• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EuroGAF: Anyone here has gaming experience with the Panasonic JZ2000?

sublimit

Banned
So i'm seriously thinking in the following months to make the plunge and buy the most expensive tv i've ever bought in my life (if i'm lucky enough and my personal life doesn't take another nose dive). I'm considering buying the 55" since i don't have more space than that in my game room and i also sit fairly close to the tv (1.5 meters).

I had great experiences with Panasonic models in the past (since 2008) but i haven't seen one of their high-end OLED models in real life (the shop where i will order it doesn't have one on display).I have heard and read very good things about their OLED models though and i know they support all the "next gen" features like HDMI 2.1,VRR etc.

Those of you who have one do you think it's worth its high price (which is much more than the same range models from the competition)?Also do you think it will be a good enough model for next gen as well (PS6)?

Btw i intend to be using it almost exclusively for gaming (i very rarely watch movies/tv series nowdays).

sublimit

Banned
It will be beautiful, go for it. For me its 2nd only to Sony A90J, how much is that where you are? More or less than the JZ2000?
They are actually exactly the same price of 2899 euros (before i was mistakenly comparing the 65" JZ2000 with the 55" A90J).

From the comparisons i have seen i think they give a slight advantage to Panasonic since the JZ2000's is perfectly calibrated out of the box while for the Sony and LG models you'll need some calibration equipment to reach perfect color accuracy. It also has better sound.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

They are actually exactly the same price (before i was mistakenly comparing the 65" JZ2000 with the 55" A90J).

From the comparisons i have seen i think they give a slight advantage to Panasonic since the JZ2000's is perfectly calibrated out of the box while for the Sony and LG models you'll need some calibration equipment to reach perfect color accuracy. It also has better sound.

You are dead on, I do think the picture processing is a smidge better on the Sony personally but its not something to worry about if you are happy with the Panny, the sound being better and not having as much of a reason to pay for calibration is a bigger bonus.

I think motion is better on Sony, thats my main reason to choose them, but since you said you are only playing games on it means that irrelevant tbh. I also love accoustic surface but like you said the sound system in the Jizz2000 is amazeballs. I only heard the GZ2000 in person but that was excellent.

Top Bottom