• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escapist's NFS:Rivals Xbox One Gameplay video actually shows PS4 footage...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is the PS4 footage b-roll that has already been released? Maybe they just stuck it in there to mix things up?

It's obvious that it's a totally different race than what she's playing so I doubt they are intentionally trying to fool anyone.

Also, the HUD layout for the EMP/whatever is different in the PS4 footage from what she's playing live. Maybe it's from a different build?

But... it's "representative" of Xbox One footage. :)

Think of it this way; at least they're showing console images instead of stuff from a high powered PC. That's an improvement, right?

Well ignoring the controversy here for a bit, that direct-feed footage is pretty nice. If that's the PS4 version in all its glory then gimmegimmegimme.

Well, the developer said the PS4 version would look better. Should be interesting to see how wide the gap really is.

edit: Interesting the guy says it runs at 1080p natively.

This isn't that surprising. On the Playstation Youtube channel there is the odd time where a video has 360 prompts.

Ohh, I want to see it, share a link.

OT: You know, Escapist doing it is one thing, but the Official Xbox Channel leaving that video up for nearly 2 months? Has anyone tweeted Major or Albert to let them know that their Xbox Channel is showing Playstation 4 footage? PlayStation version must be pretty good, if the competitor is showing it.

dugdug

Banned
If it's really just stock footage, then, why are we seeing stock footage when this thing is out in 2 weeks?

RE_Player

citation needed

Ohh, I want to see it, share a link.

I'm at school and don't want to go through all of Playstation's Youtube channel but it has happened. It's not that interesting to be honest, just a random time a trailer for a third party game shows 360 buttons for a second or two. It's funnier when the comments call it or the description is an obvious copy and paste from the publisher they forget to edit the the other platforms until after it's posted.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me of yesterday's discussions. A lot of gaming 'journalists' have been clashing with gamers and consumers alike, and they (Sessler for example) have the audacity to say that we have made the industry worse. Yet, here we have footage of a game being introduced as gameplay footage for an Xbox One, yet it's running on a completely different console. Are you fucking kidding me? Granted, differences might be negligible, but that isn't the point.

If I am shopping for an MP3 player, a new television, or anything for that matter, how can I be shown that item's supposed functionality by use of another product? it's fucking stupid. What's worse is that they think we're ignorant and they lie to us. It's outrageous. But we will still be blamed for the decline of the industry because we are vocal about our complaints.

A lot of you may find NeoGAF intolerable at times, but I have to say that I truly think it's one of the best outlets for news. I find all of my news stories here. I find more of the "truth" here thanks to DetectiveGAF. I feel more informed just browsing these forums overall. Had I never discovered it, I think I'd be ignorant to the many lies the industry and overall media are engulfed in.

Thanks, GAF.

Honey Bunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMqE9yPDpc

uYetEo4.png

They even tried to black out the PS buttons lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This reminds me of yesterday's discussions. A lot of gaming 'journalists' have been clashing with gamers and consumers alike, and they (Sessler for example) have the audacity to say that we have made the industry worse. Yet, here we have footage of a game being introduced as gameplay footage for an Xbox One, yet it's running on a completely different console. Are you fucking kidding me? Granted, differences might be negligible, but that isn't the point.

If I am shopping for an MP3 player, a new television, or anything for that matter, how can I be shown that item's supposed functionality by use of another product? it's fucking stupid. What's worse is that they think we're ignorant and they lie to us. It's outrageous. But we will still be blamed for the decline of the industry because we are vocal about our complaints.

A lot of you may find NeoGAF intolerable at times, but I have to say that I truly think it's one of the best outlets for news. I find all of my news stories here. I find more of the "truth" here thanks to DetectiveGAF. I feel more informed just browsing these forums overall. Had I never discovered it, I think I'd be ignorant to the many lies the industry and overall media are engulfed in.

Thanks, GAF.

*Applauds*

Thanks, GAF.

You're really getting carried away here. The differences will be hard to spot in a video like this. It's really not that important exactly which version's b-roll footage is being intermixed in with the off screen footage.

netBuff

I'm at school and don't want to go through all of Playstation's Youtube channel but it has happened. It's not that interesting to be honest, just a random time a trailer for a third party game shows 360 buttons for a second or two. It's funnier when the comments call it or the description is an obvious copy and paste from the publisher they forget to edit the the other platforms until after it's posted.

Yeah, this type of stuff happens all the time with both MS and Sony: They get trailers from publishers, sometimes not the right ones so they censor button prompts. From time to time, it doesn't get noticed.

But with a gameplay feature video, captured and cut by a journalistic entity, this is a bigger deal: They really shouldn't claim to be showing Xbone footage when it's actually PS4, considering the current climate of Xbone's graphical capabilities being in question.

RE_Player

But with a gameplay feature video, captured and cut by a journalistic entity, this is a bigger deal: They really shouldn't claim to be showing Xbone footage when it's actually PS4, considering the current climate of Xbone's graphical capabilities being in question.

I agree.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
You're really getting carried away here. The differences will be hard to spot in a video like this. It's really not that important exactly which version's b-roll footage is being intermixed in with the off screen footage.

This isn't the first time this has happened. It doesn't matter what the footage is or how small the differences are. You know, if this sort of thing happens with such small matters, imagine what bigger things are gone unsaid...

jet1911

Yeah, this type of stuff happens all the time with both MS and Sony: They get trailers from publishers, sometimes not the right ones so they censor button prompts. From time to time, it doesn't get noticed.

The direct feed footage is from the b-roll and various trailers of the game. The off screen footage is from the XB1 version.

NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS XBOX ONE (off screen) GAMEPLAY PREVIEW (with various b-roll and trailers direct feed footage)

Better? :p

This isn't the first time this has happened. It doesn't matter what the footage is or how small the differences are. You know, if this sort of thing happens with such small matters, imagine what bigger things are gone unsaid...

Oh dear. Like I said, you're in way too deep here man.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Oh dear. Like I said, you're in way too deep here man.

If you're insinuating I'm some type of conspiracist, I'd be inclined to say that I'm realistic, that's all. I'm not overthinking this, and I shared my valid opinion of the industry, but you're dismissing what I've said as if it's isolated to just this particular video.

If anything, you're just concerned with what's on the surface, and to you that may be enough, but to others it isn't.

Portugeezer

Anything to make the Xbox One look better.

They probably couldn't capture Xbone footage, but why not just leave the interview going with off screen footage?

Top Bottom