• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer have lowered their subscription rate to £2.99 per month

https://www.eurogamer.net/were-lowering-the-price-of-the-eurogamer-supporter-programme

There are a few folks in the comments section who are choosing not to become subscribers on account of the content not being as good as yesteryear.

Plus there's the small issue of the website not covering Hogwarts Legacy which rankles some readers. As an example, here's the most popular comment.
YsEUyTY.png

Last edited:

Skyfox

Their first mistake was allowing staff photos. It all went downhill after that.

(Because it became clear that they were primarily white men which is woke sacrilege and so they were targeted by asocial media crusaders).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
EG was full of shit too.

When the game launched and there was no Hogwart review, Linneman tweeted they didnt get an early copy.

So he gave the impression, a review will come but it'll be delayed since they'd get the game on launch day like everyone else. Well, it's been 5 weeks and still nothing. So they had zero intent on reviewing or doing a DF article no matter what.

YCoCg

When the game launched and there was no Hogwart review, Linneman tweeted they didnt get an early copy.

So he gave the impression, a review will come but it'll be delayed since they'd get the game on launch day like everyone else.
Did you miss the DF videos on it? It sounds like you did, please don't tell me you're bitching without fact checking again, come on. DF stated what they were going to do, DF revealed it was WARNER who asked them to hold off the review and then DF posted their tech analysis and views at a later date, what exactly did they do wrong?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

People actually sub to eurowoker...

If it wasn't for Ian (who is quite insufferable) being the only person at a major media outlet who gives a shit about VR, eurogamer would be but a fart in the wind and probably non existent.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Did you miss the DF videos on it? It sounds like you did, please don't tell me you're bitching without fact checking again, come on. DF stated what they were going to do, DF revealed it was WARNER who asked them to hold off the review and then DF posted their tech analysis and views at a later date, what exactly did they do wrong?

Did they do a review article or just a DF article?

YCoCg

Did they do a review article or just a DF article?
Just a DF article, and not all DF videos get written side versions that's mainly done for hardware, it's rare you'll see a write up for a game unless they've been invited to the studio or got some inside review with staff or something.

Remember the New Games Journalism manifesto? It was neat back in the day but then their main writers started bitching about Playboy Magazine in Mafia 2 and now we can't even talk about Hogwarts.
What next, burn your copies of LOTR because Weinstein got 15% of each?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just a DF article, and not all DF videos get written side versions that's mainly done for hardware, it's rare you'll see a write up for a game unless they've been invited to the studio or got some inside review with staff or something.
Fair point I missed (or forgot) the DF article.

However, from what people have said too though, EG basically ignored HL coverage for a year. While other sites did their usual previews, EG supposedly did almost nothing. So for such a high profile game, ignoring it shows a bias against it.

YCoCg

Fair point I missed (or forgot) the DF article.

However, from what people have said too though, EG basically ignored HL coverage for a year. While other sites did their usual previews, EG supposedly did almost nothing. So for such a high profile game, ignoring it shows a bias against it.
Yeah EG basically admitted to boycotting the game and then doing the reverse for Atomic Heart, one of the website leads said some shit like "We're balancing things as they come, taking a game by game basis". So yeah their bias is clear, but to drag DF into it is unfair since they DID cover the game and revealed that it was WARNER who asked them to hold off since they didn't want DF to review the game pre-Day 1 patch, so they only got the code AFTER that patch went live.

Nico_D

Who the hell pays for something you are able to get free everywhere? It's not like gaming news are secret.

Also, Eurogamer used to be great. It's not anymore. It's the opposite. I stopped reading them five years or so ago. Probably around the time the first in-your-face political article was published.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who the hell pays for something you are able to get free everywhere? It's not like gaming news are secret.

Also, Eurogamer used to be great. It's not anymore. It's the opposite. I stopped reading them five years or so ago. Probably around the time the first in-your-face political article was published.
Heres what you get in the sub. It doesn't even sound like members only gaming news.

WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE MEMBERSHIP PLAN

Game key giveaways for yearly subscribers (while stocks last)​

Free games! Every so often we'll give away keys for a game, such as Hitman World of Assassination, to use the most recent example.

Ad-free browsing​

View the site without any advertising and with a tweaked, clean new layout.

Discounts​

• Exclusive discounts at the ReedPop store and when ordering tickets to the EGX gaming shows.

Exclusive supporter-only content​

• Exclusive-access to Emma Kent's strange adventures in games series
    We've coaxed Eurogamer favourite Emma Kent back to write a monthly column for supporters that records her weird and wonderful adventures in online games.
  • Exclusive-access to Five of the Best
    Every week, we'll think of five of the best examples of something in a game, like kisses, or box art, or expansion packs. But will you agree?
  • Exclusive-access to Game of the Week
    We take another look at the game we thought stood out that particular week, and think about why.
  • An exclusive behind-the-scenes, videoed podcast
    Each month, we'll assemble members of the Eurogamer team to talk about the work they do and how they do it.
  • Exclusive Ask Me Anythings
    Ask us your questions in AMAs held only for supporters. What do you want to know?

"Supporter" commenting status​

The word "supporter" next to your username, in an attractive shade of pink. Wear it with pride!

STARSBarry

Gold Member
man I would never subscribe and pay money for something that I otherwise get for free, that would be stupid

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It indeed is a wonder.

Funny part is, that game was pretty damned current year acceptance/diverse and woke for what an outside the norm biker culture/post-apoc world actually would be.

But of course, the "we are totally not the bigots" judge a book by its cover. ;)

Last edited:

Aenima

You need to go full Simple Jack to have a subscription for Eurogamer.net.

SJW propaganda trash.

They satelite european sites like Eurogamer.pt and from other countries, are much better gaming sites.

NickFire

Part of me wants to feel bad for them because I enjoyed their website content for years. But I just can't. Seriously, how many commercial flops have they reported on that should have told them who the paying audience really is? 10, 50, 500?

Who knows though. Maybe the people who pushed for boycotts will bail them out. Can you sub to gaming sites with food stamps?

Aenima

They did? I'm searching their site. I dont see a Hogwarts review article.
Eurogamer.net did not coverened any news or reviews of the game for the political reasons we know. But Digital Foundry did they tech analisis.

Eurogamer satelite sites, like Eurogamer.pt, Eurogamer.es, etc covered the game and reviwed it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom