too let's go to burger King"

The gift coupon for each game makes them cheaper than steam.

There's no coupon on Steam so the price is what it is. But the alternative is for you to look at third party sites for greater discounts:

The final price should be all that matters, not whether you get a coupon or not.

If you must purchase games via the EGS then I don't know what to tell you, you're going to be fishing in a much smaller pool and not all the good games are available there.

CuNi

Sorry I thought you talking about free games only.

I mean I'm not buying many games in general, even less so on release. Last game I bought on release was Halo Infinite but that's because I'm a sucker for Halo and a few other game series that I buy no matter what. Outside of those special cases I haven't bought any game full price in ages.

You can also check out my post history, I'm a very vocal defender of steam releases and don't buy anything on any other storefront. I do support the ability of developers to sell on multiple stores, I'm not a fan of exclusives, be it epic or steam, but I just don't want to fragment my game library and buy on steam exclusively. Other stores are for freebies only and I stick to that. Haven't spent a cent outside steam.

The_Mike

There's no coupon on Steam so the price is what it is. But the alternative is for you to look at third party sites for greater discounts:

The final price should be all that matters, not whether you get a coupon or not.

If you must purchase games via the EGS then I don't know what to tell you, you're going to be fishing in a much smaller pool and not all the good games are available there.
The only reason I wanted to buy it on egs is because it would be even cheaper with the coupon.

Vagswarm

Damn, today's free game is the entire Tomb Raider series post reboot. That's pretty good for a giveaway. I bought all 3 separately on Steam earlier this year.

*It says free until January 6th which is the last day of the sale, then it goes to Gods Will Fall. Is that it for the holiday giveaways?

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

JayK47

Hate the new game names. Hard to find in my massive libraries. I look under Tomb Raider and only see the first game and the old games. Cool of them to make all 3 free. I am guessing that any day now we will get Tomb Raider Legendary Edition with all 3 games, higher resolution graphics and added bugs.

Nickolaidas

Is the store running on Tim's PC in his bedroom? POS won't even bring up the main page!
Yeah, apparently that was something a lot of people wanted and it kinda crushed the store, temporarily.

EDIT: Yup, the store flat out says to try again later, because there is a huge transaction number right now.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Lol imagine the low self-esteem of the guy who get regularly jerked off by this chick...

Last edited:

bargeparty

can't believe they're never going to release the 2013 definitive edition on pc. console has terrible camera shake you can't disable.

T-Cake

can't believe they're never going to release the 2013 definitive edition on pc. console has terrible camera shake you can't disable.

What's the difference? I thought it was only a change of Lara's face - primarily it was to get the game running on Xbone and PS4 which couldn't play previous gen games.

bargeparty

What's the difference? I thought it was only a change of Lara's face - primarily it was to get the game running on Xbone and PS4 which couldn't play previous gen games.

For sure there's a bigger difference going from the old gen PS3->PS4 with the definitive, but they made other changes besides the character model. How it stacks up compared to the PC version I'm not completely sure, but you have to assume PS3 to PC were pretty close minus resolution and maybe textures, stuff like that. But they talk about adding dynamics to the world, foliage, physics, particles etc.

Honestly it's even just about the game being multiplatform, so it's only "fair" to release the newer version on all platforms, imo. Oh well.

lmimmfn

Bought:
  1. Farming Sim '22
  2. Kena: Bridge Of Spirits
  3. Marvel's Gaurdians of the Galaxy
Cost me nothing, still have 50euro to spend, couldnt buy FF7 as transaction limit is 50euro grrr.
Long live Epic Game Store and free games :)

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Now that we know there will be no more giveaways during the holiday sale, I ended up getting Death's Door, Inscryption, and Rage 2 for $5-6 a piece. All from word of mouth. Rage 2 was recommended on the Halo Infinite thread and I was always curious about it.

T-Cake

Now that we know there will be no more giveaways during the holiday sale, I ended up getting Death's Door, Inscryption, and Rage 2 for $5-6 a piece. All from word of mouth. Rage 2 was recommended on the Halo Infinite thread and I was always curious about it.

Shame you missed that Rage 2 giveaway in February 2021. :D

Phase

GOG has also been having a good sale if you like to support them. I just filtered shooters and got 6 games for $16.

Strife Veteran Edition
Outwars
Sin Gold
Clive Barker's Undying
Bioshock + Bioshock Remastered

Last edited:

The_Mike

On Gaf we don't conclude from "female" bodies that has oversized muscles, a tiny dick and male on male action in a movie sequence in the game.

No, we do it by measuring hand sizes!

I could imagine the only way to find her hands too huge is because someone would be afraid to see their wiener become a tiny wienie in those women hands.

Top Bottom