• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro gamer: Nvidia acknowledges leaked PC game list, including God of War and Final Fantasy 7 Remake

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

God of War, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and "BioShock 2022" have all been named for PC in a leaked list of titles datamined from Nvidia's GeForce Now.

The intriguing list includes numerous upcoming games, some which are unannounced for PC and others which have not been formally announced at all.

Nvidia has now acknowledged the leak as legitimate, but told Wccftech that titles were "speculative" and "used only for internal tracking and testing". "Inclusion on the list is neither confirmation or an announcement of any game."

With that in mind, it's worth having a look at some of the games listed. It's interesting to see the heavily-rumoured Grand Theft Auto remasters included here, with entries for GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

" BioShock 2022" is also mentioned - though while there is a new BioShock project in the works, Eurogamer does not expect it to arrive next year.

"Project Cortez" from Infinity Ward is also mentioned, which seems likely to be Activision's Call of Duty for 2022.
Well, seems like pc is the place to be if you like both xbox and PlayStation games. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony succeeded with sales they would release exclusives faster on pc.
Theres still plenty of people who don't even want to own a PC they'd get game money from instead.

Just keep this thread away from Bryank75 Bryank75 please.

Edit: I am very aware that nvidia said the list is speculative, but that's another way of saying:

"We fucked up and had a hole in our security. We had an emergency meeting and told the list is speculative so Sony doesn't sue us."

With so many games getting released on geforce now there's no reason to put games that are not meant to be on the platform as a placement holder.

They are trying their best to not get screwed over by Sony.

Last edited:

Skelterz

So like FFIX remake like FF7R or Remaster I’m keen for a remake but that’s like the best turn based game in the series..I’d really appreciate it if they considered the old school fans when approaching a remake of IX, We already have the glitz and glamour of action 7Remako we don’t need another action romp 😂.

Myths

So like FFIX remake like FF7R or Remaster I’m keen for a remake but that’s like the best turn based game in the series..I’d really appreciate it if they considered the old school fans when approaching a remake of IX, We already have the glitz and glamour of action 7Remako we don’t need another action romp
😂

FF9 would be awesome if the aesthetic is pulled off properly. That’s one of the biggest draws to the game coming from VII’s and VIII’s art direction. The team behind III/IV DS would have to sign on I feel.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Speculative? Uh.....sure. When a leak doubles as an advertisement for Nvidia.
How can it be speculative titles when they are tracking and testing them?

Perhaps speculative in terms of it releasing. But not speculative in terms of working with the game maker about it.

Last edited:
So regardless of whether a game actually releases or not, at minimum Nvidia and the game studio are working together to at least see if the game works.

So not pointless placeholder for kicks?
There were first party Nintendo games on that list. I don't see them coming to PC under any circumstances. Who knows why they were on there. Maybe because Switch uses Nvidia hardware?

Mozzarella

Good leak, FF7R is a big game so its no surprise it will come to PC. God of War is rather surprising considering its one of those games that are important in Sony marketing, unlike FF7R God of War and The Last of Us are Sony big boys.
I want Demon Souls Remake for PC since i still havent bought a PS5 and i will likely get one by the end of 2022 only so having this game release soon it will be pretty poggers.

Topher

Gold Member
How can it be speculative titles when they are tracking and testing them?

Perhaps speculative in terms of it releasing. But not speculative in terms of working with the game maker about it.

"Tracking and testing" is pretty broad. Hard for me to read too much into this other than Nvidia getting some free publicity. But who knows?

Soodanim

Gold Member
If you use "neither", you need to use "nor" in place of "or". The original article did.

Don't waste my time with your gibberish misquotes, Tom Phillips. You fucked up a copy and paste job. I hope you're proud of yourself, Mr "News Editor".

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Well, seems like pc is the place to be if you like both xbox and PlayStation games. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony succeeded with sales they would release exclusives faster on pc.
Theres still plenty of people who don't even want to own a PC they'd get game money from instead.

Just keep this thread away from Bryank75 Bryank75 please.
You should probably read that statement again

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You might want to read that statement again.

So regardless of whether a game actually releases or not, at minimum Nvidia and the game studio are in discussion and/or working together to at least see if the game works.

So not pointless placeholder for kicks?
I read it again, and it says clearly:

"We fucked up and had a hole in our security. We had an emergency meeting and told the list is speculative so Sony doesn't sue us."

With so many games getting released on geforce now there's no reason to put games that are not meant to be on the platform as a placement holder.

They are trying their best to not get screwed over by Sony.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Good leak, FF7R is a big game so its no surprise it will come to PC. God of War is rather surprising considering its one of those games that are important in Sony marketing, unlike FF7R God of War and The Last of Us are Sony big boys.
I want Demon Souls Remake for PC since i still havent bought a PS5 and i will likely get one by the end of 2022 only so having this game release soon it will be pretty poggers.

Uncharted is already coming which I'm sure they consider as a top tier franchise for them.

I really don't get why the focus is on Sony games everyone already knew would probably come, and not on the fact there are Nintendo games on the list.

Edit: and not Wii games or whatever, I know those exist, but I thought there were Switch games on this list

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
So Sony don’t sue us?

I know GAF is America central but not every blunder or accident has to be met immediately with a lawsuit.

