• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion to be the 1st 3rd Party Retail Game on 3DS eShop in NA

Tar and feather with a paint brush if old.

The retail release will be the first third-party game in North America to get the retail/eShop treatment.

When Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion launches on the 3DS on November 18, you will be able to download it off of the eShop as well as in stores, Disney Interactive revealed at an Epic Mickey event in Disneyland.

The game was previously speculated to be a dual eShop/retail release courtesy of an E3 2012 Investor Q&A that showed a logo for Epic Mickey, as well as logos for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Scribblenauts Unlimited, in a slide where eShop retail downloads were detailed. It was later revealed that the digital comment only referred to first-party games.

In North America, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Art Academy, and Crosswords Plus are the only current retail releases on eShop. Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Star Fox 64 3D are coming to the eShop on October 18. All future Nintendo-published titles will be released on the eShop as well.

It is unknown if Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion will also be released on the eShop in Europe and Japan.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32056

Title changed, thanks to the handsomest mod, whoever you are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mod want to add 3rd party to the title.

I hope it does well. I really would like to see Disney return to their 2D roots. Or just their old school game roots, not just 2d necessarily. It's the game to beat for me right now. I want it more than anything else.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oooh, finally. Pretty good news, I hope to see more and morein the next future.

megalowho

Never again until Nintendo starts tying digital purchases to accounts instead of hardware. It happened to me, it could happen to you!

Eusis

... I hope this isn't holding back Unchained Blades. Though at this point it seems more practical to just get on PSP whenever I care to play it anyway.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
... I hope this isn't holding back Unchained Blades. Though at this point it seems more practical to just get on PSP whenever I care to play it anyway.
I'd love to know what's going on with this release. It probably wasn't the first (JP) retail game specifically announced for DD in North America, but it was certainly the first one I remember hearing about.

If they aren't the holdup, XSEED has got to be pretty frustrated by now. The closer EO4's release date gets, the less likely I am to try UB at all.

18-Volt

Yet I'm still not buying. It looks like very slow and easy platformer game, just like Castle of Illusion on Genesis which I hated. It was nothing compared to Capcpom's Magical Quest series on SNES.

Also what I have here is a handheld almost as powerful as Wii, I'd like to someone actually use that power. I don't wanna play forty dollar Genesis games on my 3DS.

DjRoomba

Banned
This game definately does look too retro for its own good. Mickeys jump takes like 10 seconds for christ sake. Also seems too easy/kid friendly. Ill stick with the epic mickey sequel

AKB48+ME is also seeing a digital release in Japan:

feSNJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/255845242736091137

Majine

Banned
I thought every retail game would be released on the E-shop. There's only 7 on right now (EU), and 4 of those were pre-NSMB2 games like 3D Land and OoT 3D. There can't be only 3 3DS games released since NSMB2, right?

Heropon

I thought every retail game would be released on the E-shop. There's only 7 on right now (EU), and 4 of those were pre-NSMB2 games like 3D Land and OoT 3D. There can't be only 3 3DS games released since NSMB2, right?

Actually, all of them are pre-NSMB2. Art Academy and Freakyforms were released a couple weeks prior to it.

Eric C

It was every NINTENDO published title after NSMB2 would be on the eshop.

3rd parties it's up to them if they want it on the eshop or not.

also

Banned
While digital distribution reduces risks and enables publishers to bring over games they might not have otherwise (Liberation Maiden & Co., Tokyo Jungle...) I will never buy digital if I can get a physical copy, unless it is significantly cheaper/more convenient to do so. I want to actually own the games I buy and not have them tied to a system/account.
It seems Nintendo has no intention of competitively pricing retail games on the eShop, and I doubt 3rd parties will be any better, so it looks like I will be stuck with cartridges for a while longer.

Oh, is that confirmed? I'd always heard mumblings that it was Disney being ornery.

Nomura said that SE, Disney or Utada Hikaru are not the reason for BBS's absence from PSN.

That was posted in February 2011, so it looks like Nomura never figured it out.

While digital distribution reduces risks and enables publishers to bring over games they might not have otherwise (Liberation Maiden & Co., Tokyo Jungle...) I will never buy digital if I can get a physical copy, unless it is significantly cheaper/more convenient to do so. I want to actually own the games I buy and not have them tied to a system/account.
It seems Nintendo has no intention of competitively pricing retail games on the eShop, and I doubt 3rd parties will be any better, so it looks like I will be stuck with cartridges for a while longer.

Nomura said that SE, Disney or Utada Hikaru are not the reason for BBS's absence from PSN.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...ingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/
That was posted in February 2011, so it looks like Nomura never figured it out.
If any quote summed up Square-Enix...

Drago

Good to see some 3rd parties starting to put games up on eShop. Hopefully this won't be the only 3rd party release for this year... Scribblenauts is something I'd love to have with me always. :>

Also, fwiw, I was checking the eShop and noticed that Angry Birds trilogy and Wipeout 3 had 'Price: TBA' on their pages. This was the same case with Epic Mickey, and that's now confirmed for digital release... Activision titles incoming? Probably not, but I'd be happy with an Angry Birds digital release

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Too late Nintendo, I wanted Code of Princess and the like. They are perfect for Digital due to limited print (Plus none exports them here for reasonable prices).

also

Banned
Excellent.

What's the easiest way to transfer my data from my SD card to another?

You need a PC/laptop with an SD slot or an external SD card reader or any other device (cameras...) that has an SD slot and is able to connect to your computer.
Copy the data from your old SD card to your PC/laptop and then simply move that data onto your new SD card.
That's all, there are no restrictions and you don't have to use any content manager or similar programs.

Top Bottom