• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro gamer: Nvidia acknowledges leaked PC game list, including God of War and Final Fantasy 7 Remake

White-fire

PC is not the place for PS4/5 games…... By the time they are out the games have been on sale for $20 or less and have a sequel, and most likely a upgraded performance patch to boot. And there’s no guarantee they will port the specific game you want. Seriously. Ratchet and Clank and Returnal might make it to PC in 2024/5 lol

Buggy Loop

PC is not the place for PS4/5 games…... By the time they are out the games have been on sale for $20 or less and have a sequel, and most likely a upgraded performance patch to boot. And there’s no guarantee they will port the specific game you want. Seriously. Ratchet and Clank and Returnal might make it to PC in 2024/5 lol

Animated GIF

I’m a patient man and the backlog is not shrinking anytime soon. I don’t care if it takes 4 years for a port, but at least once it hits PC, I have the most likely best version and have no worries for backward compatibility.

White-fire

Animated GIF

I’m a patient man and the backlog is not shrinking anytime soon. I don’t care if it takes 4 years for a port, but at least once it hits PC, I have the most likely best version and have no worries for backward compatibility.

There’s still the fact that there’s no guarantee the game will ever release. It just doesn’t make sense for me personally and most people who buy a PlayStation to make it enticing,

Horizon drops in February, would most people excited for that game really think the PC is the best place to play Sony games when it might launch in 2025/6 also considering how good it looks and runs on a PS5 which you can get right now?

For Uber patient people like you, who will buy games as they come ven if it’s random, sure it makes sense. But I don’t think the average person really believes PC is the way to to go when it comes to PlayStation Studio games.

Buggy Loop

There’s still the fact that there’s no guarantee the game will ever release. It just doesn’t make sense for me personally and most people who buy a PlayStation to make it enticing,

Horizon drops in February, would most people excited for that game really think the PC is the best place to play Sony games when it might launch in 2025/6 also considering how good it looks and runs on a PS5 which you can get right now?

For Uber patient people like you, who will buy games as they come ven if it’s random, sure it makes sense. But I don’t think the average person really believes PC is the way to to go when it comes to PlayStation Studio games.

Eventually/Inevitably there’s always emulation also.

But yeah, it’s not « the » platform if you’re hungry/impatient for Sony games.

Personally, I’ve dropped Sony since PS2, and Xbox since 360. Kept Nintendo + PC. So a Sony game landing on PC is for me a happy surprise, not an expected thing. Microsoft pushing almost all games day 1 on gamepass for PC kind of changed the landscape.

Last edited:
Eventually/Inevitably there’s always emulation also.

But yeah, it’s not « the » platform if you’re hungry/impatient for Sony games.

Personally, I’ve dropped Sony since PS2, and Xbox since 360. Kept Nintendo + PC. So a Sony game landing on PC is for me a happy surprise, not an expected thing. Microsoft pushing almost all games day 1 on gamepass for PC kind of changed the landscape.
I am in the exact same position (although I did end up buying a PS4 for my son).

lmimmfn

Thats fine, no rush with them comming to PC, wouldnt be getting a PS5 to play them now, prefer gaming on PC.
Personnally I dont care if theyre cheaper on PS5 when they come to PC as will still be cheaper than having to buy a console to play them.

skit_data

Really? We're you there for that sony showcase? Where most trailers said captured on PC or also coming to pc at the end? I mean..wtf are YOU even talking about
I didn’t see anything say ”captured on PC”, the other part is plausible but lets not play fast n loose with… reading.

MonarchJT

Banned

probably a year a year and half to play the inevitable better version on PC....plus PC have ms gamepass
the only argumet that I could support is choosing the console simply for its much "faster and easier" type of experience (me myself have a 3070 rig and I play more on series x) i think at this point sony has realized that they need to expand their audience regardless of their hw.

Last edited:

Brofist

Oh damn you really showed those PC losers, don't they know Sony games don't stand the test of time and are shit within a couple years. Oh wait that's probably not the message you wanted to send.

