• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB/PEGI Watch: Call of Duty 1 for PSN, XBLA

Tntnnbltn

Already posted this in the PlayStation Store thread, but thought it might appeal to the Xbox 360 crowd too...

The following classifications appeared today on European ratings website, PEGI:
2w32h09.png

I went back and checked, and the original Call of Duty 1 rating on ESRB has been updated to include Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
9sqd76.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tntnnbltn said:
Already posted this in the PlayStation Store thread, but thought it might appeal to the Xbox 360 crowd too...

The following classifications appeared today on European ratings website, PEGI:
2w32h09.png

I went back and checked, and the original Call of Duty 1 rating on ESRB has been updated to include Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
9sqd76.png

Yea, that rating has been on the ESRB for awhile, not sure what to make of it.

Tntnnbltn

Shard said:
Yea, that rating has been on the ESRB for awhile, not sure what to make of it.
I remember seeing it back there previously. The PEGI rating is definitely new though (XBLA version still shows up in their 'New Games' blurb on the main page) and actually specifies the PSN/XBLA bit though.

Sean

Banned
This would be a nice pre-order bonus for Modern Warfare 2. Won't happen though cause Activision is greedy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I loved Call of Duty 1 back when it first came out.

If my memory isn't deceiving me it'd still hold up relatively well today, especially as an downloadable title.

Sean said:
This would be a nice pre-order bonus for Modern Warfare 2. Won't happen though cause Activision is greedy.

lol. They don't "owe" you a bonus. They owe you good games. Which is something you can slag them off on or not.

sullytao

Hell Yes. This is the only COD in the main series that I am yet to play. I planned to get it on Steam at some point but I like this idea better. I hope they include the multiplayer aswell. I heard good things about that back in the day.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
COD1 was the best game ever when it came out.
I still remember that Stalingrad scene. Soooo epic.

You just get a handful of bullets. :lol :lol

Having played and completed 2/3/4 and I will get World At War at some point, im quite looking forward to this, hopefully the expansion pack is included too..

Eric WK

Stoney Mason said:
lol. They don't "owe" you a bonus. They owe you good games. Which is something you can slag them off on or not.

Where did Sean say they owe us a bonus? I guess his accusation of greed implies that, but I don't think he really meant it that way.

bengraven

I'm excited about this. I played the first few levels of the CoD demo back in the day, but never picked up the entire game. I loved CoD2 and 4 though. I'll be picking this up day 1.

I loved CoD1, few missions I used to love playing over and over. The one where you infiltrate a German dam comes to mind, I used to sneak about humming the 007 tune to myself :D

Llyranor

I thought CoD1 had a bunch of pretty memorable set pieces, more than I can say for 2 or 4. Pegasus Bridge, Red Square, Pavlov's house, taking the Reichstag. And some pretty moving music to accompany those scenes.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
It's a nice bonus but after the intensity people playing the PC version have witnessed I doubt it'll be the same on the consoles.

With UO added it could be cool though, that one was less about how good you could aim.

Red

Guybrush Threepwood said:
I love Call of Duty 1

More FPSs need health packs. Automatic health regeneration is so dumb.
But healthpacks aren't, nope.

This would be pretty cool.

Wonder how they're going to fit this into 350MB.... unless this is going to be another title that gets a pass on the XBLA size limit.

If the price is right, I might pounce of this. CoD4 was so awesome that going back and playing CoD1 doesn't sound all that appealing, but if it's priced accordingly or if it has enough extra staff included, it might be a good deal.

sullytao

_leech_ said:
Wonder how they're going to fit this into 350MB.... unless this is going to be another title that gets a pass on the XBLA size limit.

If the price is right, I might pounce of this. CoD4 was so awesome that going back and playing CoD1 doesn't sound all that appealing, but if it's priced accordingly or if it has enough extra staff included, it might be a good deal.

Given how popular COD is these days I can easily see MS letting it through. Unless they have a phobia to money lol.

The original is amazing, I love the start of the Russian campaign when you can die from the airplane strafe on the boat and then they don't give you a gun and for like 10 minutes you just chase a guy around dying and respawning over and over and you can't even shoot back.

It just drills into your head, "you are not the hero, if you where in this situation in real life you would be dead."

neight

Banned
I bet the reason this game was so big was because of the audio. They'll probably just compress everything into 64kbps mp3 or something.

United offence
BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT
BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT BASE ASSAULT
BASE ASSAULT

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I wonder if it saddens IW to see Activision whoring out Call of Duty in any way possible. No wonder IW's ditched the name completely.

sullytao

sykoex said:
I wonder if it saddens IW to see Activision whoring out Call of Duty in any way possible. No wonder IW's ditched the name completely.

They probably dont mind there work getting more distribution (providing it isnt gimped). Having a name they developed, and put almost all the hardwork into, only to confuse fans by having an awesome game one year and a weaker game the next probably doesnt make them smile though.

_leech_ said:

Fitted under 700mb on the PC years ago. Shouldn't be much problem on XBOX live now.

Top Bottom