• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN MARCH SALE - PS+ Double Discounts & More - 370+ items!

sw26

Dead Rising 3 was released on PS4?

Yeah it's confusingly titled in that it's 1, 2 and Off the Record, that is what the store calls it though!

Edit - No apparently I'm seeing things and it's called 'Triple Pack'. Oh well.

CrayToes

Pretty weak sale for me. Was hoping for RE5/RE Triple pack to go on offer. Was secretly hoping for an early discount on For Honor too.

Greddleok

Damn Diablo 3 has a low price. I'm really tempted, but I'm scared it'll turn into one of those games I play, but don't actually enjoy.

Tizoc

Megaman Legacy is fine last I played it. If you want classic Megaman goodness, def. grab it.

Yeah it's confusingly titled in that it's 1, 2 and Off the Record, that is what the store calls it though!

Edit - No apparently I'm seeing things and it's called 'Triple Pack'. Oh well.

I was just teasing mate ;)
Enjoy the games. I played DR2 and rather enjoyed it. I plan on playing DR1 and 3 in due time.

Noticed rise of the tomb raider is on as a deal of the week special as well for £19.99. It wasn't this cheap in the 12 days of Christmas sale last year was it?

No. It was either £22.49 or £24.99.

I think it was £22.49. However, this offer will end midnight tonight I believe, as it was the Deal of the Week which started last Wednesday.

Picked up the Dead Rising Trilogy for £20, hovering over a few others.

I'm tempted to pick up one of these. Thinking of the first game because it's more highly acclaimed, although I did play and enjoy the second game years ago so I'm wondering if I should stick with that.

Pretty weak sale for me. Was hoping for RE5/RE Triple pack to go on offer. Was secretly hoping for an early discount on For Honor too.

Resi 5 has been on sale at least twice so far. And expecting a discount on For Honor so soon is not realistic - typically the only AAAs that get discounts on PSN shortly after launch are either Sony or Square Enix releases.

GODDAMN IT.

I bought Neon Chrome for £12 the other day, now it's £4.

Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much since FINALLY there are PSP & PS1 games on sale! Yay. There's actually like £30 of stuff I might buy in this sale.

TimFL

Resi 5 has been on sale at least twice so far. And expecting a discount on For Honor so soon is not realistic - typically the only AAAs that get discounts on PSN shortly after launch are either Sony or Square Enix releases.
Watch_Dogs 2 was 33% off not even a week after its release.

Joni

That Team17 Indie Collection seems like a steal. I'll consider Batman - The Telltale Series - Season Pass and Gravity Badgers as well, the latter mainly due to stupid title.

Rellik

That Team17 Indie Collection seems like a steal. I'll consider Batman - The Telltale Series - Season Pass and Gravity Badgers as well, the latter mainly due to stupid title.

Batman is good if you can get over the terrible performance.

Watch_Dogs 2 was 33% off not even a week after its release.

Sure; I did say "typically". And Watch Dogs is an exception because it was an obvious flub at retail so Ubisoft were obviously trying to get more digital sales, of which they get a bigger piece of the pie.

sw26

I was just teasing mate ;)
Enjoy the games. I played DR2 and rather enjoyed it. I plan on playing DR1 and 3 in due time.

Ha I thought you might be!

I'm looking forward to DR1 in particular, as someone who didn't own a 360 last gen I always wanted to try it out just because I find the structure of the game so interesting.

Is Salt and Sanctuary worth it for someone who enjoys Souls games but isn't a fan of Metroidvania games outside of SotN?

TimFL

Should i get no mans sky for pc or ps4?
Depends on your specs. But I'd say go for PC, runs locked 60fps here with 120FOV and everything maxed + insane amount of mods that improve the game.

On PS4 you're running it at ~30fps and a FOV that's really narrow (50? 60? I don't know).

Is Salt and Sanctuary worth it for someone who enjoys Souls games but isn't a fan of Metroidvania games outside of SotN?

It's basically a 2D Dark Souls, with most of the same mechanics interpreted brilliantly in two dimensions. Where the Metroidvania feel sometimes comes into play is that you get new moves as you progress through the game (i.e. the ability to air-dash) and you need these moves to access new areas or get to secrets. The game is basically 80% Soulsesque and 20% Metroidvania. The way levels are designed means that there's a lot of jumping, but I don't see how else they could have adapted the Souls level design otherwise. It's very faithful though, and from me evoked a similar "Oh, I'm back here. I didn't realise I this is where it was leading me" from the way levels loop back on themselves.

