• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN MARCH SALE - PS+ Double Discounts & More - 370+ items!

eizarus

Banned
Hows the new Deus Ex.

damn it Sony! Springing a sale just when I got better at not buying tons of games

*Splinter

Hmm might be time to pick up Hyper Light Drifter.

Inside is the one that's like Limbo right? That will be tempting too, although I suspect it will come to PS+ eventually.

What format we talking? Looking over my trophy list for some good recommendations:

Guacamelee is a fun, silly action-combat-platform-adventure about a Mexican luchador wrestler who has to battle Carlos Calaca, lord of the dead who kidnaps El Presidente's daughter on the day of the dead. A really fun Metroidvania with perfect controls and great level design.

Slain: Back from Hell is a brilliant tribute to retro games of the past which is like a cross between Castlevania (the original linear games) and the harshness of Dark Souls. It has really great enemy design, simple but rewarding combat and challenging but never unfair level design. I need to finish this game, but I absolutely bloody love it.

Neverending Nightmares
is a simple but twisted 2D horror game that's unlike anything else I've played. You play a man trapped in a series of nightmares (well, duh) and almost every time you die or progress you wake back up in the same bed but something has changed. It's not a long game but it has some really great creepy imagery and some weird shit that kind of got under my skin.

The Fall is an adventure about an AI suit of armour that crashes on an alien planet and is trying to get medical aid for the armour's occupant. It plays like a cross between Limbo and a 1990s LucasArts adventure, with a lot of action and platforming, but also some interesting puzzles which IMO had just the right level of difficulty without being too simple or too obscure. It has really great presentation as well, for a very small-scale indie game.

Don't think any of these are in the sale; just a few great indie games which are well worth checking out.

Edit - I tell a lie; both The Fall and Guacamelee are on sale.

Thanks.
I have all 3 platforms. Slain looks good, I've played guacamelee , was very fun. Others don't seem to be my type of game, stuff like Limbo I find fun, but I tend to drop them since they become pretty stale mid game.

ArmGunar

Nothing for me but it doesn't matter, I have Horizon and soon Mass Effect !
After that NieR and Persona 5

But I'll wait for Batman Telltate, Ratchet and The Order for 9.99€

Lime

Dragon-quest builders or Grand kingdom? And anyone know what the remote play control schemes are like?

Grand Kingdom is good if you like turnbased party RPGs à la Valkyrie Profile.

Both are Vita titles as well so they are easily playable on Vita's control scheme.

Benedict

Was a bit interested in Caladrius Blaze but as I understand it's view on women and objectification of them is really horrible and I won't support that kind of developers.
Will put my money in other games instead.

Fliesen

Sorry if this has been answered before, but:

Do i need to spend those 50€ on software, or can i just load 50€ into my PSN store 'wallet' and be eligible for the april bonus?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but:

Do i need to spend those 50€ on software, or can i just load 50€ into my PSN store 'wallet' and be eligible for the april bonus?

You need to spend it. You also can't spend it in in game stores, like how with SFV you can only get the DLC from the in game shop.

Murdoch

Sony can't do much wrong at the minute can they? Great new h/w releases. Firmware updates are on point. EXCELLENT exclusive titles rolling out the gates at the moment and these sales are inflating my backlog to monumental levels. Keep up the good work : )

Fliesen

You need to spend it. You also can't spend it in in game stores, like how with SFV you can only get the DLC from the in game shop.

... meh. so hadn't i preordered Horizon digitally, it would've counted? :)
sadly, there's no games that i'd buy for 50€ just to have an even longer backlog for when i'm done with Zelda ... that game + Horizon will keep me busy for the next month...

thanks for clearing things up, though :)

... meh. so hadn't i preordered Horizon digitally, it would've counted? :)
sadly, there's no games that i'd buy for 50€ just to have an even longer backlog for when i'm done with Zelda ... that game + Horizon will keep me busy for the next month...

thanks for clearing things up, though :)

I think Horizon preorders were mentioned in the T&C's as counting towards it.

Edit: Yeah, it basically says that anything on the store, as well as any preorders of Horizon made before release date, count towards the promo.

Hows the new Deus Ex.

damn it Sony! Springing a sale just when I got better at not buying tons of games

I realy liked it. But it really is more of the same. If you liked Human Revolution there is a good chance you will like this as long as you arnt expecting large changes to the formula.

Hutchie

I want my super monkey ball discount! Oh well will wait until the 22nd to see what else is in store.

Ps anyone who hasnt got odin's sphere, buy it!

Anyone played Hard Reset - Bishop, was it you or Black070 who bought it a few months ago? I didn't like their Shadow Warrior remake all that much, but I prefer the style and look of Hard Reset.

I'm circling around Azbu, Inside, Oxenfree and the Witness. Thoughts? I know the Witness is somewhat critically acclaimed, but what about the other titles?

Zaru

Just got weak and bought Diablo 3, Salt & Sanctuary, Inside, Hyper Light Drifter and.... SK Estival Versus.

Fliesen

I think Horizon preorders were mentioned in the T&C's as counting towards it.

Edit: Yeah, it basically says that anything on the store, as well as any preorders of Horizon made before release date, count towards the promo.

sweeeeet! Thanks for the info!

I'm circling around Azbu, Inside, Oxenfree and the Witness. Thoughts? I know the Witness is somewhat critically acclaimed, but what about the other titles?

Abzu is a gorgeous and inventive underwater adventure which is very much like Journey, if you've played that one. It's fairly linear and progression is quite straightforward, but it's a beautiful game which creates an amazing underwater environment and is all about exploration.

Inside is Limbo V2. If you're not familiar with that, it's a 2.5D platform adventure about a boy who starts off in a forest escaping captors, and it's full of simple logic puzzles which typically involve levers or pressure plates. The plot is minimal but very interesting and it's a short adventure which wraps in under 2 hours for a single playthrough.

Oxenfree I have not played more than a couple of hours, but I guess the best way to describe it is a 2D Telltale game about a group of teenagers who go to stay at an isolated island and find out that there is supernatural stuff going on there. It's very well written and has strong 80s influences.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, you bastards.

I've blown money on For Honour, Torment, and Nier: Automata already this month.

I didn't have the cash to buy Hyperlight Drifter and The Witness too, goddammit. This thread made me find the cash. Bastards.

Ikon

Limbo + Inside is really tempting!

However I've got a couple thousand hours worth of unplayed games just waiting for me already. Doing my best to avoid adding to those... but it's hard!

SMG

Anyone played Hard Reset - Bishop, was it you or Black070 who bought it a few months ago? I didn't like their Shadow Warrior remake all that much, but I prefer the style and look of Hard Reset.
Hard Reset is terrible. No personality and little variation in the enimes. Simple, drab environments.
I have a soft spot for middling FPS but I couldn't stand HR.

danthefan

Valkyria Chronicles for 8 euro... Yeah think I'll have to.

I have it on PC though already. But I want to play on the couch.

Top Bottom