• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer have lowered their subscription rate to £2.99 per month

Thebonehead

Banned
I don't think I have used a gaming site like Eurogamer in years now.

Why? I get all the news, reviews and banter I require from gaf.

Out of curiosity I clicked on the links in this thread and read some of those articles. And.......

...... What utter dog shit they were to be frank, and that's coming from someone you'd describe, in the UK, as having a liberal attitude.

LaVaai

Neo Member
The shitty thing about Eurogamer, except all the shitty things mentioned in this thread ofcourse, is that they shadow ban people they disagree with. So not for violating their TOS (or maybe also), but when they strongly disagree with your point of view. I really think shadow banning is one of the worst dark patterns on the web and it should be forbidden. So yeah, fuck Eurogamer.

ShadowNate

Do their other localized websites have different subscriptions or is it the same one that applies to all.
If anything, I'd be willing to support those editions specifically, since they reviewed Hogwarts and ignored the deranged activism against it.

Robb

Gold Member
People are subscribed to Eurogamer?
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'd rather use that money to pay for a box of crayons that I would use to draw pictures of JKR dunking on Twitter mobs.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Fuz

missiles

Eurogamer used to be my go to site. Then I saw that article, looked at the authors little blurb about themself and realised it had fallen.

For anyone who didn't click:

"Ed has an interest in streaming, people and communities, and giving a voice to marginalised people."

Become a politician, then.

Real games journalists were people like Jaz Rignall whose credentials were holding the world record high score for Defender and having cool hair. Fuck off with the political bullshit.

RagnarokIV

For anyone who didn't click:

"Ed has an interest in streaming, people and communities, and giving a voice to marginalised people."

Become a politician, then.

Real games journalists were people like Jaz Rignall whose credentials were holding the world record high score for Defender and having cool hair. Fuck off with the political bullshit.

And they got rid of Rab Florence, who's the best, for this generic bloggo twat.

Their modus operandi for a couple of years now has been to simply block/shadowban anyone who dared to criticise them in any way, or to not open comments altogether on articles they know they'd get pushback on, especially by that daft cunt Ed Nightingale.

Now they want people's money, suddenly HL can be mentioned in the comments, they're even posting polite responses rather than banning them, and they're pretending that things will be different in the sunny future if you hand the cash over. They must be fucking desperate :messenger_beaming:

Anyway, my considered reply to their pathetic begging is below:

Go fuck yourself Eurogamer; I'd rather use my money to wipe my own shit than give it to you.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Yeah EG basically admitted to boycotting the game and then doing the reverse for Atomic Heart, one of the website leads said some shit like "We're balancing things as they come, taking a game by game basis". So yeah their bias is clear, but to drag DF into it is unfair since they DID cover the game and revealed that it was WARNER who asked them to hold off since they didn't want DF to review the game pre-Day 1 patch, so they only got the code AFTER that patch went live.

So EuroGamer is actually CommieGamer. I knew there was a reason why I never trusted those commiesumbitches!

Duchess

Instead of reviewing Hogwarts Legacy, Eurogamer organised a fundraiser for Mermaids, a UK based trans charity ...

... a charity that is currently under investigation by the UK government, due to various safety failings:

Bravo.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Their modus operandi for a couple of years now has been to simply block/shadowban anyone who dared to criticise them in any way, or to not open comments altogether on articles they know they'd get pushback on, especially by that daft cunt Ed Nightingale.

This has been their goto behaviour since the Gamergate period. Way longer than a couple years now, its how they managed to slowly bleed out what used to be a really active community in the comments section.

Now they want people's money, suddenly HL can be mentioned in the comments, they're even posting polite responses rather than banning them, and they're pretending that things will be different in the sunny future if you hand the cash over. They must be fucking desperate :messenger_beaming:

Anyway, my considered reply to their pathetic begging is below:

Go fuck yourself Eurogamer; I'd rather use my money to wipe my own shit than give it to you.

Agreed.

What especially rubbed me the wrong way about their behaviour was that throughout the whole PS360 era they actively encouraged platform wars, because at that point it was a good way to generate traffic. Off-hand I really can't think of an another outlet who were as committed to getting Xbox and Playstation fans fighting each other as they were.

Field

I stopped visiting their site when they got rid of numerical reviews. From this thread looks like I’m not missing much.

UnNamed

Banned
Eurogamer is not that bad.
Most of the comments I've read here are "SiteX is bad because they don't agree with my opinion". Ok, get rid of Eurogamer, what's left? IGN and Gamespot are way worse, at lest EG has some indepth article. Gamesradar or Gameinformer? LOL no.

People keep saying information is free. Bravo, and here's the results. What we have now are sites with copypasta articles, never verified sources, rumors and false leaks, false insiders and so on. And not counting all those blogs who lived with "5 things on Sonic you don't believe I've just copied from Wikipedia".

I'm part of the problem since I rarely contribute to sites I read, but at least I'm not complaining.

Top Bottom