• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ET found in landfill [Xbox troll = ban]

Major sure knows how to pull off a hard hat.

BmK7FHpIMAE5dTA.jpg

Awesome picture

thefro

The real question is how many Atari carts are buried (are they really millions?) and what % are E.T.

I don't think it's a surprise they found some E.T. cartridges. There was enough reliable reporting that Atari dumped something there.

Frolow

Banned
*turns chair backwards*

Okay team, we all appreciate a good "zinger" here at the Neo Gaming Age Forums, but after three posting attempts to derail a thread about a historical documentary with, "ha, and then they should throw the Xbox Ones in the landfill, because Microsoft can't sell them and a landfill is where you put the garbage (xbox ones)" we kind of get it.

Its all a cover up so they can dump unsold/traded in 360 keep kinects in the landfill and not tell anyone.

Maybe they will find some of those 900k xb1 there also

Great timing you two. No wonder /r/xboxone hates this place.

Rizzi

So.. I mean now they've just got a hell of a lot of copies of ET.
That is more copies of ET in the world. Those monsters.

The original cartridges were from a factory in El Paso, TX driven to the desert and unburied. In 2009 I drove from El Paso to Sierra Vista, AZ. New Mexico would be the perfect drive to "middle of no where". Some seem to be confusing the actually factory location with the ultimate dump destination.

7threst

The real question is how many Atari carts are buried (are they really millions?) and what % are E.T.

I don't think it's a surprise they found some E.T. cartridges. There was enough reliable reporting that Atari dumped something there.

If I'm not mistaken, Atari never even denied that and said they used that spot for defect cartridges or something. They did deny dumping truckloads full of ET carts there though.

Top Bottom