• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New September sale (UBI, digital)

Not Drake

Ubisoft sales are always silly with their prices for newer games. Games are twice as expensive as they are here in retail in Poland. I got For Honor Gold for 25 euros a week ago, Steep Gold for 20 in March and Division Gold for around 25 in December last year. At this point I can't wait to grab AC Origins with Season Pass for 30 euro during summer next year. I can't find another publisher with such a price disparities between retail and digital.

Rayman Legends and AC Chronicles are tempting though. l never played them. I might grab Trials Fusion Season Pass too.

Cronnie

Ask sony for a refund :)

But if I want Siege, play on all maps, just get the regular version?

I tried, got told they do not give partial refunds/credit at all in cases like mine apparently.

Always wait for the new sale.

Yeah, I checked the price history before I purchased and saw the pass had never been on sale before now (I bought the game itself two weeks ago or so on sale, pass wasn't on sale then either), so didn't expect it to go on sale this time around.

It's all good though it's only 5 pounds, just the principle of it you know?

Rellik

any of the AssCreed Syndicate DLC worth buying?

I started Jack The Ripper yesterday since it was only £3.99. Seems to be more of the same, but with a more brutal edge to it.

Haven't actually finished it yet so that's all I can really say.

any of the AssCreed Syndicate DLC worth buying?

I started Jack The Ripper yesterday since it was only £3.99. Seems to be more of the same, but with a more brutal edge to it.

Haven't actually finished it yet so that's all I can really say.

Jack the Ripper was very entertaining. I like Ubi's take on the Ripper mythos and middle-aged Evie still kicks ass. The new fear mechanic is nice, too! :)

Danneee

I assume MWR doesn't include dlc, has a small community, and is not worth the £25?

I'd say it's not worth it. MP haven't aged terribly but it doesn't feel very fresh, there are a lot of games that do similar MP better now.
Campaign was good 10 years ago and it's not something I'd recommend.

I checked Watch Dogs 2 DLC once more.

It seels that HUMAN CONCITIONS is €4.95. It also seems that NO COMPROMISE is €6.95.

It seems that these together are worth much more than the Season Pass (€19.95)?

It seems like a good idea to just get the DLC separately? I don't care about clothes. Any more missions that I missed for Watch Dogs 2?

That's how I did it. There is more than enough clothing for your character already included in the game and even the DLC weapons and cars are nothing that special. Finished the game with the inventory provided by the base game and still felt overpowered.

So just go for the Human Conditions and No Compromise DLC! :)

nelo_inc

Not a very good sale, many of the same titles over and over again, but i will end up getting the Ezio Collection for 20€.

Not interested in playing Indies.

I really despise this line of thinking. You're basically brushing off hundreds of brilliant games because they're made by a smaller team and/or a publisher is not involved. Of course it's your opinion and you're free to play whatever you want while missing out on titles like Inside, Stardew Valley, The Witness, Hellblade, Undertale, Salt & Sanctuary, Shovel Knight, Firewatch, Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drifter, etc.

I really despise this line of thinking. You're basically brushing off hundreds of brilliant games because they're made by a smaller team and/or a publisher is not involved. Of course it's your opinion and you're free to play whatever you want while missing out on titles like Inside, Stardew Valley, The Witness, Hellblade, Undertale, Salt & Sanctuary, Shovel Knight, Firewatch, Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Hyper Light Drifter, etc.

Most people who say "I don't like indies" would probably not count Hellblade because it has a high quality presentation. Also the studio that made it has made "Triple Ay" games for big publishers in the past.

It's hard for an indie to compete in a market where big budget Triple Ay games go on heavy discounts when they're a few years old. €8 for the most liked Assassin's Creed game on PS4 (Black Flag)? Watch people line up to give you their cash.

Sorry, I forgot this was Jim Ryan's NeoGAF account

So you didnt play The Witcher 3?

P.s take off your defenition blinders and maybe open your eyes to some good games regardless if they have a publisher behind then.

By the way crypt of the necro was/is 2.99 on US PSN.

Many of you seem rustled. Apologies for not caring for a genre of games. All of those you listed––apart from Guacamelee (I completed it on Vita)––do not interest me one bit. Either the artstyle of gameplay. I don't have enough time to commit to trying out a bunch of Indies, nor do I have the disposable income to do so. Regardless of how 'cheap' you think they are.

timberger

Anyone know if Exile's End is crossbuy? It says 'cross-platform' with Vita on the game's store page, but there's no mention of Vita in the description. I'm interested but would prefer the handheld option on this one.

Also, how can you not be buying Assault Android Cactus at that price people? It's an amazing game.

