• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V, Strange Journey Redux, and Radiant Historia 3DS coming to NA/EU

I can't see DQ11 not coming they freaking did VII and VIII which are much worse expected sales wise as remakes, one of which is available on phones at the same time. Unless you think they might only do a Switch version for the Western release?

Alboreo

I'm so excited for all three! I was honestly beginning to worry about EO5, it's been a while...

Day one for all three.

I can't see DQ11 not coming they freaking did VII and VIII which are much worse expected sales wise as remakes, one of which is available on phones at the same time. Unless you think they might only do a Switch version for the Western release?

I don't doubt it will be a Switch only release.

The PS4 version I'm pretty sure will come, at least that.

vareon

It's funny that I was ready to leave 3DS forever, but Nintendo and Atlus was like "yeah I hope you'll spend 300 more hours on that device".

Lynx_7

Great news, I was getting a bit worried for Etrian V.

Damn what are thirsty Atlus fans going to whine about now? :)

PC ports when? Where's my DDS HD collection? Nocturne HD? SMT 1 and 2 remakes? Persona 1-4 PS4 ports?

Step it up Atlus-senpai.

UltraBosh64

Neo Member
Kinda glad I didn't jump into Strange Journey or Radiant Historian yet. Bought them over a year ago with every intention to play them. Now I'll buy these day one, and maybe actually get around to them shortly after.

Azuran

Banned
Looks like I have no choice but to buy a New 3DS now. Now I'm absolutely sure I'll get a lot of mileage out of with these games and Pokemon.

mrmickfran

Really should get to playing the Etrian games.

Put like 2 hours into the Untold 1 demo and enjoyed it.

Will also get Strange Journey as I've never played it. Radiant Historia seems redundant.

Shirke

Welp, looks like my 3DS is going for another year. Still gotta get SMT Apocalypse after I finish SMT 4 and finish up EO Untold 2.

sphinx

the piano man
how can we ask atlus if they'll release these games in PAL territories?

like, do they have a twitter account or something?

this would be a huge slap on the face if they localized this and ignore europe, like "lol sorry we don't do PAL anymore"

Rua

The regret is starting to sink in. (From selling my 3DS.)

Fine Nintendo, I'll buy your New 2DS.

Producer

damn, thats great, i never lost hope for EO5!

Though i wish i could get more excited for Strange Journey. Last i heard they added save anywhere and will probably fuck up the dungeons...

finalhour

Made my night, thanks Atlus! I am definitely in for EOV. The other two, it might depend on what they change/improve. I kind of bounced off of both of them on the DS.

Newk86

Wait wait wait, going by the Pokémon threads, I thought the 3DS was an insult to humanity. Why are developers still releasing games for it? Where are the Switch ports? Is Switch doomed?

I feel there are a few Switch early adopters who were previously Wii U owners and are taking out some angst on the 3DS. Unfairly so. They more than anyone should realise how it hurts when your console is killed, yet here they are incessantly calling for the 3DS to die all the same.

It's just a bit over the top is all. All I want as a 3DS fan is just an opportunity to play those last few titles that have already been developed or have been in development for the system.

Surely a slightly updated version of a 3DS game to be released on 3DS in Pokemon Ultra S/M, or likewise Monster Hunter (is cross gen anyway) is not that big a deal.

... Whew, I was definitely worried that we'd never see EOV in the US, and as a fan of the series I very much want to play it! It's great that it will be releasing here, and I'll definitely get it.

(I wonder, will we also get Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2? I know it's not out yet in Japan so they wouldn't announce it now, but despite its simplicity I did enjoy the first one so I hope so.)

Alboreo

Great news, I was getting a bit worried for Etrian V.

PC ports when? Where's my DDS HD collection? Nocturne HD? SMT 1 and 2 remakes? Persona 1-4 PS4 ports?

Step it up Atlus-senpai.

This, but gonna specify PC ports of Etrian Odyssey. ;o

In all seriousness, they're porting everything I wanted so I'm good for now unless they want to make new titles/collections in series.

redcrayon

how can we ask atlus if they'll release these games in PAL territories?

like, do they have a twitter account or something?

this would be a huge slap on the face if they localized this and ignore europe, like "lol sorry we don't do PAL anymore"
I suspect Deep Silver will release them here, but if it's anything like 7th Dragon or SMTIV:A, they will be months later and the print run will be absolutely minuscule, selling out in a matter of days.

Top Bottom