Bkdk

At this point I wish SE will just wait until they have the second part and release both 1 and 2 on pc. As for god of war, the new one definitely needs a pc version with mods so modders can redo their character designs, if possible.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Why are ppl such haters? Accept it. We knew about gow coming to pc from a Jeff Grubb podcast, we know ff7 remake is coming, we also know for a fact that those CAPTURED ON PC texts on almost every single PS5 trailer was NOT a typo. So face it, they are coming to pc.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really dont understand why everyone is questioning the leak. Sony has come out and said that they are going to put their games on PC. They have said this to investors on investor calls. They have literally put out press releases that specifically state PS exclusives are going to PC. Their PS blog has several articles talking about porting PS games to PC and how Sony is going all in because Horizon's PC port did not have a big enough backlash.

They recently bought Nixxes for the sole purpose of porting games to PC.

So why is this a surprise?

skit_data

demon souls had in the trailer

demon souls had this initially

and this

That’s not what the post I quoted was talking about, or that was indeed what he talked about and severely mixed up the words ”captured on” and ”coming to”.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I really dont understand why everyone is questioning the leak. Sony has come out and said that they are going to put their games on PC. They have said this to investors on investor calls. They have literally put out press releases that specifically state PS exclusives are going to PC. Their PS blog has several articles talking about porting PS games to PC and how Sony is going all in because Horizon's PC port did not have a big enough backlash.

They recently bought Nixxes for the sole purpose of porting games to PC.

So why is this a surprise?
I dont think anti-porters will argue Pc games are coming. Its already happened in small doses.

What they fear is if games get ported en masse fast. They can live with the occasional 3 year old port. But if tons of games come and combined with small time gaps, then they will feel betrayed by their own ecosystem which is supposed to be a giant castled wall of protection.

Protection from the threat PC gamers enjoy playing the same game as them half way around the world.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I sold my pc for 3000$ Canadian that has a 3080 in it. Reason for sale is because I want the new motherboards with ddr5. Figured I would sell it now and ( actually made a big profit ) rather than wait till ddr5 comes out and then my pc isn’t worth shit.

for this year and early next year. Both my ps5 and Xbox will do fine . I am not seeing any heavy demanding game that these consoles can’t do .
With that being said, people who say pc is the best place to be if you like PlayStation games is just ... with all respect are idiots ( to put it lightly even).

best place to be when Sony is just throwing you a bone full price for a game that Sony fans enjoyed playing 3 or even most of the time 4 years ago ( and not only cheaper, sometimes free with ps plus ) ? Okay lol.

pc is awesome. It has many perks over consoles. This isn’t one of them lol.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I sold my pc for 3000$ Canadian that has a 3080 in it. Reason for sale is because I want the new motherboards with ddr5. Figured I would sell it now and ( actually made a big profit ) rather than wait till ddr5 comes out and then my pc isn’t worth shit.

for this year and early next year. Both my ps5 and Xbox will do fine . I am not seeing any heavy demanding game that these consoles can’t do .
With that being said, people who say pc is the best place to be if you like PlayStation games is just ... with all respect are idiots ( to put it lightly even).

best place to be when Sony is just throwing you a bone full price for a game that Sony fans enjoyed playing 3 or even most of the time 4 years ago ( and not only cheaper, sometimes free with ps plus ) ? Okay lol.

pc is awesome. It has many perks over consoles. This isn’t one of them lol.
Gaming gear in short supply. Good time to be a seller.

I dumped off a One X, a bunch of old games and an extra controller (a used Xbox One OG gamepad) to someone for just under $500 cdn. Used Xbox One X's alone are going for $400-ish. Insane. He knew about the new systems out and didnt give a shit about them. He just wanted a good gaming system with a 4k drive for movies. Series X here is $600 cdn alone (more like $680 with tax).

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The thread title really makes it sound like Nvidia acknowledged those specific games coming to PC, which they explicitly did NOT.

I'm not sure that really confirms anything more than it being their list. In reality whatever they were using it for could be tracking something as basic as tracking the popularity of games externally that current publishers have publishing rights to assess whether they're a publisher that may be of use to them moving forwards.
I'm not suggesting that some or all of the games couldn't appear on that service at some point, I'm just saying that it doesn't confirm what some are suggesting.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The list that was datamined from Nvidia has 18 000 entries of games. Geforce Now has 1000-something games.

In the middle of those games and apps, there's the Dolphin Emulator and Mario Bros Wii. There's no way to play Mario Bros Wii in anything other than a Wii or a Wii U without engaging in piracy according to Nintendo, so those are definitely never, ever going into Geforce Now.
Games that were cancelled years ago, like Scalebound, are probably not going to release.

There's also a very dim chance that Nvidia got some guy to populate 18 000 entries for videogames and apps, 17 000 of which aren't present in their service and most of which never will.

This list was most probably populated by a web crawler, perhaps a deep-learning based one considering Nvidia is also one of the most prominent AI software companies out there.
A DL-enhanced web crawler that takes current and future videogame data like title + description + genre + publisher + developer etc. from web searches, forum discussions and rumor websites, and automatically populates their "list of games that could come to Geforce Now".

If all future and speculative games are already present in a web-crawled filled database, they'll have a lot less work to just fill in the gaps when they actually get a new game into the service.

That's not to say that God of War 2018 is never going to release on PC (it probably will as means to promote Ragnarok and make money) or Final Fantasy 7 Remake (probably will, as means to promote Episode 2 and make money).

It's just that this list means nothing. The AI bot is filling out some new entries out of internet speculation, which isn't that much of a problem because it's not like those text entries are occupying lots of server disk space.
To be honest, I can't tell if Eurogamer is being dishonest or naive with that article and clickbait title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom