• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer have lowered their subscription rate to £2.99 per month

Their first mistake was allowing staff photos. It all went downhill after that.

(Because it became clear that they were primarily white men which is woke sacrilege and so they were targeted by asocial media crusaders).
Well if EG wanted to wave the flag for minorities that's fine by me, I support that. However, their workforce doesn't reflect their values - thus they are hyprocrites. If they didn't want to cover Hogwarts that's their choice but please, EG, don't pretend for one second you are as open and inclusive as you would like to think you are.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
what do you expect from this:

silas-self-flagellation.gif

Fbh

"Hey, consider paying for our professional videogame coverage"
"Are you going to cover what's likely going to be one of if not THE biggest game of 2023"
"nope"
"well then I don't really think your content is worth any money, specially with so many free online sources that will cover the games I'm interested in"
surprised-pikachu.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I just came in to say that I, Kira, would impregnate, continously, like one of those Jordan Peterson Chinese blowjob machines but for chicks, that Aoife chick from Eurogamer. With no shame.

And Anita Sarkeesian. I feel like I've done this bit before. Oh well. Hi, 1k new users!

Denton

Fuck Eurogamer, they gave Mafia 4/10

And then they gave Mafia 2 4/10

And then they bitched about Kingdom Come Deliverance for no good reason

And then they bitched about Hogwarts Legacy for no good reason

Just fuck 'em really

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Eurogamer was a regular site for me to read but their idiotic stance on Hogwarts really pissed me off that a bunch of old white dudes would fucking cower to a bunch of purple haired fuckwits instead of ignoring them and doing what they're meant to do and review video games, not take ideological stands especially one so fucking moronic, fuck em

ReBurn

Gold Member
All I ever read there is digital foundry. And I don't even do that any more, I just watch their videos on youtube. Since I pay for ad-free youtube I figure google is already giving them a cut. So I'm paying for it that way I suppose.

I don't read their news or reviews. Anything that's really relevant gets posted here. I'd rather pay for this place.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Heres what you get in the sub. It doesn't even sound like members only gaming news.

WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE MEMBERSHIP PLAN

Game key giveaways for yearly subscribers (while stocks last)​

Free games! Every so often we'll give away keys for a game, such as Hitman World of Assassination, to use the most recent example.

Ad-free browsing​

View the site without any advertising and with a tweaked, clean new layout.

Discounts​

• Exclusive discounts at the ReedPop store and when ordering tickets to the EGX gaming shows.

Exclusive supporter-only content​

• Exclusive-access to Emma Kent's strange adventures in games series
    We've coaxed Eurogamer favourite Emma Kent back to write a monthly column for supporters that records her weird and wonderful adventures in online games.
  • Exclusive-access to Five of the Best
    Every week, we'll think of five of the best examples of something in a game, like kisses, or box art, or expansion packs. But will you agree?
  • Exclusive-access to Game of the Week
    We take another look at the game we thought stood out that particular week, and think about why.
  • An exclusive behind-the-scenes, videoed podcast
    Each month, we'll assemble members of the Eurogamer team to talk about the work they do and how they do it.
  • Exclusive Ask Me Anythings
    Ask us your questions in AMAs held only for supporters. What do you want to know?

"Supporter" commenting status​

The word "supporter" next to your username, in an attractive shade of pink. Wear it with pride!
And there are people who are willing to pay for that?
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

RagnarokIV

Stealth blacklisted Hogwarts and that new writer they brought on who done the twitch gender paygap article has ruined the site. It's gone full looney now. Hard pass. Keep the political belief shit out. Already ruined PCGamer and others.

fermcr

Occasionally visit the Eurogamer site. Didn't know they had a subscription service. :messenger_open_mouth:

Subscription services are everywhere... And I have none. Not even Netflix.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Of course there's a pro-trans person in the comments screaming that everyone who disagrees with EG on HL wants trans people to stop existing.

Of course there is.

Porcile

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.gif

Seriously completely forgot Eurogamer even exists. I'm also always amazed when I randomly see a Gamespot or Gamesradar article just because I can't imagine how they didn't go under years ago.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Yea I haven't really visited any gaming news sites in years other than a quick glance at kotaku every day. Sure as hell wouldn't subscribe to any. More so them since they wanna play politics.

Puscifer

Gold Member
Why would anyone pay for such low quality gaming journalism.....
Lol Jason Schrier does journalism

Everything else is punditry by and large

It's why the whole "ethics in gaming journalism" was so damn stupid/hilarious to begin with

Last edited:

MayauMiao

"To give you more for less, basically."

Yet other free gaming review sites was able to give us Hogwarts Legacy, the biggest and successful game this year so far, for free and Eurogamer failed to do their job covering that.

Let Eurogamer die on the hill they choose to stand on.

Wait, people actually pay for video games news and reviews? Aren't all the big sites like IGN, Gamespot, and whatever else out there is free? I'm shocked people actually pay for something that is widely free everywhere.

CGNoire

Did you miss the DF videos on it? It sounds like you did, please don't tell me you're bitching without fact checking again, come on. DF stated what they were going to do, DF revealed it was WARNER who asked them to hold off the review and then DF posted their tech analysis and views at a later date, what exactly did they do wrong?

They only posted it on YT and banned it on there Site. So op is correcf.

CGNoire

Just a DF article, and not all DF videos get written side versions that's mainly done for hardware, it's rare you'll see a write up for a game unless they've been invited to the studio or got some inside review with staff or something.
Thats not true. Pretty DF video gets both a YT post and a small article wirh summary of DF's findings. This was intentional and theres tweets fromt the head of EG backing it up.

YCoCg

Thats not true. Pretty DF video gets both a YT post and a small article wirh summary of DF's findings. This was intentional and theres tweets fromt the head of EG backing it up.
But DF still reviewed the game, EG are the ones who control what gets posted on EG, so claiming DF didn't review the game or speak about is factually without a doubt wrong and is slander.

CGNoire

But DF still reviewed the game, EG are the ones who control what gets posted on EG, so claiming DF didn't review the game or speak about is factually without a doubt wrong and is slander.
This op was about EG not DF. EG refused to cover it on there site. In the end EG censored any mention of it on there site post release.

YCoCg

This op was about EG not DF. EG refused to cover it on there site. In the end EG censored any mention of it on there site post release.
Another poster then brought DF into the mix citing that they never covered the game at all, my response is to that, because DF did cover the game and spoke about it multiple times.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder I missed the DF post. I searched their site before doing post earlier using their search box and never got a review or DF article.

Eurogamer's taste in games is drastically different to mine. They seem to have a consistent hate boner for story driven accessible games (games with difficulty options). If they like a game, there is a good chance I won't like it (Zelda:BoTW and Bayonetta games come to mind) and if they give a negative/neutral rating to a game (eg. the Horizon games), there is a good chance I will like it. So thanks, but no thanks I guess.

Top Bottom