I'll be playing Diablo 2 again next week, I couldn't give 2 shits about playing a game day one, and single player games no less.

ZywyPL

Banned

SP-only games have no expiration date. And no, with current Sony you don't know when/if games will be updated, and if so will it be free or will you have to pat again for the games you already own. The upcoming UC4 "remaster" is nothing but a paid 60FPS patch, ask any PC gamer, this is BS, and only console gamers are willing to bend over to, and even more, are willing to defend it.

MonarchJT

Banned
You should probably read the article instead of just going off the sensationalist headline, but that's how we got here in the first place anyway.
clearly i did (like i always do) and is a leaked list ...and yes the list is true ..or you trust that halo 5 will NEVER come on PC? ahahah

3760198-sony.jpg

who has worked in the field of advertising know very well that before approving something goes through at least 3 or 4 different people ... I would have understood the error in a banner with a lot of text but not have I ever believed this to be a mistake, not even for a second

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I sold my pc for 3000$ Canadian that has a 3080 in it. Reason for sale is because I want the new motherboards with ddr5. Figured I would sell it now and ( actually made a big profit ) rather than wait till ddr5 comes out and then my pc isn’t worth shit.

for this year and early next year. Both my ps5 and Xbox will do fine . I am not seeing any heavy demanding game that these consoles can’t do .
With that being said, people who say pc is the best place to be if you like PlayStation games is just ... with all respect are idiots ( to put it lightly even).

best place to be when Sony is just throwing you a bone full price for a game that Sony fans enjoyed playing 3 or even most of the time 4 years ago ( and not only cheaper, sometimes free with ps plus ) ? Okay lol.

pc is awesome. It has many perks over consoles. This isn’t one of them lol.
You sold your high end pc, for a future motherboard update that won't improve gaming? Nice.

GHG

Gold Member
clearly i did (like i always do) and is a leaked list ...and yes the list is true ..or you trust that halo 5 will NEVER come on PC? ahahah

So I take it you also think call of duty mobile, Bayonetta 3, Mario and Scalebound are also coming to PC soon?

Did you even look at the list? Did you read Microsoft's statement in the article? The whole thing is meaningless until any of the games are confirmed either way.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Edit: I am very aware that nvidia said the list is speculative, but that's another way of saying:

"We fucked up and had a hole in our security. We had an emergency meeting and told the list is speculative so Sony doesn't sue us."

With so many games getting released on geforce now there's no reason to put games that are not meant to be on the platform as a placement holder.

They are trying their best to not get screwed over by Sony.
No that's what YOU want it to say.

3760198-sony.jpg

who has worked in the field of advertising know very well that before approving something goes through at least 3 or 4 different people ... I would have understood the error in a banner with a lot of text but not have I ever believed this to be a mistake, not even for a second
Of course it is a mistake because it is not available on the PC.

MonarchJT

Banned
So I take it you also think call of duty mobile, Bayonetta 3, Mario and Scalebound are also coming to PC soon?

Did you even look at the list? Did you read Microsoft's statement in the article? The whole thing is meaningless until any of the games are confirmed either way.
as Nvidia said ..there are placeholders and some invented things ....but let's face it the fact that it has been scalebound and has not been removed from the list does not make it any less truthful. Statements from Sony on their interest in the PC .. recent releases and the success on that platform ... the acquisition of a studio expert in porting, the errors in the PS5 exclusive game trailers talking about a future PC version and now the list ... make us think that that Sony are also embracing the idea of becoming hw agnostic (In a very near future imo)

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Gaming gear in short supply. Good time to be a seller.

