• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Leaked PS4 Slim is legit (bootup video)

Xater

How could this thing get out?

Sony must be super pissed right now.

Like the design btw, but I´m waiting for the NEO.

This thing is probably already being on it's way to retailers. I expect it to be on sale immediately after the event.

If they're this far into production I'm kind of amazed we didn't know about it a lot earlier.

some japanese analyst i think it was momochi hinted at it

but other than that I don't think anyone else really picked up on it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240624&page=1

Sony plans to ship 20 million units of the PlayStation 4 during the current fiscal year, with momentum likely to be fueled by releases of blockbuster game titles and a high-end version of the console.

Macquarie Securities analyst Damian Thong said Sony might also introduce a slimmer version of the PlayStation. Sony declined to comment on that possibility. The new variations of the console might be released at a game show in September, Mr. Thong said.

It's going to be awesome to learn more about this machine, there's sure to be hardware changes and probably a die-shrink too which enables the console to be really small like this.

This is probably going to be a lot cheaper than the original PS4 models too, it looks to be a lot cheaper to make. Possibly something like £200-250?

Having a really affordable entry level PlayStation 4 would be an excellent idea, a £200 PlayStation 4 Slim and then something like a £300-400 PlayStation 4 Neo.

slider

Cry themselves to sleep until Sept 7th reveal, definitely.
Sweating bullets as we type right now, fearing that Neo leak.
Crack in the pipes; ninja's ain't gonna help them now.

And, of course, up the specs of the Neo. It's the only way.

OléGunner;214564704 said:
Said in the other thread but this is a bad looking console similar to the first PS3 slim.
Just a really fugly design that looks very very cheap.

You mean the Super Slim don't you? Because the original Slim was a great design unlike this POS ⬇️

Super_Slim_PS3_35454664_35454666_35454667_35454668_04_620x433.jpg

Blue-kun

Good, I've been holding off for P5 or FFXV or whatever (whatever means Ys VIII PS4 next year, but shhhhh) to get my PS4, and I guess this comes just in time. No 4k TV here, so NEO isn't all that appealing. I'm hoping for a price cut, a $250 deal would be juuuuuuuuuuuust perfect.

I like how it looks, though. I mean, seems like it'd fit just nice in my living room. Hopefully it isn't too loud, but other than that, no complaints.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How could this thing get out?

Sony must be super pissed right now.

Pffft. The Xbox One S leak spoiled Xbox's E3 reveal in a significant way. The sexy slick design with 4K BD and $299 would have blown the roof off if the audience was completely surprised.

Microsoft response was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sony will probably be the same.

Why did Sony choose to sell this on Gumtree only?

(It's a niche site here in Blighty for people who sell used things).

I thought something like this would be available across retail stores.

Jimrpg

So is this a slim or a neo?

Seems weird for them to bring both out at around the same time.

Just saw my question answered above. Carry on chaps.

Yep. I understand that during the event there will be other stuffs to be covered (the Neo, possibly a new PSP3, even just the official specs of the Slim), but this level of leak...is disappointing I presume.

I even wonder how they got hold of a small shipment of these in the UAE. Or how this guy on Gumtree got it.

Top Bottom