• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: NX = portable w/ carts, detachable controllers, Tegra, TV Out, no BC, Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what would be the point of a press invite NDA? We know there's an NX and we know when it's scheduled for release. Would a reveal date, leaked a few weeks before, affect their current sales that much? Are NOA banking on a few weeks of Nintendo Select sales and the new 3DS Mario sku to the degree that an unveil date would be detrimental?

Yeah I don't get that either, which is why I initially assumed there would likely be no NDA, but ggx probably knows better than me:

Press invites have always come with NDAs, that's why some guys said that they're going somewhere but can't mention what for. Problem is we can't probably dig up if this happened in the other 13th of September events in the previous years.

georly

It actually wouldn't surprise me too much if the invites are sent out under an NDA and we might not actually hear about them for a while.

Usually you'll still get a sense that the people invited know something is coming soon.

Someone usually tweets "ooh something big is happening" or even sometimes specifically namedropping the company. "Nintendo fans, get excited!" or something. None of that so far.

what chance do you guys think there is for nx being pushed back to Q4 '17? would like to hear some discussion on if this is actually a possibilty-

It'd be disappointing but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Usually you'll still get a sense that the people invited know something is coming soon.

Someone usually tweets "ooh something big is happening" or even sometimes specifically namedropping the company. "Nintendo fans, get excited!" or something. None of that so far.
In the biggest secret hands-ons, you don't get any of that at all. They stay perfectly silent until the company has made the announcement, and post the article they wrote about the experience right as the announcement is made.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The idea of an embargo for the info about NX is hilarious and totally something I see Nintendo doing.

Reveal and hands-on scheduled for 13th of September, NDA-ed invites sent now to press, info blow-out on 15th of September out of the blue with no hype, no preparation, nothing. Beautiful Nintendo-like PR!

E-phonk

Banned
what chance do you guys think there is for nx being pushed back to Q4 '17? would like to hear some discussion on if this is actually a possibilty-

The biggest "against" is that they won't have any software lined up for 2017, nor will 3rd parties (for 3DS). So they would go 3 more quarters without any notable sales, as 3DS and WiiU are down YoY and will only go down more as time passes without any releases.
Pokemon will help the 3DS a bit, but it would be another disaster year for Nintendo financially.

When they release in march and their 2016 numbers are bad they can at least point at the new hardware releasing to make up for it.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I think I'm leaning toward a digital event with press hands-on beforehand, and we won't hear about the event until 2-3 days prior. Also, it'll be 30-45 minutes long. The press event will probably be a week or so after TGS, and the digital event will be at the end of September. Announced on September 26th, "streamed" on September 29th. They may delay it based on what Sony announces.

ahkdigital

Neo Member
Alright, guys, it's time for desperate measures:

(425) 882-2040

Someone call Nintendo and say you've received the invite but wanted to confirm how many staff you could bring to the September 13th press event.

Come on, spyGAF.

Noi_

Banned

(425) 882-2040

Someone call Nintendo and say you've received the invite but wanted to confirm how many staff you could bring to the September 13th press event.

Come on, spyGAF.

someone pls. at the very least this could be funny

just be like, "hey i'm X person from [insert popular gaming news website here], ect.

Nairume

Banned
Something would have had to have disastrously gone wrong and they'd have to do a hell of a lot of sweet talking to their shareholders to justify waiting until then.

georly

In the biggest secret hands-ons, you don't get any of that at all. They stay perfectly silent until the company has made the announcement, and post the article they wrote about the experience right as the announcement is made.

There have been tons of times when you could tell an event was happening despite no-one in the press actually revealing it. Usually a tweet, or forum posts, or something. Either a hint directly from those attending, or maybe a friend of someone attending. You can't invite a ton of press to an event and have NONE of them say a word to even their closest of friends.

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but every time some big press event is happening, someone accidentally (and usually indirectly) spills the beans.

Only way it stays completely silent is if nintendo announce it publicly before they announce it to the press. Or if there is not press event at all (which I think we all agree would be dumb, since that means no hands-on reporting).

[Number redacted]

Come on, spyGAF.

Jesus christ don't do this. You're just gonna make some poor NOA employee's job worse today.

jmizzal

If there's no announcement today I'm done predicting when the announcement will come. It's too unhealthy for me to keep obesssing about this announcement. I'm just going to let it come when it comes.

I'm giving it til Thursday lol, then after that i'll just wait haha no more guessing

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

(425) 882-2040

Come on, spyGAF.

We can't have possibly be at this point, now.
Especially considering how unprepared we are for this. We have no one who can make a perfect Reggie's voice imitation, what a travesty!

No announcement yet, but I feel better now :p

jmizzal

Would Nintendo really want to do that, and go right up against Neo and Scorpio, I doubt it, just release it in March.

They said the delay was games related, they should have enough games to spread through 2017

Neoxon

Would Nintendo really want to do that, and go right up against Neo and Scorpio, I doubt it, just release it in March.

They said the delay was games related, they should have enough games to spread through 2017
Nintendo may have to go up against the PS4 Neo, as some rumors are saying that the Neo may not come out until March 2017.

jmizzal

Nintendo may have to go up against the PS4 Neo, as some rumors are saying that the Neo may not come out until March 2017.

I highly doubt the Neo is coming in March, they are not gonna release PS4 slim in the Fall and turn around and release Neo in March. It May come before Fall 2017 but it def wont be Q1.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

(425) 882-2040

Come on, spyGAF.
Don't call this number, kids.
nintendo's legal department

(425) 882-2040

Come on, spyGAF.

It starts like this and then before you know it you are calling 30 GameStops.

(425) 882-2040

Come on, spyGAF.

I looked up the number and it's the Nintendo Legal Dept. Don't do it. lmao

Don't call this number, kids.
nintendo's legal department

^^^ Beat me to the punch there. haha

marmoka

Banned
But why should the event for the 13th os September be announced today? An not tomorrow or next week?

Relax people! Probably the press knows the exact date and time, and if it's a live or digital event, but they aren't allowed to talk about it. It will be announced sooner or later, but do not do this to yourselves.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A week later would be pointless, and more than that would mean that it's either not ready or they have no confidence in it. If press don't get hands-on time with NX next month, it will not launch in March. Mark my words.

Why? This makes zero sense. Is there some unwritten rule that press need to play it as soon as its announced? I guess I'm not understanding this sentiment.

Hydrus

I can't take this shit anymore!! Just announce it already dammit!! If we don't have some legit official info by the time Neo releases, I'm gonna just upgrade to that and hold off on NX for a really long time.

Atheerios

4fc.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
I can't take this shit anymore!! Just announce it already dammit!! If we don't have some legit official info by the time Neo releases, I'm gonna just upgrade to that and hold off on NX for a really long time.

I bet Nintendo is shaking in their boots now. How will they ever recover?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, let's try to bring back some possible games speculation.

Shin'en in a recent interview with Italian website NintendOn

http://www.nintendon.it/intervista-martin-sauter-shinen-108994/2

(don't worry, the interview is actually one page long, but they included the translation for the second page)

What would you like to do after Fast Racing Neo?

The problem is I can’t talk about it. I’d really like to talk about it, but if I say anything…. let me put it this way: we’re very happy to work with Nintendo, we’ll keep doing it and our next project will be with them. We’re also carrying out new experiments and creating new prototypes, but I can’t talk about this either, because they’re so deep in their initial stage that there would be no point talking about it now.

So we can say you’re working hard, and you’ll keep working with Nintendo.

Exactly. Which is good, because selling games online is not easy, but the Nintendo eShop has worked very well for us, so it would be very stupid to change rather than carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom