• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESBC (eSports Boxing) July dev update (Tyson Fury announced!!!)

cormack12

Gold Member

Movement mechanics
Movement - dodging punches
Movement - slips
Punching while blocking
Combination punching

Individual punches and custom moves
Innovation

ESBC-gameplay-gif.gif

tenor.gif

Rayderism

Hope this is good, and NOT VR-only. There are actually a few boxing games on PS4......all VR-only, which makes them useless to me, as I have no use for VR games.

Kokoloko85

Eh looks kinda lame. It suffers from he same thing in other boxing games, no realist hitting while moving their feet.

Boxers dont just move and rotate there upper body while there lower body stays still and hit and avoid each other

Stuart360

Is there any reason why they never use motion capture for boxing games?. The punching and movement always looks so stiff and fake.

Having said that, i'd give heaven and earth for a new Fight Night. I hope this boxing game ends uip being decent.

nbkicker

I thinks it more todo with the speed punches and kicks (mma/ufc) are thrown if they where done same speed in a game chances are a lot of people wouldnt have the reactions to block them in time, so they slow them down to give people plenty of time to react etc

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks awesome. I can already tell I'm going to like it.

Then again I'm no boxing expert, so I wont be able to pick it apart like boxing vets. As long as it plays a fun smooth game with some decent stats, that's enough for me. I won't even recognize most of the characters in the game whether they are real or not. I know who Tyson Fury and popular fighters are, but if they inject tons of no-name creations to round out the list I wouldnt notice.

Stuart360

Managaed to pause the vid at the right point at the end where they show the fighters they have. A surprisingly high amount of well known boxers in all the weights.
No Tyson though of course. I hope they at least try and get him for the final game.

Last edited:
not a bad roster. Malinaggi, Vinny Paz, Riddick Bowe.

Welterweights are a little disappointing.

All i know is im gonna knock Ricky Hatton smooth out

Top Bottom