• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN's John Saunders has passed away at age 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really loved this guy on air.

Probably the classiest individual on The Sports Reporters, and possibly ESPN as a whole.

Sad day for all involved.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Really shouldn't speculate like this.

Why not? Awareness is a big thing, and typically when a cause of death that is noted as not being suspicious isn't named it's typically because it was a suicide.

John was a legend, one of the greats, and one of few greats left at ESPN.

RIP

Petrae

I used to run karaoke at a place not too far from ESPN, and we occasionally got visitors from the network at the venue. I got the opportunity to meet John once-- he had come in with Chris Berman-- and he was as genuine and personable to meet as I found him to be on the air.

John was a staple at ESPN, and I recall how versatile he was. Very knowledgeable person.

My condolences to his family, his friends, and his colleagues. He will be missed.

jwhit28

This sucks man, Sports Reporters was one of my favorite things about ESPN. I was listening to Rusillo and Kanell when they had Dick Vitale on talking about how Saunders was there during his throat surgery when it was suspected he had throat cancer, and he broke down and cried. Seemed like he was an even better person than he was sports show host.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
RIP. Only 61 too, that's sad. That makes it even scarier for me when I see all these healthy people dying early, yet I got a horrible medical condition and my life span is supposed to be significantly shorter than the average.

-d0hv

John Saunders brought a sense of class and sensibility to ESPN who has predominately gone from reporting the news to debating it.

Watching Hannah Storm report the news was heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom