• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN MARCH SALE - PS+ Double Discounts & More - 370+ items!

Dambrosi

Banned
Caladrius Blaze for less than £6, niiiiiiiice. I knew waiting would pay dividends.

Man, it's gonna have to wait till Zelda's done, though. Gotta prioritize.

bombshell

I think I'm in for Oxenfree in the current deals and I'm definitely in for Nex Machina pre-order discount when that is added to the store, can't say no to Housemarque games.

Glass Rebel

The voucher promo goes for all of March, right? I bought Shovel Knight earlier this month before it went up in price so I should be up to about 30CHF with Inside and ABZU. I wish there was an easy way to track this stuff.

Bishop89

GAF! I haven't played a single Yakuza game, but at £12 Yakuza 5 should I dive and buy it?

Someone else might be better qualified to answer this as I have not gotten that far into 5, but it is probably worth playing 4 as it is really good too.
Not sure if 5 has a 'recap' like 3/4 do which brings you upto speed with the story.

Regardless both games are great.

bombshell

The voucher promo goes for all of March, right? I bought Shovel Knight earlier this month before it went up in price so I should be up to about 30CHF with Inside and ABZU. I wish there was an easy way to track this stuff.

Yes, closing date is 31 March 2017 at 23:59 (GMT). https://www.playstation.com/legal/march-cashback/

You can just go to purchase history in the user dropdown menu in the web store to track your spending so far this month. Sorry, that's without prices. Transaction history in Account settings in the dropdown menu is the one with prices.

I'm already over the limit in my country with the Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order, which counts even though it was before the start date.

Deus Ex for 20,- while I haven't even touched the surface of Horizon Zero Dawn and Andromeda is right around the corner...

Decisions. Decisions..

Intel_89

Deus Ex for 20,- while I haven't even touched the surface of Horizon Zero Dawn and Andromeda is right around the corner...

Decisions. Decisions..

It was up on TGC for £10 the other day, it's currently £13 + shipping but I think that might still be cheaper than getting the digital version, unless you prefer to get it digital.

sasliquid

Adventures of Mana
Hyper Light Drifter
Valkyria Remaster

Those are what a may go to. What are the chances of another sale this month? Either way I'll wait till end of month before renewing my ps+ to reach £50

Bulby

Holy shit the PSN website is a piece of crap. Cant log in for 10 minutes. Finally log in, cant access the store. Sort your shit out Sony.

Going jump on Valkyria Chronicles. Been waiting years to play this.

Glass Rebel

Yes, closing date is 31 March 2017 at 23:59 (GMT). https://www.playstation.com/legal/march-cashback/

You can just go to purchase history in the user dropdown menu in the web store to track your spending so far this month. Sorry, that's without prices. Transaction history in Account settings in the dropdown menu is the one with prices.

I'm already over the limit in my country with the Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order, which counts even though it was before the start date.

Cheers! Shouldn't be hard to get these remaining 21CHF.

Rellik

Holy shit the PSN website is a piece of crap. Cant log in for 10 minutes. Finally log in, cant access the store. Sort your shit out Sony.

Going jump on Valkyria Chronicles. Been waiting years to play this.

They're still updating it. The store on my PS4 right nowbis basically unfinished.

Bishop89

For anyone looking to get into the metal gear solid franchise, the titles are on sale.

The first 3 essentially 6 bucks each.

Tizoc

is it worse than Game of thrones?
Telltale on console is always gonna be risky such that unless u REALLY want it, it is better to wait til they are under eur/gbp/usd 10. Preferrably at the 5 range
It is a good game overall but the performance is gonna leave much to be desired

If anybody wants hitman for £20 I have a code I'm selling on the BST thread.

Also, any less known(Non-AAA) non-walking adventure games people can recommend?

Were Aragami's launch issues fixed?

