• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion to be the 1st 3rd Party Retail Game on 3DS eShop in NA

Nice to see third party support finally trickling along. Though technically Professor Layton eShop version is a third party game where the retail one isn't? (I thought Level 5 were publisher on eShop).

Now my question is will they take the (ugh) Mickey and sell it for £40? Probably as Nintendo sets the prices not to be competitive with what UK retailers sell for, but the "suggested"* retail price. Plus, retailer ordering 100,000 copies of game=money in bank now, 100,000 people buying over 2 years = less money in bank now. Similar with the download cards (retailer is only charged on activation).

*-Which is not explicitly stated anywhere.

But gaf told me Disney was against DD o_O
I'm guessing the PS1 games were done under different contract to older stuff which makes it easier for Disney to release (or were done as performances or contract equivalent where Disney own all rights).

I guess the older games are a case of both Virgin Interactive (whatever they are now) and/or Capcom having some sort of rights (or contracted out license) and negotiating costs is a hassle.

But really, who knows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not that you'd want to, but you can buy the majority of Disney's 360/PS3 games on the service like Disney Universe. You can also buy the digital version of Toy Story 3 for PC on Amazon Digital.

Too late Nintendo, I wanted Code of Princess and the like. They are perfect for Digital due to limited print (Plus none exports them here for reasonable prices).
Eh, part of the reason I buy stuff like Code of Princess and Zero Escape VLR is because of the neat pack-in stuff that smaller publishers tend to add in.

You need a PC/laptop with an SD slot or an external SD card reader or any other device (cameras...) that has an SD slot and is able to connect to your computer.
Copy the data from your old SD card to your PC/laptop and then simply move that data onto your new SD card.
That's all, there are no restrictions and you don't have to use any content manager or similar programs.

Oh awesome. I didn't think it was that easy. :eek:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was actually going to get this retail.

Then I realized that I'd have to go to a store since it was Sunday, and it would be WiiU launch day. SO this sounds like a great solution if they actually get it up. Esp if they get it up at midnight like NSMB 2.

Esque7

Too late Nintendo, I wanted Code of Princess and the like. They are perfect for Digital due to limited print (Plus none exports them here for reasonable prices).

I think it's the devs/pubs who decide if they want a game on the eshop. At least that's what Nintendo has been saying. I want to say price is also up the the dev/pub as well, but don't hold me to that.

18-Volt

I think it's the devs/pubs who decide if they want a game on the eshop. At least that's what Nintendo has been saying. I want to say price is also up the the dev/pub as well, but don't hold me to that.

Atlus is a big supporter of digital, they've put every game they released on PSN on PSP, even with doing some crazy discounts. It's pretty surprising not to see Code of Princess as first digital 3rd party game, but after Epic Mickey all of the games like Etrian Odyssey 3, Souls Hackers and SMT 4 will be eShop on day one.

I'm also expecting some sweet sales for them a moment after their release.

Ramune

Really sad if Unchained Blades got pushed back because of this.

That's what I'm thinking. They're putting a recognized brand as the front runner of your new service like they did the first time (Mario). Would they have the front runner be a niche game like Unchained Blades? Sadly, not likely.

Atlus is a big supporter of digital, they've put every game they released on PSN on PSP, even with doing some crazy discounts. It's pretty surprising not to see Code of Princess as first digital 3rd party game, but after Epic Mickey all of the games like Etrian Odyssey 3, Souls Hackers and SMT 4 will be eShop on day one.

You meant EO4?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

You're a remarkable optimist. Are you sure you're not getting eShop confused with Steam?

Atlus has said nothing about getting CoP on eShop, much less EO4 or all those other games that haven't even been announced yet. Given how long Unchained Blades has been MIA, it seems lower-profile releases are still very much up in the air...

Drago

Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver need to be released on the eshop for a discount price.
Well, Pilotwings is coming to the Japanese shop, and that's full price... lol

if it comes to the NA shop it needs to be <$20. Robbery if it isn't

@MUWANdo

Banned
There can't be only 3 3DS games released since NSMB2, right?

In terms of first-party stuff, yeah. In terms of third-party stuff... pretty much. 3DS schedule blows, yo.

AKB48+ME is also seeing a digital release in Japan:

feSNJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/255845242736091137

I just read that the retail game will come with a download code for the digital version. Could this be a sign for things to come (preferably outside of Japan)?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'll wait for the demo to decide on whether or not I even consider getting this, but if I did it would be the digital version.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well, Pilotwings is coming to the Japanese shop, and that's full price... lol

if it comes to the NA shop it needs to be <$20. Robbery if it isn't
$20 might be possible, but I think anyone hoping for great eShop discounts is going to be very disappointed.

Aside from that, Best Buy clearanced off Pilotwings for $5. GameStop was giving away copies with new 3DSXL purchases while supplies lasted. I can't imagine it's a high priority for Nintendo to get this on eShop given there seems to be a ton of supply and no demand...

I just read that the retail game will come with a download code for the digital version. Could this be a sign for things to come (preferably outside of Japan)?
That was a mistranslation.

vall03

first thing that came to mind was Unchained Blades too, also do we have any confirmation on that rumored retail and eShop release for the game? I'd still very much prefer retail over DD.

18-Volt

You meant EO4?

Yeah, whatever.

You're a remarkable optimist. Are you sure you're not getting eShop confused with Steam?

Atlus has said nothing about getting CoP on eShop, much less EO4 or all those other games that haven't even been announced yet. Given how long Unchained Blades has been MIA, it seems lower-profile releases are still very much up in the air...

Maybe I'm an optimist, that's because I did buy Persona 3 Portable for 20$ on PSN 5 months after its release.

Atlus said nothing about eshop but they did say that they were gonna support all digital platforms and release all of the games digital day one if possible (they said that at PSP Go launch). All of their console games (Catherine, Game of Thrones, Operation Darkness etc) are available digitally. It is safe to say that Atlus will bring its titles to 3DS and Wii U eShop.

I can't say anything about Unchained Blades, it's a XSEED game and couple of their previous announcements got missed in action too in the past.

Top Bottom