I'd thoroughly recommend it. Definitely my favourite indie game of last year, perhaps my GotY overall and a brilliant compliment to the Soulsborne genre.

Intel_89

If you like SHMUPs get Caladrius Blaze, for that price it's really a no brainer. I might grab Hyperlight Drifter and that's pretty much it but there are a lot of good games in this list.

EDIT: PSA, don't buy Metal Slug Anthology on the EU PSN, it runs at 50hz and the result is an absolute piece of shit that hasn't been fixed yet.

It's basically a 2D Dark Souls, with most of the same mechanics interpreted brilliantly in two dimensions. Where the Metroidvania feel sometimes comes into play is that you get new moves as you progress through the game (i.e. the ability to air-dash) and you need these moves to access new areas or get to secrets. The game is basically 80% Soulsesque and 20% Metroidvania. The way levels are designed means that there's a lot of jumping, but I don't see how else they could have adapted the Souls level design otherwise. It's very faithful though, and from me evoked a similar "Oh, I'm back here. I didn't realise I this is where it was leading me" from the way levels loop back on themselves.

I'd thoroughly recommend it. Definitely my favourite indie game of last year, perhaps my GotY overall and a brilliant compliment to the Soulsborne genre.

Hmmm... That does sound interesting. I watched a bit of gameplay when it came out, but didn't watch too much because I wanted to avoid spoilers.

Ladekabel

Will buy Yakuza 5 for that price! Then I won't touch it for a few months because I still have Yakuza 4 left to play and that might take a while to get to.

oni-link

If you like SHMUPs get Caladrius Blaze, for that price it's really a no brainer.

Never heard of this before, but will look into it

Considering picking up the original MGS, think that is the cheapest I've seen it, is it a rubbish EU 50hz version?

ValfarHL

Oof..

I got:
Inside
Firewatch
Unravel
Hitman season 1
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (time to replay the GOAT)

Haven't finished Horizon or Nioh yet, AND I'm playing Rocket Leauge and BF1 actively..

I don't have the time for any of this..

Santar

Woohoo! Finally Resident evil: Code Veronica at a good price! Been waiting for a sale on that one. Thanks for the heads uo OP!
EDIT
Dang,I was fooled by PsnPrices, it's not on sale :(

Just spent £30. Which I know doesn't sound much, but it was across 10 games lol:

Demetrios
Gex 3D
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel
Sid Meier's Pirates
Suikoden II
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider Legends
Urban Chaos
Vagrant Story
Xenoraid

Heh. With the £12 I spent on Neon Chrome the other day, that's £42 out of the £50 I need to spend in March to get the April voucher

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Started adding a bunch of stuff to my cart and realised this stupid sale and that spend 50, get 10 back offer is making me consider buying a bunch of games just to get that deal. Won't pull the trigger.

I might buy Inside, but I have a bunch of games I haven't finished sitting there (including a physical copy of Horizon, luckily cheaper than I'd have got it for digitally even with the £10 back) and I can always wait for another sale. PSN is good for that sort of thing.

bombshell

Main sale is called PlayStation Plus Double Discounts. There's some digital PS4 and PS3/Vita deals too in the blog post.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...e-discounts-start-today-on-playstation-store/

