• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ET found in landfill [Xbox troll = ban]

After going through this thread and seeing all the people banned for making jokes about the Xbox One, I almost feel like I should say something like, "The Xbox One is a legitimate gaming console" or "They definitely wouldn't fill that landfill with Xbox Ones!" or maybe even "ESRAM is a beautiful concept that will really give the PS4 the what-for!"

Almost.

Synth

After going through this thread and seeing all the people banned for making jokes about the Xbox One, I almost feel like I should say something like, "The Xbox One is a legitimate gaming console" or "They definitely wouldn't fill that landfill with Xbox Ones!" or maybe even "ESRAM is a beautiful concept that will really give the PS4 the what-for!"

Almost.

I have no idea why you would want to chance making this post.

jond76

Banned

Almost.

So you're basically doing the same thing, just with sarcasm. Got it.

Anyway, has the documentary been dated yet?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Almost.

But you just did....

Ha! TeeFury's t-shirt of the day is about this. (Sorry, hotlinking the image isn't working right, you'll have to click the link to see it.)

http://www.teefury.com/

Looks like they'll have another upcoming one about it too (bottom of image).

1399481643_pacalin-1.jpg

slit

I can't believe nobody has tried to make another major game with the ET license. I mean with the infamy surrounding the original, you would think someone would try and rectify that and make some headlines doing it.

border

I can't believe nobody has tried to make another major game with the ET license. I mean with the infamy surrounding the original, you would think someone would try and rectify that and make some headlines doing it.

There were other ET games. I would suspect that making one today would probably be impossible. Games are too expensive to just slap a vintage licensed property on some garbage game and have it sell enough units to show a profit. And the property isn't hot enough for a publisher to make a AAA ET game.

ETCoverUS-1.jpg

13671_front.jpg

border

There are still over 700,000 games buried the in landfill outside of Alamogordo, NM, but they'll stay there... for now.

What a load of crap. The only interesting part of the "myth" was the idea that there was an ocean of dead cartridges down there.......but they didn't even bother to confirm that part. So we're still left speculating as to the actual size and scale of the mass grave.

Top Bottom