• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey Receives New Graphical Style [N-CONF]

entremet

e3-2010-disney-epic-mickey-scree-1.jpg

e3-2010-disney-epic-mickey-scree-3.jpg

e3-2010-disney-epic-mickey-scree-2.jpg

e3-2010-disney-epic-mickey-screens-.jpg

Official Preview Site

Previews:
IGN
Joystiq
Kotaku
1up

-Out Holiday 2010
-Drawing and Erasing mechanic
-Hub world and side scrolling levels

I'm anxious to see the game demo. The pointer was definitely off in the on-stage stuff (like it was in the Zelda demo).

I'm also looking forward to a trailer.

JWong

Banned
It's definitely an improvement, but I think the environment could have been improved like what they did to the character model for Mickey. It's still pretty far from the concept art.

The environment doesn't look menacing enough to be dark.

Poona

Ah.. that was so awesome! I was hoping it would make it to the PS3 or 360 though, instead they reconfirmed it being exclusive.

I think I'm going to have to purchase a Wii again after selling it last year. The conference with Epic Mickey (plus Donkey Kong and Kirby), brought me back to the Wii all over again. Definitely much better conference than they had for the 360 I felt.

Boney

Banned
The towns colors were a bit dark to me and jumping felt a bit odd. But bring it on! Loved Warren's speech.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This was maybe the best game in a conference that was almost nothing but amazing games.

Brashnir

Liked the look of the 2d level, liked the things they said about the game, but I thought the 3d area they were in looked absolutely atrocious.

Dead Man

Definitely the highlight for me. 2d levels looked perfect, and looks like the paint/thinner mechanic could be good.

painey

Looked good. There aren't many games on Wii I would ever want to play, but this looks like a new one on the list.

Looked a lot better than the initial reveal. That Steamboat Willie was a major highlight though. Woundn't have minded the whole game being in 2D.

DarkPanda

Mickey looked great, way better than the early screenshots. Love the new 2D sections, and I can't wait to see what that 3rd type of level is.

pringles

Everything they showed and most of all talked about (choices have an impact, rpg-elements, etc.) was magnificent.

I was interested before, but it turned into a must-buy for me today.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Sidescrolling level=awesome awesome awesome
3D level=meh (I'm sure there are better examples, and I can't wait to see them)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
game just rocketed to the top of my most wanted list, and made a crated in the ceiling there.

bravo, Warren.

This and Kirby looked the most interesting to me. Warren's admiration for the material was refreshing compared to every other demo so far with acted emotions or dudebro intensity.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wasn't too impressed by the demo, but the concept of choice and Spector already sold me before.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This generation's Psychonauts in many respects. Mark my words.

Top Bottom