Tizoc

I'm thinking Hitman, Deus Ex and Salt and Sanctuary, that should keep me busy for a while!
Though pricier i would recommend ys origin over salt and sanctuary
Take note of the offer to get back gbp/eur 10 back for ur account

COWCAT

Neo Member
Just spent £30. Which I know doesn't sound much, but it was across 10 games lol:

Demetrios
Gex 3D
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel
Sid Meier's Pirates
Suikoden II
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider Legends
Urban Chaos
Vagrant Story
Xenoraid

Heh. With the £12 I spent on Neon Chrome the other day, that's £42 out of the £50 I need to spend in March to get the April voucher

Hey, thanks for getting my game! (Demetrios) Hope you'll enjoy it :)

It always feels weird to see it listed among big names like Metal Gear, Tomb Raider, GTA etc :p

Hey, thanks for getting my game! (Demetrios) Hope you'll enjoy it :)

It always feels weird to see it listed among big names like Metal Gear, Tomb Raider, GTA etc :p

Thanks for releasing on Vita. Honestly expecting to enjoy the game as much if not more than all those big name games in my list :p

GeeTeeCee

I've had £20 in credit left over and sitting on my account for a while now, hoping some of the VR games I was after would go on sale.

As they aren't, I might go for Salt & Sanctuary and INSIDE instead.

Also, any less known(Non-AAA) non-walking adventure games people can recommend?

What format we talking? Looking over my trophy list for some good recommendations:

Guacamelee is a fun, silly action-combat-platform-adventure about a Mexican luchador wrestler who has to battle Carlos Calaca, lord of the dead who kidnaps El Presidente's daughter on the day of the dead. A really fun Metroidvania with perfect controls and great level design.

Slain: Back from Hell is a brilliant tribute to retro games of the past which is like a cross between Castlevania (the original linear games) and the harshness of Dark Souls. It has really great enemy design, simple but rewarding combat and challenging but never unfair level design. I need to finish this game, but I absolutely bloody love it.

Neverending Nightmares
is a simple but twisted 2D horror game that's unlike anything else I've played. You play a man trapped in a series of nightmares (well, duh) and almost every time you die or progress you wake back up in the same bed but something has changed. It's not a long game but it has some really great creepy imagery and some weird shit that kind of got under my skin.

The Fall is an adventure about an AI suit of armour that crashes on an alien planet and is trying to get medical aid for the armour's occupant. It plays like a cross between Limbo and a 1990s LucasArts adventure, with a lot of action and platforming, but also some interesting puzzles which IMO had just the right level of difficulty without being too simple or too obscure. It has really great presentation as well, for a very small-scale indie game.

Don't think any of these are in the sale; just a few great indie games which are well worth checking out.

Edit - I tell a lie; both The Fall and Guacamelee are on sale.

How's Psycho-Pass? Anywhere near as good as Steins;Gate?

I'm tempted to pick up that, Telltale Batman, Fahrenheit and Suikoden 3 to take advantage of the Spend X, Get Y Back promotion but I could just re-up my PS+ sub instead, since it expires in July. I guess I have a couple of weeks to figure it out.

I could also get the physical version of Batman instead, since I noticed it's only slightly more expensive at one NZ store and I could then re-sell it once I finish it.

Bishop89

I'm thinking of getting

Adventures of mana
Dead Rising
Hyper light drifter
Fahrenheit
Team 17 indie collection
The witness

And MAAAAYBE no mans sky... MAAAAYBE

GAF! I haven't played a single Yakuza game, but at £12 Yakuza 5 should I dive and buy it?

Seeing as both y4 and 5 are ridiculously cheap, get both.

4 has a nicely made recap mode for 1-3, but suffers from very aged gfx and a blurry sub HD presentation, however it makes up for that in writing, story and characters that are better then 5. Its story mode isn't that long either, I completed it in 17-20 hrs or so.

5 has incredible gameplay and variety without being overwhelming and improved gfx to boot. Plus it has a litany of Qol improvements over 4.Unlike many open world games it has meaningful side content and can be very entertaining to play.

Metalmarc

I ended up getting the Dead Rising Triple bundle
Hotline Miami 2

Jackbox 1&2 bundle (was only £6.44 on plus so why not)

Bishop89

dont know which dead rising to get.

1 or off the record?

ps:ive only played 2 and wasnt that much of a fan.

im leaning towards 1

dont know which dead rising to get.

1 or off the record?

ps:ive only played 2 and wasnt that much of a fan.

im leaning towards 1

Probably DR1 then? I believe OTR is literally just a palette swap of Chuck for Frank. I guess some of the cutscenes must be different to account for Frank being there & write out Chuck's daughter, but it's the same game in the same location.

Bishop89

Probably DR1 then? I believe OTR is literally just a palette swap of Chuck for Frank. I guess some of the cutscenes must be different to account for Frank being there & write out Chuck's daughter, but it's the same game in the same location.

Thanks mate.

1 it is then :)

I like the mall setting better anyways!

Cheers

Top Bottom