• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ERSB Watch: Prince of Persia Classic rated for the Playstation Network

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I was doing some digging into the ESRB archives, when I happened across this rating:

Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Teen Blood, Violence Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Indeed, it would appear that the Playstation Network users will finally be able to experience one of the best gaming remakes of all time.

Don

Nice. I already have the 360 version but I will get the PS3 version too.
I wonder if it will have trophy support.

Fady K

Cool, PSN is getting the love these days too - thats awesome. Also glad that Penny Arcade's game is coming too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Don said:
Nice. I already have the 360 version but I will get the PS3 version too.
I wonder if it will have trophy support.

Well, I would imagine it would, though it will probably be like Bioshock, transposed achievements.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Fady K said:
Cool, PSN is getting the love these days too - thats awesome. Also glad that Penny Arcade's game is coming too.

Well, yes and no, a lot of third party games have been uncovered, but officially they are un-announced, an excellent example is Sierra Online, they have confirmed that they are making PSN games, the ESRB has revealed three of them, but no actual game announcements yet.

reminder

GeoramA said:
Cool. Now Puzzle Quest needs to hit the PSN.

Also from the ESRB website:

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords D3 Publisher of America, Inc. Everyone 10+ Suggestive Themes Macintosh, Windows PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360

maxax

Shard said:
There is another one with an ESRB rating that remains un-announced.

Whoa, really? They should release it combined with the expansion and trophy support. I would definitely rebuy it.

What about galactrix or whatever, is that anounced as XBLA/PSN at all?

GeoramA

reminder said:
Also from the ESRB website:

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords D3 Publisher of America, Inc. Everyone 10+ Suggestive Themes Macintosh, Windows PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360
Nice!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
maxax said:
Whoa, really? They should release it combined with the expansion and trophy support. I would definitely rebuy it.

What about galactrix or whatever, is that anounced as XBLA/PSN at all?

Maybe that is what they were waiting for, Galactrix is confirmed for the XBLA only at this point, though the game comes out in 2009 and D3/II were not adverse to whoring out the first one in the least.

Hunahan

Banned
This game is fucking awesome, PS-gamers.

Don't miss out.

Takes some getting used to at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to speedrun in no time (which is probably the most addictive aspect of the game).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Loudninja said:
ESRB said they will stop the leaks :lol

I guess they figured shunting a new rating for a new platform into the black catalog was their idea of stopping certain leaks, doesn't work.

Agent X

GeoramA said:
Cool. Now Puzzle Quest needs to hit the PSN.

Yes, indeed!

Prince of Persia Classic is certainly great news (and nice to finally see Ubisoft give PSN some love), but I'd really like for Puzzle Quest to make an appearance on PSN.

maxax

Shard said:
Maybe that is what they were waiting for, Galactrix is confirmed for the XBLA only at this point, though the game comes out in 2009 and D3/II were not adverse to whoring out the first one in the least.
I really don't mind that kind of whoring. PSP and PSN versions shouldn't be too hard to make, and I'd probably buy both (maybe not if it has remote play).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, i nearly forgot but on the subject of Puzzle Quest and the PSN, this rating did pop up on the PEGI.

Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord (Other/Arcade Game)
D3Publisher of Europe ltd (D3P E Ltd)

PlayStation Network

Agent X

Shard said:
Oh, i nearly forgot but on the subject of Puzzle Quest and the PSN, this rating did pop up on the PEGI.

Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord (Other/Arcade Game)

PlayStation Network

Awesome, but they need to get the game out first before worrying about the expansion pack.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh, that would be nice...but only if they could straighten out performance. The 360 version needed some work in that regard.

I hope it's true, I miss the original PoP. My floppies are long since destroyed :lol

I own Puzzle Quest for DS and PSP already but I'd gladly re-buy it on PSN if the price was right.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
It was a damn fine remake. I still prefer the expanded SNES version most of all, I think.

Fuck, the XBLA remake is so fucking good. I don't have a 360 anymore, so when this is available for the PS3 I'll be sure to get it again.

_leech_ said:
The original Price of Persia is good an all, but where the hell is Blackthorne?

Now that you mention it, that would be awesome. Maybe some HD Remakes of Flashback and Out of this World as well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Good to see more 3rd party releases on PSN, even if it's just port of existing stuff. Would be nice if Rez and Ikaruga could get made as well, those games deserve any extra exposure they can get (and I would get an excuse to spend money on them yet again).

Does ESRB rating mean the game is actually definitely being made, or could it be done for the just-in-case situation if Ubi ever decides to do it?

crowphoenix said:
Now that you mention it, that would be awesome. Maybe some HD Remakes of Flashback and Out of this World as well.
HD remake of Another World / Out of this World already exists, but it's PC-only. Done by Eric Chahi himself even.

http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shard said:

PlayStation Network

Puzzle quest on my PSN? :eek:

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Prince of Persia Classic PSN confirmed

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2008/10/prince_of_persia_classic_confi.php

An little article about the PlayStation Network popped up on the UK PlayStation website today, with a nice little tidbit:

A classical Prince

A remake of the original 1989 action adventure that redefined the platform genre, Prince of Persia Classic hits PLAYSTATION Network, enhanced and updated for the High Definition era. Now you can rescue the Princess from the clutches of the evil Jaffar with new character designs, animations, controls, new content and three game modes, including the speed based Normal and Time Attack Modes, and Survival Mode which challenges the most skilled players to complete the game without dying.

Well that settles that then. This was the game that came out on the Xbox Live Arcade mid last year. Nice to see it come out just before the newest Prince of Persia title.

Jim

Tis official... and this week:

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA® CLASSIC FOR PLAYSTATION®NETWORK

The Original 1989 Classic to Debut on the PlayStation®3 with a Next-Gen Makeover

SAN FRANCISCO - October 20, 2008 - Today, Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia® Classic will be releasing on the PlayStation®Network on October 23, 2008. Developed by Ubisoft Sofia, this remake of the groundbreaking, critically acclaimed 1989 game features the original's expansive level design, deadly swordplay, puzzle solving and storyline. Designed with Next-Gen consoles in mind, Prince of Persia® Classic features revamped character designs and animations as well as impressive visual and lighting effects in order to give the game a 3D look. Even longtime fans of the original are sure to be in for a surprise when they come across newly added traps, puzzles and enemies. Prince of Persia® Classic for the PlayStation®Network will have an ESRB rating of "T" for Teen.

About Prince of Persia Classic
While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate - marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate.

Top Bottom