• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Ratings: Machinarium coming to Vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Leaked via ESRB, so hopefully it's true;

c9QzB.png

It was announced a long time ago for the ps3, vita is news though. Great news actually. Point and click games and touchscreen just go together.

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, that kinda makes me wish I didn't play the PC verison. I don't really play any point and click puzzle games anymore, but I loved Machinarium. I only needed a guide for the last puzzles and they are awful anyway. But the game is great.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Already own it on iPad and Steam - not for me, but its great seeing them spreading the love.

It's a fantastic game for those who haven't played it but unless they change the puzzles or add in some new scenarios I'm not sure I'd buy it again.
Now Sony fans can solve impossible puzzles.
There was one really ridiculous puzzle that I was stuck on for days and then solved by accident but other than that one they were pretty well thought out.

GhaleonQ

Sure! As some point, I can't see how it's worthwhile. Near-simultaneous multiplatform launches allow for choice; staggered releases only pick up stragglers. Still, sure!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

been wanting to play this for sooo long, but I have been slacking.

Koralsky

PS3 version was supposed to be released in February :/

They promise the game will have Move support.

I've already beat PC version, but I was ready to buy the game day 1 in February.

I'm still hoping will get the game on Sony platform in a couple of months...

Agent X

I was wondering why the game was taking so long to arrive on PS3. I have a hunch they want to launch the Vita version simultaneously. If that's the case, then hopefully they'll have a "buy one, get both" deal.

nasos_333

It was announced a long time ago for the ps3, vita is news though. Great news actually. Point and click games and touchscreen just go together.

Does Vita use a stylus ?

I remember Machinarium was a bit unforgiving in the precision needed to perform some actions

Would be a bit crude to play it with finger touch

Great news though that an adventure is coming to consoles, maybe we get more of those, it is a genre missing from consoles in a big way

epmode

Does Vita use a stylus ?

I remember Machinarium was a bit unforgiving in the precision needed to perform some actions

Would be a bit crude to play it with finger touch
It definitely plays better with a mouse but it's still pretty good on an iPad.

Either way, the controls aren't a high point for any version. And I say that as someone who absolutely loves the game.

nasos_333

It definitely plays better with a mouse but it's still pretty good on an iPad.

Either way, the controls aren't a high point for any version. And I say that as someone who absolutely loves the game.

Surly, the controls are definatly not critical in such a game

Top Bottom