PS Plus Double Discounts

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Digital Deluxe Edition
No Man's Sky
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
Fallout 4
Batman: Return to Arkham
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare – Legacy Edition
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare – Digital Deluxe
XCOM 2
XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
7 Days to Die
Mad Max
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Farming Simulator 17
Farming Simulator 17 – Premium Edition
Firefighters – The Simulation
Forestry 2017 – The Simulation
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Canis Canem Edit
Red Dead Revolver
The Warriors
Manhunt
Max Payne
F1™ 2016
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Assetto Corsa
God Eater 2 – Rage Burst
STAR OCEAN: IAF DIGITAL EDITION
Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition
Batman – The Telltale Series – Season Pass
Call of Duty®: IW Legacy + Destiny – The Collection Bundle
Ultra Street Fighter™ IV
Homefront®: The Revolution
Homefront®: The Revolution ‘Freedom Fighter' Bundle
SAMURAI SHODOWN VI™
DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN – ENHANCED EDITION
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™
PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness
WRC 6 FIA World Rally Championship
DEAD RISING Triple Bundle Pack
DEAD RISING 2
DEAD RISING 2 Off The Record
DEAD RISING
Aragami
Professional Farmer 2017
Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition (Day Zero)
Call of Duty®: Ghosts and Season Pass Bundle
Ride 2
Ride 2 Season Pass
Ride 2 Special Edition
Zombie Army Trilogy
Worms Anniversary Edition
Worms W.M.D
Deadpool
Life is Strange Season Pass
Bound by Flame™
Deponia
Agatha Christie – The ABC Murders
BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
FAHRENHEIT
Flockers
Grand Ages: Medieval
Handball 17
Mordheim: City of the Damned
NAtURAL DOCtRINE
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
Republique
SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
Sherlock Holmes : The Devil's Daughter
Silence
The Telltale Games Collection
The Telltale Undead Survival Bundle
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special ...
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
Tropico 5
Tropico 5 – Complete Collection
Valentino Rossi The Game
Valentino Rossi The Game – Digital Deluxe
Valentino Rossi The Game – Season Pass
Valentino Rossi The Game – Special Edition
Valentino Rossi The Game Compact
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Tizoc

Any good 2 player racing games for gbp 20 or less for ps4?
I have a few but wouldnt mind getting more
Pref. Arcade style racers
Otherwise id get worms wmd

bombshell

Will add to OP. Thanks

I said "some" digital PS4 and PS3/Vita deals other than the list I posted. That was probably an understatement, the list is loooooooong lol.

Wow, there's going to be 20% discount on the following pre-orders, can't find them in the store yet though.

Totally Digital – Pre-order

Parappa the Rappa Remastered
Loco Roco Remastered
Nex Machina
Snake Pass
Rain World
Blackwood Crossing
Yonder
Butcher
Late Shift
Wonder Boy
Rise and Shine

Tizoc

I said "some" digital PS4 and PS3/Vita deals other than the list I posted. That was probably an understatement, the list is loooooooong lol.

Wow, there's going to be 20% discount on the following pre-orders, can't find them in the store yet though.

Totally Digital – Pre-order

Parappa the Rappa Remastered
Loco Roco Remastered
Nex Machina
Snake Pass
Rain World
Blackwood Crossing
Yonder
Butcher
Late Shift
Wonder Boy
Rise and Shine
Hmmmmm tempted to get wonder boy instead but it is a game id only play on my pc
Then again i game share with my nephews...

RodzTF

Some good deals there for sure.

I'm sure some people will be interested in that CoD: IW Legacy & Destiny Collection bundle for £60, especially if game-sharing with someone and splitting the cost cos that's a lot of value.

I'd encourage fans of golf and sport simulators to pick up The Golf Club for £6.49, although the sequel will be with us soon.

Just spent £30. Which I know doesn't sound much, but it was across 10 games lol:

Demetrios
Gex 3D
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel
Sid Meier's Pirates
Suikoden II
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider Legends
Urban Chaos
Vagrant Story
Xenoraid

Heh. With the £12 I spent on Neon Chrome the other day, that's £42 out of the £50 I need to spend in March to get the April voucher

Started adding a bunch of stuff to my cart and realised this stupid sale and that spend 50, get 10 back offer is making me consider buying a bunch of games just to get that deal. Won't pull the trigger.

I might buy Inside, but I have a bunch of games I haven't finished sitting there (including a physical copy of Horizon, luckily cheaper than I'd have got it for digitally even with the £10 back) and I can always wait for another sale. PSN is good for that sort of thing.

I was going to do this as well, but realised I would have spent more than £10 on games I didn't really want or paying a higher price than I was comfortable than doing so anyway, rendering the offer effectively pointless.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Push Me Pull You, what say ye GAF?

Got a bunch of people coming round on Saturday and looking for a fun party game with a lower barrier of entry than something like Rocket League

VLiberty

Psychonauts for 4€: worth it?

I already own it for PS2 but only got halfway through it and I'd like to play it again, is this version improved?

Top Bottom