• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB: Super Mario Galaxy rated for Wii U VC

Murrah

Banned
Curious as to why they released 2 on the eShop so far ahead of 1 if there wasn't an HD port happening. Kinda bizarre how the two Zelda games are their only HD remasters this gen.

maxcriden

Yay! Thanks for the good news, HOL! One more Wii game I can sell the physical copy of. Keep 'em coming, Nintendo! Epic Yarn next pls! 😊

zigg

Not possible with the star bit shit.
Also pull stars, which are pretty great and a critical piece of the SMG design.

EDIT: Also the bubble levels.

EDIT EDIT: Also the rolling ball levels, which, okay, aren't super great.

Also I really enjoyed Star Bits. They make many of the animations of Mario launching here or there a little minigame. Never a break in the action.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also also I know you could map it to a button, but mapping the spin jump to the Wii Remote was brilliant and I feel like I'm missing something every time I hit a shoulder button to spin jump in a lesser game.

zigg

You know what, just thinking back, so much of what made SMG great was Wii-Remote-derived, I would have that game no other way

Lebon14

It's Wii emulation, which means going in Wii mode and using Wii mote

Stop with the misinformation. It's a Wii-game that you start from teh Wii U menu and that runs in Wii mode. Ie. Run with retrocompatibility mode. Not emulation. It runs on hardware.

Geez.

Ridley327

If zombiu can work on other consoles, something as inconsequential as starbits should be sorted out.

It's not just star bits that require the Wiimote, as there's a lot of bonus galaxy stuff designed around it.

Not that it matters here, since this is just an ISO dump of the Wii game with no alterations.

AdanVC

The GOAT. The GAME. The videogame that definided a generation... and it's only a simple VC release.

You know Nintendo should had remastered this game in HD instead of Twilight Princess...

RK128

Cool :); now Wii U owners who don't want to get Mario Galaxy physically can get the game digitally now.

The original and its sequel are some of the best Mario's ever made, so I hope people enjoy the original if they never played it before :D.

v1perz53

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also also I know you could map it to a button, but mapping the spin jump to the Wii Remote was brilliant and I feel like I'm missing something every time I hit a shoulder button to spin jump in a lesser game.

Eugh, could not disagree more. My biggest pet peeve is mapping digital actions to a motion waggle, so unnecessary. Means I can't rest the controller comfortably in my lap because I have to constantly shake it for an action where a button would've served the same purpose. Same with DKCR or Twilight Princess sword. If you're gonna make me use a "motion control" at least have it have something to do with the actual motion.

Top Bottom