Many of you seem rustled. Apologies for not caring for a genre of games. All of those you listed––apart from Guacamelee (I completed it on Vita)––do not interest me one bit. Either the artstyle of gameplay. I don't have enough time to commit to trying out a bunch of Indies, nor do I have the disposable income to do so. Regardless of how 'cheap' you think they are.

"Indie" isn't a genre.

GHG

"Indie" is not a genre.

Edit: get out of my head timberger

Indies are not a genre.

I recommend Brut@l. It has a great faux ASCII look. Maybe a bit simple, but plays well - especially for €4

RsycCLL.gif

I hate Ubisoft (and EA) and refuse to give them money for anything....but this....mmmm I might have to check this out.

Funnily enough, I feel like this with Ubisoft games in general. Assassins Creed, Farcry, The Division, Rainbow Six, pretty much everything in the sale. Generic, bland, factory made, uninteresting and stale games from a publisher who has little to no respect for the gaming industry and even the people who buy their games.

Chopper

"Indie" isn't a genre. I'm not sure you know what genre means.

Bunga

Chaos Theory is a great game in general, but I don't know how it plays on PS3. Widely considered one of the best stealth games ever,

Agreed. I only played Chaos Theory for the first time a year or so ago and I thought it was amazing. I've said it before on GAF but I still have no idea why more games don't take Splinter Cell's ambient noise mechanic. It's amazing.

Agreed. I only played Chaos Theory for the first time a year or so ago and I thought it was amazing. I've said it before on GAF but I still have no idea why more games don't take Splinter Cell's ambient noise mechanic. It's amazing.

Because its too onerous for the Triple ADD generation.

aravuus

AC IV Black Flag on PS4 is at an all time low.

I'm convinced that'll hit Plus at some point though.

The triple pack with Unity and Syndicate too isn't too bad either, 30 euros.

Worth it? I've never really played much AC before, but what I have played of 2 and Brotherhood was solid fun for the most part.

black070

The triple pack with Unity and Syndicate too isn't too bad either, 30 euros.

Worth it? I've never really played much AC before, but what I have played of 2 and Brotherhood was solid fun for the most part.

Definitely worth it, Unity is a relatively weak entry, but Black Flag and Syndicate are two of the best - especially Black Flag, it's tied with 2 as my favourite.

aravuus

Definitely worth it, Unity is a relatively weak entry, but Black Flag and Syndicate are two of the best - especially Black Flag, it's tied with 2 as my favourite.

How standalone are they, should I maybe check out some story summaries before jumping in or something?

Rellik

How standalone are they, should I maybe check out some story summaries before jumping in or something?

That have a loose modern day story to them that kinda connect, but the meat of those games are completely standalone and in different eras and locations.

The modern day story lost me a long time ago but I easily enjoyed all three of those games.

black070

No need at all, the modern portions of the game (which wouldn't even make up 5% of the three games combined) are all just throw away reminders that it still exists, even if they have no idea what to do with it lol.

aravuus

That have a loose modern day story to them that kinda connect, but the meat of those games are completely standalone and in different eras and locations.

The modern day story lost me a long time ago but I easily enjoyed all three of those games.

No need at all, the modern portions of the game (which wouldn't even make up 5% of the three games combined) are all just throw away reminders that it still exists, even if they have no idea what to do with it lol.

Cool, thanks, I think I'll check them out then!

Good news everyone. Nier Automata is finally on sale, and some other games as well...

Nier Automata (€45)
Also Injustice 2 (€35)
GTA V (€30)
Final Fantasy XV (€25)

No one could possibly ever complain about that great Nier reduction. No one.

Steroyd

Sweet with Injustice 2 and Nier Automata I'll have finally got almost all of early 2017's games that got released with the exception of Yakuza 6 and Gravity Rush 2.

danowat

Banned
Good news everyone. Nier Automata is finally on sale, and some other games as well...

Nier Automata (€45)
Also Injustice 2 (€35)
GTA V (€30)
Final Fantasy XV (€25)

Tempted to get FFXV and Neir, is it worth getting the deluxe edition of FFXV?

GLAMr

Is FFXII combat much like Xenoblade Chronicles? I'm enjoying that WAY more than I thought I would, and they look like they have a similar kind of MMO combat style.

emjot

Just bought Steamword Heist for 4,99€. Dig was my favourite Vita game, put in so many hours, amazing and fun game.

Nier Automata (€45)
Also Injustice 2 (€35)
GTA V (€30)
Final Fantasy XV (€25)

Injustice 2 and FFXV are also on sale in their ultimate versions that include their season passes.
Of course, the season passes themselves aren't on sale.

MadMod

Injustice 2 and FFXV are also on sale in their ultimate versions that include their season passes.
Of course, the season passes themselves aren't on sale.

I noticed this too, slightly scummy, just like when I already had PS Plus, bought 12 months, but didnt receive Battlefront Ultimate due to me already being a customer.

Top Bottom