• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2 Revealing On March 27th

Lijik

I bet the screenshots will look super early and bad.
And then after the game is released they will put out an art book.
And Warren will apologize for the early screenshots in said art book.
But the only screenshots throughout the book will be the early, bad screenshots for baffling reasons.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm still waiting for the sequel to this:

epicdick.jpg

Excellent! I hope they learn from the mistakes made in Epic Mickey. I am a huge Disney fan and I'd like to see an Epic Mickey that doesn't literally tell me how to solve every puzzle for the first few hours. Worse than fucking Skyward Sword in that regard.

Spike

I really wish they would have found a way to re-release Epic Mickey with the changes that were made by Nintendo Japan.

Santar

That Mickey Epic art looks really nice, would love a clean high res version!

Am I the only on that found the art direction on M;ickey himself kinda ugly?
He just looks odd, except in the comic panel cutscenes, in which he looks good.

Would love it if they could release the updated first game on ps3 and 360.

Sadly I never got a chance to play Epic Mickey (Though I do plan to pick it up eventually), but I'm really excited for a sequel. Two player mode sounds awesome!

Who thinks this will bomb? Many games that started the first game as an exclusive bombed when the sequel went multiplatform.

Depends how the marketing is handled. From what I recall, Nintendo did the big marketing splashes for the first in the EU. Disney will have to pull their finger out.

Elesias

Neo Member
Confirmation received that the game will be focused on Mickey :

"À cette occasion, un invité de marque vous présentera sa nouvelle vision du héros le plus emblématique de la Company."

Well, that says Spector will present his new vision from the most emblematic heroes of the Company.

Any more doubt ? ;-)

BHZ Mayor

Who thinks this will bomb? Many games that started the first game as an exclusive bombed when the sequel went multiplatform.

Mass Effect, although that's probably an exception. If this does bomb, which it probably will, it will be because platformers, particularly 3D ones, don't have much of a market on PS3 and especially 360.

TriGen

Mass Effect, although that's probably an exception. If this does bomb, which it probably will, it will be because platformers, particularly 3D ones, don't have much of a market on PS3 and especially 360.

I think there is a nice sized market for platformers with Sony, the 360 though, I wouldn't even bother. Maybe with Microsoft's shift to Kinect and kids this will sell though, who knows.

radcliff

Does this mean NP issues will be arriving later than usual? Usually I have my issue by the 15th of the month (yesterday). I have not received it yet and I wonder if it has to do with the 3/27th date of the unveiling.

Lijik

Surprised no one is vouching for the original, glad I skipped it.

I played it through three times and had a good time each run. It has some neat ideas here and there and some of the level design is legitimately cool. I also think the character animation is top notch and I get a kick out of just watching some of the models do their thing.
But overall you have to put up with an iffy camera (I didnt find it that bad but it may be due to prolonged exposure to worse cameras in 3D platformers), some dull main levels, largely inconsequential choices, and some of the worst mission design Ive ever seen in a game. There are about 3-4 fetch quest missions for clarabelle cow and everytime the items are in the same locations.
The 2D levels are kind of just there. They arent bad but they arent great either. Theres a few that you need to play multiple times just for basic traversal across the hub towns which is really annoying.

I think its a fun enough game, but its flaws really bring it down and make it hard for me to recommend to other people.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, we know at what time the presentation will begin? It's tomorrow!

Pocks

The timing of this announcement is quite coincidental with the rumor about Wii U NDAs expiring today. I wonder if we'll get any mention of a Wii U version tomorrow.

offspring182

Neo Member
W. Spector was in Paris today about Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Wii/PS360.
He announced a release date: September 26, 2012.

A PC version is in development too.

(source)

Mpl90

PC Version is unexpected. Oh, the Real Deal will be released on 26th September too. Well, Wii spin-off and Real Deal, I'll get both.

Shiggy

PC Version is unexpected. Oh, the Real Deal will be released on 26th September too. Well, Wii spin-off and Real Deal, I'll get both.

The Wii version is the only version that's developed internally at Junction Point.

And PS Vita (what a surprise, yeah) and Wii U are the only platforms that are not supported?

Mpl90

The Wii version is the only version that's developed internally at Junction Point.

And PS Vita (what a surprise, yeah) and Wii U are the only platforms that are not supported?

I know Wii version is developed internally...in fact, all three the home versions are spin-offs compared to the Real Deal.

XD

No, however, I liked a lot the first Epic Mickey, despite the camera and other shortcomings. I felt some pretty good magic in it. And it had a wonderful soundtrack. If they improve what must be improved, we have a great game.

Top Bottom