• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey x Mystery Dungeon confirmed for localization in the US?

I will repost the discussion in the topic of the game:

Just got an e-mail from Play Asia advertising this game with an english title of Etrian Mystery Dungeon and logo, claiming it's the NA version of the game.

Link

Well, seems quite legit. English screens too.

Description:
Far off in the mountains, the small village Aslarga becomes a hub for adventurers looking for fame and fortune from the Mystery Dungeons. But dire challenges await even the most stalwart adventurers in Etrian Mystery Dungeon, a turn-based action RPG roguelike developed by ATLUS and Spike Chunsoft. The Nintendo 3DS™ exclusive mixes Etrian Odyssey’s vast RPG party and skill customization aspects, and Mystery Dungeon’s infinitely random dungeon adventures. There’s no hand-holding in Etrian Mystery Dungeon. The action/turn based combat means that battling monsters is not just about using the right skills, but becomes an elegant Pas de Quatre of strategic positioning. Players form their parties with familiar Etrian Odyssey classes, such as Landsknecht and Runemaster, customize individuals using Etrian-style skill trees, and then take up to four members into the dungeons. Always randomized with various levels and paths, the dungeons require plenty of exploration, not to mention the incredible loot rewards -- just be wary of what waits among the deepest depths.

Features:
  • Infinite Dungeons to Explore - Etrian Mystery Dungeon incorporates the random map feature, which changes the floor terrain each time a player enters the dungeon. This core mechanic, inherited from the Mystery Dungeon series, challenges the players with a new maze and stronger monsters every time, offering them unlimited replayability!
  • Attention to Detail - The Etrian Odyssey tradition of party customization is in full effect for Etrian Mystery Dungeon. After the first journey as a Landsknecht, players can freely choose their party of 4 from up to 10 different class types. While each class has a unique skill set of its own, characters can also unlock new skills through skill trees
  • Not Your Grandfather’s Combat - The unique perspective in Etrian Mystery Dungeon means that special care will have to be given when selecting party members and upgrading their abilities. With dungeons chock full of enemies and all the loot and money collected at stake, being 100 percent certain in your party’s abilities is crucial for making it out alive

Product details:
Price: US$39.99
Release Date: Mar, 2015
Genre: RPG
Version: US
ESRB Rating: Everyone 10
Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.

Screens:
etrian-mystery-dungeon-392435.3.jpg

etrian-mystery-dungeon-392435.4.jpg

etrian-mystery-dungeon-392435.5.jpg

And box-art:

Guess this was a given but nice to see it confirmed. Now, the question is how long I (as an EU citizen) must wait to play it.

Hoping for a quick turnaround from NA to PAL release like with Persona Q. Hoping it's standard procedure from now on with Atlus releases.

Jawmuncher

Guess this was a given but nice to see it confirmed. Now, the question is how long I (as an EU citizen) must wait to play it.

Hoping for a quick turnaround from NA to PAL release like with Persona Q. Hoping it's standard procedure from now on with Atlus releases.

What has been the hold up before anyway in the past?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I suppose they'll confirm this, EOU2 and EOV for the West in the same day (it was theorized by another poster back when EOV was announced).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What has been the hold up before anyway in the past?

Atlus didn't have an EU branch IIRC, so they had to get someone else to do each of their games.

Sega West on the other hand is headquartered out of Europe and is arguably on par in terms of importance with the game branch in Japan.

mrmickfran

Atlus translates everything for the west. I still can't believe they're actually localizing Persona 4 Dancing.

Bless you Atlus.

Sorry Europe :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Atlus translates everything for the west. I still can't believe they're actually localizing Persona 4 Dancing.

Bless you Atlus.

Sorry Europe :(

Well, Sega just released two Miku games in the West and actually spent more money localizing the second so this isn't exactly out of character.

L~A

I suppose they'll confirm this, EOU2 and EOV for the West in the same day (it was theorized by another poster back when EOV was announced).

And that poster was... me! :p

I'll also add a bonus: wouldn't be surprised if they also announced localisation for Devil Survivor 2 : Break Record. Atlus USA did tease it in their New-Year greeting card, many months ago.

Now the question is: when are they going to announce all that? Pretty soon, if Play-Asia got their hand on English screens and press material.

If this is getting localized then EOU2 and EOV are guarantees, though I had no doubt those two would come here in the first place. Really glad about EMD, though.

Edit:

And that poster was... me! :p

I'll also add a bonus: wouldn't be surprised if they also announced localisation for Devil Survivor 2 : Break Record. Atlus USA did tease it in their New-Year greeting card, many months ago.

Now the question is: when are they going to announce all that? Pretty soon, if Play-Asia got their hand on English screens and press material.
I trust it will happen, but still, please bring it here Atlus!

Well now this is exciting news right here. I had some slight doubts this might come over but I'm glad to see I was wrong.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hey, it's not Amazon.ca for once. I guess "Etrian Mystery Dungeon" is a good enough name that incorporates both series.
Well, anyway, looking forward to it.

It's amusing to see this so hastily shown in English and yet Square-Enix can't figure out how to localize Bravely Default or Dragon Quest.

L~A

^

That's exactly what it is.

My condolences to all suffering Atlus fans in Europe. :(

Ha ha, it could be much worse. I mean, all games are pretty much guaranteed to come out here (unlike during the DS era... hello EO2 and 3!). And Persona Q did come out 3 days after the NA.

Things are improving, and hopefully it's not just a one-off thing.

Kazerei

Banned
Woohoo! Although that logo looks weird. The gradient and path of the "Mystery Dungeon" text is kinda amateurish.

duckroll

I edited in the product details and descriptions from the English listing to the OP. Might be helpful for those unfamiliar with what this is.

Nachos

she's the shopkeep for the game?

sweet

uhh oh yeah the localization, pls be true

I made a thread about new details a little while ago. Her name's Risley.

Woohoo! Although that logo looks weird. The gradient and path of the "Mystery Dungeon" text is kinda amateurish.
Yeah, not really a fan of the hand-drawn letters in "Etrian," and I think the E in "Dungeon" could be moved a little.

Maybe they could've gone with an old-style or transitional serif to complement the humanist sans-serif in the subtitle? Though I won't be looking at the logo that much, anyway.

eojoko

Day One.

Love Etrian Odyssey and like Mystery Dungeon. Probably as excited about this as I was about Fire Emblem in 2013. Late winter/early spring is rpg season.

KiTA

They don't call Sekaiju no Meikyuu "Etrian Odyssey" in Japan, do they?

I thought we knew this was coming the second we saw that in the trailer.

Top Bottom