• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New EA sale (+ digital sale, Overwatch)

A lot of big games that I can buy way cheaper through retail. Where's the digital-only stuff?! Yeah there's a selection there, but it's pretty paltry.

How long is my thumb gonna be up my butt until Night in the Woods gets a discount.

yananana

A lot of big games that I can buy way cheaper through retail. Where's the digital-only stuff?! Yeah there's a selection there, but it's pretty paltry.

How long is my thumb gonna be up my butt until Night in the Woods gets a discount.

Oh my god this so much. I've been waiting since release for a small discount.

Rejam

Neo Member
While I think Sony should allow EA Acess for people who want it, this sale makes me realise why I don't care.

ffvorax

Superhot VR, time to buy! :)

Also Darkest Dungeon... does it have cross save/cross buy?
Is the PSVITA version good?

Still waiting (forever) for an Dragon Age: inquisition pack with all DLC super discounted... does it even exist?

Still waiting (forever) for an Dragon Age: inquisition pack with all DLC super discounted... does it even exist?

I think it is both cross save and buy.

Huh? It's the GOTY edition and it's in the sale now at £7.99

Rellik

Yes it's been on sale a million times now.

Not Drake

It's cross-buy with PS4, not sure about cross-save. As for the PSVita version - it's okay, but it's UI can break any enjoyment. Icons and text are very small, controls are really counter-intuitive and tough to learn as the game doesn't explain anything to you. I played it on the Vita for around 20-30 hours and I caught myself having trouble with performing actions on a regular basis. Other than that the game is text localized in a few languages and the Polish version is laughably bad. Not sure about other ones and not sure if that would affect you. Overall it's a tough sell. The game's fantastic, but the UI is a piece of shit.

RE:sale - I'll grab Titanfall 2 I guess.

It's definitely cross-buy, but I feel you should be warned that it has IMO one of the worst UIs I've ever used. I've not played it beyond about my first hour because it's clunky and tiny and difficult to understand what to do next. I regret buying it if I'm honest.

Edit - lol ^same as what Drake said!^

The GotY version is on sale right now and it tends to be every couple of months.

strafer

Might as well ask in here.

I don't know if it's my version of Dead Space 2 that's bugged but it seems the Refurbished Plasma Cutter you get for having a Dead Space 1 save on your system doesn't seem to work.

Then I did some digging and it seems the EU version of the games are bugged and it seems EA havent patched it, lol.

So, anyone from the EU that owns both games that maybe can check if they get the plasma cutter.

It's not a big deal but I do like the look of it.

Damn, that Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition and Premium Pass price difference is €5. EA really screwed over everyone who bought the vanilla game. Having a season pass on sale when only 2 out of 4 content packs are out is also a questionable thing to do, it makes the entire concept of a season pass pointless.

bombshell

Damn, that Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition and Premium Pass price difference is €5. EA really screwed over everyone who bought the vanilla game. Having a season pass on sale when only 2 out of 4 content packs are out is also a questionable thing to do, it makes the entire concept of a season pass pointless.

Yep. Thankfully they have scrapped the season pass model in Battlefront II and hopefully it's the same with the next Battlefield.

The second one is much better. It has a lot more content and is still very active

Missed your reply, thanks for the input.

ffvorax

Huh? It's the GOTY edition and it's in the sale now at £7.99

But I already have the game, I need to buy the goty to have all the dlcs? :/
I didn't want to download a ton of GB....
Also I hope the saves are compatible with the digital version of the game...

All others:
thx for the advice about the Vita version of Darkest Dungeon... it's a shame that has bad UI... :( It could be a perfect game on the vita... if it's cross buy won't be a huge problem, if it's too terrible I will just play it on my ps4....

xrnzaaas

LB needs to go free to play if they hope to salvage it.

Yes but before that happens they need to do something (anything) to attract new gamers, even if it feels like the war is lost already. A minimum 50% off sale would be my first decision and multiple free weekends my second decision. :)

Anyone know if PvZ2 still has an active player base? It's going dirt cheap at the moment and I really enjoyed the first one.

AndyVirus

Battlefront Ultimate Edition for £3.99. I know it will be obsolete soon, but might pick this up.

How active is it? Will I struggle to find games?

15,764 currently on PS4. It'll obviously drop in a couple of months but it should remain a few thousand throughout 2018.

Battlefield 1 Revolution is tempting. Kinda disgusting they're still charging for Hardline premium when the DLC maps are wholly dead.

I've played BF1 on disc and bought Revolution.
It doesn't allow me to download it and asks for disc.

Am I missing something? I was planning to recoup the cost by selling the physical copy...

Chris R

These publisher sales are always terrible.

It's always like 5 games + 768 add-ons.

It's funny though, the only DLC I'd want from EA at this point would be the Skate 3 DLC for PS3, but that isn't on sale.