I dumped off a One X, a bunch of old games and an extra controller (a used Xbox One OG gamepad) to someone for just under $500 cdn. Used Xbox One X's alone are going for $400-ish. Insane. He knew about the new systems out and didnt give a shit about them. He just wanted a good gaming system with a 4k drive for movies. Series X here is $600 cdn alone (more like $680 with tax).
Yup agreed.
I am not in rush . When there are games that require pc superior graphics I’ll go there. But my 2k monitor 144 can play my Xbox and ps5 games at 120 frames . I am actually enjoying the less cheating online games vs pc ( holy shit cod and apex on pc is just cheating game one after the other . I play on Xbox or ps5 with no cross play and I end up with less cheating online and I am actually enjoying my gaming sessions now instead of getting pissed off
You sold your high end pc, for a future motherboard update that won't improve gaming? Nice.
future as in near future yes . Of course I want my ddr5. As well as new cpu . That’s the whole thing .
I still have 1200 platinum psu and extra case as well as nvme and Corsair rgb fans. Just need to update the core.
It’s not like I didn’t sell it for profit. 3000 cad is plenty enough

Last edited:

martino

More proof PC environment is a mess and Sony should steer well clear
What do you based that on ?
How many time in a row dev have elected pc the most attractive platform at gdc again (filled multiple 100's of thousand of dev) ?
Based on that we can even say that Sony going pc could also be to please its employees or attract new ones...
Only people not happy about it are fanatics with an extremist vision on a subject where it's sad to see it.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Pretty sure someone at Nvidia got called into an office for this one, and the words "potential" and "legal" featured in the conversation.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

3760198-sony.jpg

this 100% no way this isnt signed off by a marketing department and vetted before going live. It was the backlash that caused the response IMO.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Of course it is a mistake because it is not available on the PC.
It's a classical mistake. I can't count the times I accidently typed "also available on pc". It's really annoying.
The game would need to be made with PC in mind from the beginning to make that date. Sony would also likely plan it to launch around Horizon 3 to lure more PC gamers over.
So what you're saying is that guerilla games makes spaghetti code?

Maybe the games are made by guerrillas then.

Excess

>please be a consoomer and buy sonys games on day one
>you can't live without having the first day
>you can't be an adult and patiently wait for sony to release them later
>you must buy a PS5
>please buy a PS5
>please justify my console purchase

🤡 Honk honk

Kenpachii

The game would need to be made with PC in mind from the beginning to make that date. Sony would also likely plan it to launch around Horizon 3 to lure more PC gamers over.

Takes no effort to make ports from current generation consoles as they are basically laptops at this point.

Sony will have no input on when it launches to PC, horizon owner will decide when it hits PC and that will happen after the IP stops selling on consoles so probably the first year. Or when they stop developing for the game with dlc's to move on to the next game development. So maybe a bit longer.

This won't take until horizon 3 for release even remotely, the longer they wait the less sales they get.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC is not the place for the Sony shooters with native mouse & KB without any pathetic aim assists with good+ performance. /s

Last edited:
PC is not the place for the Sony shooters with native mouse & KB without any pathetic aim assists with good+ performance. /s

How many times has user data been hacked off Sony stuff? Spoiler alert: A lot.

I honestly don't understand the need for people like the ones you guys quoted, to spread false stuff like that. It's like they believe a corporation cares about them, as individuals, and they just defend their honor, while shitting on everyone else. It's like being a little ass baby in a grown man's body. Weird?

I never would imagine we would live in a world where we identify as gamers, yet some get excitement/happiness if some random person can't play the same game they enjoy. That's some insecure, selfish, childish kinda mentality right there. Smh

Dream-Knife

Banned
future as in near future yes . Of course I want my ddr5. As well as new cpu . That’s the whole thing .
I still have 1200 platinum psu and extra case as well as nvme and Corsair rgb fans. Just need to update the core.
It’s not like I didn’t sell it for profit. 3000 cad is plenty enough
There's always something new coming. It's dumb to upgrade when you get rid of your computer. DDR5 won't have much of an advantage for games. Why not just wait for DDR6 and the 5090 in 2024?

//DEVIL//

There's always something new coming. It's dumb to upgrade when you get rid of your computer. DDR5 won't have much of an advantage for games. Why not just wait for DDR6 and the 5090 in 2024?
Wtf u smoking mate ? We done here anyway . Imma enjoy my new build very soon while you call people dumb for upgrading without much cost lol

Top Bottom