Skate must be REALLY dead for EA to not even throw it up on sale.

Freeman76

Absolute Drift is really good, I cant put it down. A combination of the zen like controls and awesome soundtrack almost have me hypnotised. A real sleeper hit imo

Sony is really amazing. I talked about this matter last time when Sony gives free amputated games on PSN Plus then doesn't allow you to get the full edition when it becomes discounrted and never makes sales on the DLC so you are forced to get the DLCs costing more than the entire full edition on sale, if you want to play full game, as if they were punishing you for getting free games.

Now what I seeing is EVEN MORE INSANE. There are packs in this EA sale like the Family Pack containing Unravel, PVZGW2, and NFS, but says I couldn't get it because I own one fo those games which is Unravel but this isn't true. I just downloaded the trial version and the Sony system thinks I am owning the game that is why I can't get this full pack. Same for PVZGW2 Deluxe Edition: I can't buy it because I downloaded free trial so it thinks I own base game.

Same goes for Free week-ends too. last time I wanted to get full version of ESO on sale but it didn't allow me to get it because the system thinks I own the game since I downloaded the Free week-end (that I didn't even have the time to play even)..

Bravo Sony. really great job. I can't imagine anything worse they could do to cripple their loyal customers even more.

eizarus

Banned
How's NFS? Is it still shit or did they fix it? Feel like playing a racer and this one has Underground style customisation right?

Hmm... Is Nier worth it at €45 if I'm buying it particularly for the story? Kind of apprehensive about the gameplay personally, seeing as how I'm not usually a fan of games like DMC etc (which this seems to be kind off akin to).

Joey Ravn

Banned
Hmm... Is Nier worth it at €45 if I'm buying it particularly for the story? Kind of apprehensive about the gameplay personally, seeing as how I'm not usually a fan of games like DMC etc (which this seems to be kind off akin to).

I think I got it for €30, but I would recommend it even at full price. It's my GOTY so far. It will give you a good ratio of "game time per dollar spent", if that's an issue.

As for its gameplay, don't worry. It's not as combo-based as a DMC or Bayonetta. I think it feels more like a straight-up hack-and-slash game than a character-action game.

Spoiler:
in Route B you'll be hacking a lot and that kinda breaks the action-focused nature of combat as well.

Rellik

Sony is really amazing. I talked about this matter last time when Sony gives free amputated games on PSN Plus then doesn't allow you to get the full edition when it becomes discounrted and never makes sales on the DLC so you are forced to get the DLCs costing more than the entire full edition on sale, if you want to play full game, as if they were punishing you for getting free games.

Now what I seeing is EVEN MORE INSANE. There are packs in this EA sale like the Family Pack containing Unravel, PVZGW2, and NFS, but says I couldn't get it because I own one fo those games which is Unravel but this isn't true. I just downloaded the trial version and the Sony system thinks I am owning the game that is why I can't get this full pack. Same for PVZGW2 Deluxe Edition: I can't buy it because I downloaded free trial so it thinks I own base game.

Same goes for Free week-ends too. last time I wanted to get full version of ESO on sale but it didn't allow me to get it because the system thinks I own the game since I downloaded the Free week-end (that I didn't even have the time to play even)..

Bravo Sony. really great job. I can't imagine anything worse they could do to cripple their loyal customers even more.

Yeah, I noticed that crap too because of Unravel.

Melkaz

Not sure why but it seems like about 40 titles got added to the sale today but they only last until Oct. 2, 2017, 10:59 p.m

Some notable ones:
Yakuza Kiwami from €34.99 for €24.99
No Man's Sky from €39.99 for €13.29
Street Fighter V from €39.99 for €14.99
Rise of the Tomb raider from €59.99 for €21.99

FDC1

Destiny 2 saving me money even though it was expensive.

Normally I wait for these store updates with baited breath, now I ain't buying shit.

I'll be back once I burn out again.

Mendrox

Not sure why but it seems like about 40 titles got added to the sale today but they only last until Oct. 2, 2017, 10:59 p.m

Some notable ones:

Wow! That was fast. Dunno if I still should buy the steelbox for 35€ hmm

Some notable ones:

This is so worth that price. Absolutely loved this game.

Awesome, thanks! Might jump on the base game then.

I've not played much of the game, but I had enough to buy Akuma, Abigail, Menat, a few colours, and the SF2 Bison stage, and I still have enough left over to buy another character.

I've not touched the story yet, and apparently that gives a big payout of Fight Money. All I've done is most of the character stories, a majority of the season 1 combo trials, and a few survival easy and like 3 survival normal playthroughs, along with a handful of online ranked matches. There's obviously a grind if you're playing the game with the mentality of grinding to unlock characters, but if you just play through modes, you'll find that you'll quickly gain Fight Money.

Top Bottom